+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Points for Siblings (HELP)

rajeev.b.81

Jan 20, 2018
hello my query is slightly different,
my real sister is pr in canda.but our passports has slight difference in fathers name,minmine pp has surname written as aaaaa bbbbb but on her pp only has aaaaa but not surname with fathers name.will it be any problem

cuteJ

Feb 21, 2018
Hi Everyone,

What is the best time one can claim sibling points? I have heard that one can not claim 15 crs points from a sibling unless the PR Visa holder has filed Income Tax Return in Canada only to show that he/she is living there. Is this true?

Or, we can claim 15 crs points from siblings once they have got their PR Card? If so, then what documents do we need to submit to claim those points? Please explain.

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi Everyone,

What is the best time one can claim sibling points? I have heard that one can not claim 15 crs points from a sibling unless the PR Visa holder has filed Income Tax Return in Canada only to show that he/she is living there. Is this true?

Or, we can claim 15 crs points from siblings once they have got their PR Card? If so, then what documents do we need to submit to claim those points? Please explain.

You can claims points for sibling once he/she done with landing and signed his/her COPR. Your sibling must be living in Canada after PR.

Until they get their PR Card - you can use signed COPR as proof of their status
BirthCertificate & Bio-Page of passport for proof relationship that shows your parents name
Lease, UtiliryBills, Bank Statement to show that they are currently in Canada.

Thanks,

cuteJ

Feb 21, 2018
You can claims points for sibling once he/she done with landing and signed his/her COPR. Your sibling must be living in Canada after PR.

Until they get their PR Card - you can use signed COPR as proof of their status
BirthCertificate & Bio-Page of passport for proof relationship that shows your parents name
Lease, UtiliryBills, Bank Statement to show that they are currently in Canada.

Thanks,
Great! Thanks for the info :)

karthik1990

Apr 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013
I am attaching my sisters credit card statement and mortgage document. The mortgage document has my sister name and my brother in law name on it. Are these documents fine?

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
I am attaching my sisters credit card statement and mortgage document. The mortgage document has my sister name and my brother in law name on it. Are these documents fine?
You can include documents that shows your sibling are currently living in Canada. If they have mortgage documents then they should have any utility bll too such as hydro, internet or mobile bills.

Gurmeet_Kaur23

Jan 1, 2016
If she never finished the landing process then you shouldn't have claimed those points in the first place.

Edit: Actually, even if she did finish the landing process you shouldn't have claimed those points as she is not living in Canada.
Hi DelPiero,

Like in this case - what if his/her sis is living in canada and has got her COPR stamped , got her bank account opened but yes as she would have landed newly, so she would not be having PR card but yes would be having sin number.

Now, can her brother/sister still apply for siblings' marks?

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi DelPiero,

Like in this case - what if his/her sis is living in canada and has got her COPR stamped , got her bank account opened but yes as she would have landed newly, so she would not be having PR card but yes would be having sin number.

Absolutely, I had the same situation. My brother got his COPR stamped & I claimed sibling points. PR card to arrive will take 8 to 10 weeks so I have submitted my brother's signed COPR. My PR file is in process.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi DelPiero,

As stated above he/she can use the signed COPR.

techie07

Mar 15, 2018
Absolutely, I had the same situation. My brother got his COPR stamped & I claimed sibling points. PR card to arrive will take 8 to 10 weeks so I have submitted my brother's signed COPR. My PR file is in process.
Hello, I have seen your reply to this question.
My situation is also similar.

I am sitting @438 in the pool.

I have a query in which I think you may help :

My sister has got her PR and she is landing @toronto in May first week.
She would receive the SID number within a week, but it seems that getting the PR card would take approx 67 days after landing.

My query is that how soon would I be able to claim the 15 points for sibling in Canada - after getting her SID number or is it possible only after she receives the PR card??

Also if you have any official references to this or if your application is successfully approved, please let me know as it would clear the confusion.

Looking forward to hear from you soon !

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
Hello, I have seen your reply to this question.
My situation is also similar.

I am sitting @438 in the pool.

I have a query in which I think you may help :

My sister has got her PR and she is landing @toronto in May first week.
She would receive the SID number within a week, but it seems that getting the PR card would take approx 67 days after landing.

My query is that how soon would I be able to claim the 15 points for sibling in Canada - after getting her SID number or is it possible only after she receives the PR card??

Also if you have any official references to this or if your application is successfully approved, please let me know as it would clear the confusion.

As soon your sister done with her Landing & Singed COPR, She is officially PR and you're good to go to claim sibling points & update EE profile but keep in mind while claiming sibling points, your sibling brother/sister must be living in Canada. We cannot claim sibling points for those sibling who did soft landing & go back out of Canada. We have to provide sibling's living proof in Canada. You don't need to wait for her SIN number as it's not required for PR process.

I don't have any official reference to this but I am also among those people who submitted sibling's signed COPR instead of PR Card. My file is in Process but will keep you posted.

Hope this helps!

techie07

Mar 15, 2018
As soon your sister done with her Landing & Singed COPR, She is officially PR and you're good to go to claim sibling points & update EE profile but keep in mind while claiming sibling points, your sibling brother/sister must be living in Canada. We cannot claim sibling points for those sibling who did soft landing & go back out of Canada. We have to provide sibling's living proof in Canada. You don't need to wait for her SIN number as it's not required for PR process.

I don't have any official reference to this but I am also among those people who submitted sibling's signed COPR instead of PR Card. My file is in Process but will keep you posted.

Hope this helps!
Thanks for the quick reply.
Since your case is quite similar to mine I would want to contact you to discuss few other details and scenarios.
Could you email me your contact details at 89nkit@gmail.com

gpremdas

Feb 21, 2018
Hello,

A few people have asked this question before on this thread, but i don't see a reply yet. Can someone please answer.

I am claiming points for my brother who is a Canadian citizen. I have all his documents except his Birth certificate. For proof of relationship, can i show the last indian passport he held? This has our father's name. Basically, the question is will passport get accepted in the absence of birth certificate to prove our common parentage. I have my birth certificate, but my brother doesn't have his.

honeyk3g

Aug 10, 2017
HI Everyone

Need your assistance , I have my elder brother as Permanent Resident in canada.
Is his Passport is enough to show the relationship ??

He mentioned Surname in his Passport & I my Passport is without surname , Is this an Issue ??

Please