+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Points for work experience in in Only One Occupation:query for EE CRS

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi friends,
pls help me to understand what is the correct meaning of below statement:

ii. How many years of skilled foreign work experience do you have? It must have been continuous, paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation.

This is a question that comes on CIC CRS Tool page with question number as 6.(ii).

My confusion is created due to the words in italics "in only one occupation"?

Does it mean that only work experience towards Main NOC will count and not the other work exp will be counted for points in CRS?

I have total of 8 years of exp in last 10 years, but my work exp in one NOC is only for 1 year 2 months and in another NOC it is total 7 years. Both are different occupations.

Now I am planning to go for NOC with 1 year 2 months work exp (Financial Managers NOC), so does it mean that I will get points of work experience for only 1 year 2 months?? and the rest of 7 years will not be counted??

Or is it something there which I am not able to understand about?

All experts and seniors, pls help me to understand this better.

White knight 22

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes .. it is simple.. u can claim your experience for just one occupation( one NOC) so pick whichever is better for u .. thanks

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
White knight 22 said:
yes .. it is simple.. u can claim your experience for just one occupation( one NOC) so pick whichever is better for u .. thanks
thank you White knight 22 for your reply...

so, it will be better If I pick NOC with longer work experience as I will be able to score more points. That makes sense.

But then, will the NOC selection be making any difference in getting ITA??

Does CIC allot ITA based on CRS only or they go selective for particular NOCs with higher CRS??

Pls provide your inputs for this.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Kaur_R

May 20, 2015
munjal said:
thank you White knight 22 for your reply...

so, it will be better If I pick NOC with longer work experience as I will be able to score more points. That makes sense.

But then, will the NOC selection be making any difference in getting ITA??

Does CIC allot ITA based on CRS only or they go selective for particular NOCs with higher CRS??

Pls provide your inputs for this.

Thanks in advance for your reply.
As of today, CIC has not issued any NOC specific ITAs ...