+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate Clearance, Out of Canada

Maplekiwiclan

May 12, 2016
Hi there,

I am working on my husband's application for permanent residency. We are currently living in New Zealand, and need to both supply Canadian police certificates for our application (he lived in Canada for over 6 months). We have both gotten our fingerprints taken here, and I know that I need to send them to an accredited company to get them digitized. My question is do they send the digitized prints off to the RCMP or do they send it back to me? Do I wait to submit our package, or go ahead and submit the package now and do the certificates as they come in?

Any clarity on this process would be awesome. Thanks.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Maplekiwiclan said:
Hi there,

I am working on my husband's application for permanent residency. We are currently living in New Zealand, and need to both supply Canadian police certificates for our application (he lived in Canada for over 6 months). We have both gotten our fingerprints taken here, and I know that I need to send them to an accredited company to get them digitized. My question is do they send the digitized prints off to the RCMP or do they send it back to me? Do I wait to submit our package, or go ahead and submit the package now and do the certificates as they come in?

Any clarity on this process would be awesome. Thanks.
You need police reports for every country you've lived in for 6 months or more EXCEPT Canada. IRCC does their own Canadian background check.

Oh and, that's only for the applicant, not the sponsor. Sponsor does not need to send police reports unless they ask for one in rare circumstances.