24-08-2012
Passport Req..
3-1-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-1-2013
LANDED..........
23-1-2013
Hi all,

I got an email today asking me to send the copy of all pages from my passport to the Warsaw's VO! :)

They mentioned I can do it by email, fax or mail and as I think the traditional way is kinds expensive (post canada $58 and 5 days to deliver, UPS - as mentioned above even more expensive but only 3 days to deliver) I'm seriously considering scanning the pages and sending it to them by email OR even faxing it.

What do you think of this idea? Has anybody tried it yet? :-\

Evien

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 7, 2012
AOR Received.
October 18, 2012
File Transfer...
October 29, 2012
Passport Req..
December 7, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 28, 2012
Congrazt! :)
u just scan all passport pages and email them. (thats what i did!) :)
just dont forget "Our system will accept attachments up to 9MB only."

lioha

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Evien said:
Congrazt! :)
u just scan all passport pages and email them. (thats what i did!) :)
just dont forget "Our system will accept attachments up to 9MB only."
Evien, did you get a reply back from Warsaw Visa Office? I know Nicellina, also on this forum, got a reply after 2 days saying her CORP was ready. I am wondering if they are so fast for everyone?

Ryathe, I think scanning is fully fine. I sent my wife's passport copy with UPS just because we had to also include my daughter's birth certificate. I payed over 100$ for everything from Riga to Warsaw but it took less then 24 hours though. They got it on December 28th, so now we are waiting :)

Evien

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 7, 2012
AOR Received.
October 18, 2012
File Transfer...
October 29, 2012
Passport Req..
December 7, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 28, 2012
Yes! Im almost done with immigration! :) (my documents r ready for pick up)
request for passport was on Dec 7th and PR papers ready for pick up was on Dec 28th :)
but Im not in rush because i still have a valid working permit! :)
all process took me 4 months... its AMAZING! :)

so if u got a passport request.... just 1-2 weeks wait ;) and u r DONE! :)
Good luck! :)

Ryathe

Star Member
May 1, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2012
File Transfer...
30-10-2012
Med's Done....
24-08-2012
Passport Req..
3-1-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-1-2013
LANDED..........
23-1-2013
Thank you for your advice guys! :) I scanned everything, made it smaller (the size of the original passport pages) and sent it yesterday. The funny thing is that in the mail with the passport copy request they wrote

"We are in the final stages of processing and we need a copy of your passport.."

But my ecas status changed today with the info "In process" - "We started processing of your app on Jan 3, 2013". So the same day that they sent my this email where they claimed it's the final stage of processing, hehe.

I know I shouldn't be too hopeful it IS actually the final stage but as long as they don't ask for more docs that would delay the process, I'm happy. :)

Evien

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 7, 2012
AOR Received.
October 18, 2012
File Transfer...
October 29, 2012
Passport Req..
December 7, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 28, 2012
hihi :D i had the same! :D
after i sent passport copies ..in changed "in process"
no worries... 1-3 weeks and u r done! :)

lioha

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any news enybody?

I am back to Canada from Latvia since last week. It was so tough leaving my wife and our newborn daughter. I still have no news from the Visa Office. Hurry up!!! :( I know that the x-ray was mailed on the 7th of January by the doctor and they have copies of my wife's passport pages for almost three weeks now.

Ryathe

Star Member
May 1, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2012
File Transfer...
30-10-2012
Med's Done....
24-08-2012
Passport Req..
3-1-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-1-2013
LANDED..........
23-1-2013
Hi lioha,

Actually, I checked my ecas status yesterday and it changed into "Decision Made" with the note:
"A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision."

BUT I still haven't received any email/call~ :'( ...so even though I should be happy that it's (most probably) a happy ending, I wonder what takes them so long to email me about it... makes me start to wonder if it IS truly a happy ending... maybe they sent a letter saying NO, thank you... eh.

lioha

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ryathe said:
Hi lioha,

Actually, I checked my ecas status yesterday and it changed into "Decision Made" with the note:
"A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision."

BUT I still haven't received any email/call~ :'( ...so even though I should be happy that it's (most probably) a happy ending, I wonder what takes them so long to email me about it... makes me start to wonder if it IS truly a happy ending... maybe they sent a letter saying NO, thank you... eh.
You should not be worried, the refusal can only come after an interview. So in your case, your email or mail is coming your way. Congratulations!!! The status for my wife still says in Process. I am sure it is due to the x-ray, being super slow to make it through its bureaucratic way. Our medicals actually go to London and they are then processed there and the results are comminicated to the VO.

