+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Points increased before 2 years work experience

leeyangkai

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Happy New Year everyone!

I am not sure how many people had similar experience but I just discovered my EE points get increased (increased to 455+) because CIC considers I already completed TWO years Canadian work experience, even though the actual date would be 1 month later.

There is a high chance that I will get an ITA next draw.

I have seen so many conflicting information over the forums, so I would like to ask people's real experience in regards to this matter. - Did you accept it or decline it?, and did you successfully obtain PR under this circumstances?

Much thanks!!!

leeyangkai

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Can anyone help with this case?

I am also reading A11.2:

Section 11.2 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) includes a new authority that supports the Express Entry system.

Under section A11.2, an officer may not issue a visa to an applicant who did not or does not meet the Express Entry minimum entry criteria (MEC) or did not or does not possess the qualifications for which they received their CRS score at the time when

• the invitation to apply (ITA) was issued; or
  • the e-APR was received by IRCC.

Does it mean I can still accept the ITA since the MEC is met anyway?

Thanks!!

Haider991

Jun 3, 2019
Happy New Year everyone!

I am not sure how many people had similar experience but I just discovered my EE points get increased (increased to 455+) because CIC considers I already completed TWO years Canadian work experience, even though the actual date would be 1 month later.

I have seen so many conflicting information over the forums, so I would like to ask people's real experience in regards to this matter. - Did you accept it or decline it?, and did you successfully obtain PR under this circumstances?

Much thanks!!!
Happy New Year everyone!

Much thanks!!!
Hi I am in a similar situation. Did you move forward with the ITA before completion of 2 years? Did you face any issues?