+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certfcate

Martinchan123

Jan 8, 2021
Hello

I left Canada more than 186 days in the past 4 years so I required a police certificate. However the country I suppose to get the police certificate from required a confirmation letter from IRCC in order to get a certificate. Do i submit my citizenship application with the explanation why I don’t have the certificate now or there are ways to get a request police certificate form from IRCC before I submit? Thanks!

RamyMN

Star Member
Dec 13, 2019
Hello

I left Canada more than 186 days in the past 4 years so I required a police certificate. However the country I suppose to get the police certificate from required a confirmation letter from IRCC in order to get a certificate. Do i submit my citizenship application with the explanation why I don’t have the certificate now or there are ways to get a request police certificate form from IRCC before I submit? Thanks!
Could you request a police certificate directed "To whom it may concern" without specifically mentioning IRCC. In some cases, you might need to speak to a more senior person at the embassy to get the service you require.

Alternatively, you can submit an explanation letter with your application explaining why you were not able to present such Certificates. If accepted it could get your application processing started, no guarantees about how this would affect the security screening process.

wink

May 25, 2021
Hello

You left Canada for 186 days, but where did you go? If it was for the country from where you lived just before moving to Canada as PR, then you don't need to submit certificate again.

RamyMN

Star Member
Dec 13, 2019
You left Canada for 186 days, but where did you go? If it was for the country from where you lived just before moving to Canada as PR, then you don't need to submit certificate again.
To Wink's pint. If the 186 days were all before landing as an immigrant and in your home country, you would not need a police certificate. Otherwise, if you spent the 186 days continuously, that is one visit, in one country after landing as an immigrant, a police certificate from such country would be required.

Reactions: abbas.pasha