andwella

Jan 15, 2013
nicelina said:
thank you

we arrange UPS! only one UPS office agreed to do that without opening account. rest of them + fedex and DHL wants me to open account and send something 3-4 times monthly! so we found UPS, we placed our order on Wednesday and today(Monday) we should receive my papers! cant wait to see UPS driver in our car pool :) lol with UPS everything happened trough phone! very easy! and it cost us $130.00. i am sure you can call him from any city in CAnada if you need pre paid courier from poland to canada :)
if you need his phone i can give it to anyone :)
Hi, congratulations! I just got the confirmation letter... I'm having difficulties to arrange the currier. I called UPS and they say, that to arrange it, it's embassy, that needs to have money to pay for the UPS...and not me directly... did you have the same issue? How did you pay? May be I got a wrong number and a wrong person, could you PLEASE give me the number you used?
Thank you so much!!!

lioha

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
andwella said:
Hi, congratulations! I just got the confirmation letter... I'm having difficulties to arrange the currier. I called UPS and they say, that to arrange it, it's embassy, that needs to have money to pay for the UPS...and not me directly... did you have the same issue? How did you pay? May be I got a wrong number and a wrong person, could you PLEASE give me the number you used?
Thank you so much!!!
Hello andwella

I suggest you write a personal message to Nicellina for a quicker reply. This is weired since any courrier services can pickup packages, marchendise whatever it is from any adress and it can be payed by the person making the order. Congratulations on the confirmation letter!!! :)

Ryathe

Star Member
May 1, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2012
File Transfer...
30-10-2012
Med's Done....
24-08-2012
Passport Req..
3-1-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-1-2013
LANDED..........
23-1-2013
I want to hear what Nicelina replies coz I'll be in the same situation soon. :)

And good luck with your medicals! :)

dzuls

Star Member
Sep 29, 2012
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2013
AOR Received.
24-01-2013
File Transfer...
14-02-2013
Med's Done....
14-11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-05-2013
LANDED..........
28-05-2013
Hi All,

I was just reading this thread because I am applying for my PR through Warsaw (documents were sent in in the beginning of January to CPC Mississauga). Could anyone of you guys please explain what is meant with picking up the papers from Warsaw? It seems like a few of you are currently dealing with that. Does that apply for outland applicants also or only the ones who applied inland and thats why the confirmation is being mailed to them and they have to cover the costs?

Thanks a lot!! And good luck to everybody!

lioha

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dzuls said:
Hi All,

I was just reading this thread because I am applying for my PR through Warsaw (documents were sent in in the beginning of January to CPC Mississauga). Could anyone of you guys please explain what is meant with picking up the papers from Warsaw? It seems like a few of you are currently dealing with that. Does that apply for outland applicants also or only the ones who applied inland and thats why the confirmation is being mailed to them and they have to cover the costs?

Thanks a lot!! And good luck to everybody!
Hi dzuls,

Welcome to the "club" of people going through Warsaw. I am impatiantly waiting for my wife to get that magical email telling to pick up her CORP. It is for people going outland. Basically what happens is that when Warsaw Visa Office decides to give you a go, they actually cheap out on the mailing :D and ask the applicant to arrange pick up in Warsaw on their own. You can do this with courrier companies. I am wondering if you can just show up at the Visa Office and ask for your paper? Not that either me or my wife are close to Warsaw, but still curious. :)

Ryathe

Star Member
May 1, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2012
File Transfer...
30-10-2012
Med's Done....
24-08-2012
Passport Req..
3-1-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-1-2013
LANDED..........
23-1-2013
Hey all,

Yesterday I finally got THE email from Warsaw VO saying my papers are ready to be picked up! :)
So I spent the whole morning calling couriers asking prices etc.

And for me the cheapest was UPS - $99 in total for the express option, Warsaw - Montreal. I also called Warsaw VO and a very nice lady told me more about how it's going to look like with the courier. She said that after I make an order I need to email her (the usual email address) the bar code label (which I'm going to get from UPS after finishing the order) coz based on that she's going to call the courier and arrange the pick up date/time with the UPS courier in Warsaw directly. She also told me not to worry if I don't get it this week as for some reason (she didn't specify why) she won't be able to call the courier till Monday. Good to know. ;)

The funny thing is that when I called UPS I was told I need to create an account to do this pre-paid service. But as I started to ask more it turned out I can just go to UPS store, fill out a form with the sender/receiver addresses and voila. :) So I did that and the guy at the store knew very well about the pre-paid option and the send the email with the bar cod label to my email address so that later I forwarded it to the Warsaw VO.

You don't need to buy an envelope fro mthe courier, the immigration has already everything packed, the lady told me it's (in my case but I guess it's true for most/all of us) 0.5kg, standard size envelope (30x24cm) if you need to know that for the courier.

So that's how it looked for me, hope it'll help others dealing with the pre-paid thingy. :)

@dzuls - yes, we're all outland here, hence Warsaw VO. :) Good luck to you!