+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police cerificate validity

Discussion in 'Canadian Experience Class' started by AshlynJ, Jan 12, 2019.

1. #1 AshlynJ, Jan 12, 2019 at 3:42 PM
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    Hello,

I'm in the cic pool, not getting the invitation yet. I'm preparing for the all documents as soon as possible.

My husband got police certificates for both of us when he was back home for holidays in Nov, especially on the last day of his visit of the country.

I wonder if his certificate is valid or not.
    According to the CIC, the police certificate should be issued after the last time stayed in that country.

Thanks for your help

2. No I don’t think his certificate is valid. Even one day can cause a problem for you guys in the long run. For people living abroad, a pcc is only valid if it has been obtained after the last time the applicant lived in that country. I’ll advise he applies for another one now that he already left. Goodluck.

AshlynJ likes this.
  3. I see. I appreciate your advice. We will! Thanks

4. The rules on this keep changing, so you will get contradictory answers. The rules that the VO will use are those in effect at the time you apply. See here:
    https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

"For the country where you currently live
    The police certificate for the country where you currently live:
    • must be issued no more than 6 months before the date you submit your application
    • must not be expired
    For any other country
    For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row."

Since your husband did not stay for 6 months, the PCC he obtained is valid.

AshlynJ likes this.
  5. Hey. You're correct. The rule has been changed...
    His police certificate is definitely valid since he stayed only 3 weeks in Korea.
    I really appreciate your help!! We save time and money :)