+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Points for Foreign work experience

prata01

Sep 24, 2014
Hello senior members,

I am currently residing in India, I have done masters in UK and got two years of professional work experience from there.

I am very curious about Express Entry, Can i get any points for this work experience(Foreign Work experience). Overall i have got more than 5 years of experience in IT including this experience.

I am planing to take IELTS on Jan 29th, hope will get an CLB 8 bands on each module.

Jkal

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE
IELTS Request
R9 L8 S7 W6.5
Passport Req..
20-04-2016
You will get points for
-- Your work experience in Canada
-- Your work experience in rest of the world (irrespective of if its UK or India.. its all the same and will fall under this category)

boske83

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prata01 said:
Hello senior members,

I am currently residing in India, I have done masters in UK and got two years of professional work experience from there.

I am very curious about Express Entry, Can i get any points for this work experience(Foreign Work experience). Overall i have got more than 5 years of experience in IT including this experience.

I am planing to take IELTS on Jan 29th, hope will get an CLB 8 bands on each module.
If you can prove your working experience as per CIC instructions, then you can claim points for it. Note that your experience needs to be in a skill areas and have to match your targeted NOC code, as well as your education credential (e.g. You cannot claim work experience from cook position if you are applying as Bachelor in software engineering under NOC 2173/2174 ).

Proman888

Dec 10, 2014
Does anyone know what is the cutoff mark, or passing score of Express entry ? it was 67 marks , now how many marks should we obtain to get a pass .. ? :)

boske83

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Proman888 said:
Does anyone know what is the cutoff mark, or passing score of Express entry ? it was 67 marks , now how many marks should we obtain to get a pass .. ? :)
there is no such thing, it depends on the EE pool structure. However, you need to be eligible in one of the programs - FSW, FST, CEC, PNP - in order to enter pool. For FSW case you have mentioned, it is 67 points mark just to enter the pool, and then you will be ranked among other candidates based on your CRS score. CIC will pick top N candidates in each draw, so your rank depends on other people points within the pool.

prata01

Sep 24, 2014
Hi Jkal...

Have you seen here in CRS – Skill transferability factors , they have mentioned both foreign work experience and Canadian work experience..
Does it mean, if any person having experience outside of india will be considered as a foreign work experience...

Would you please suggest on this.. :)

prata01

Sep 24, 2014
@boske83...

My point is is it possible to get any extra points for foreign work experience compared to points that i have got for work experience in india ..... :)

boske83

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prata01 said:
Hi Jkal...

Have you seen here in CRS – Skill transferability factors , they have mentioned both foreign work experience and Canadian work experience..
Does it mean, if any person having experience outside of india will be considered as a foreign work experience...

Would you please suggest on this.. :)
Both inside and outside of India is treated as foreign work experience, in case you can prove it under your NOC.
Canadian experience is only physically within Canada. You need the proof for this as well.

Extra points for foreign work experience you have mentioned are obtained in combination with language score - you need to have all 4 categories of language in CLB7+ for first bonus, and CLB9+ for the best bonus in skill transferability section.

Proman888

Dec 10, 2014
boske83 said:
there is no such thing, it depends on the EE pool structure. However, you need to be eligible in one of the programs - FSW, FST, CEC, PNP - in order to enter pool. For FSW case you have mentioned, it is 67 points mark just to enter the pool, and then you will be ranked among other candidates based on your CRS score. CIC will pick top N candidates in each draw, so your rank depends on other people points within the pool.
Are you sure about that, As I know they have a new scoring system. Now they offer maximum of 1200 points, but no details about minimum marks to pass it. you mean, that they still use the old system of 67/100 to pass to the pool and then re evaluate the individuals in the pool via the new system of 1200 points system ? please shed some light here .. following is the link to new scoring system w w w.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/criteria-crs.asp

boske83

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Proman888 said:
Are you sure about that, As I know they have a new scoring system. Now they offer maximum of 1200 points, but no details about minimum marks to pass it. you mean, that they still use the old system of 67/100 to pass to the pool and then re evaluate the individuals in the pool via the new system of 1200 points system ? please shed some light here .. following is the link to new scoring system w w w.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/criteria-crs.asp
I am positive about that... these are steps on how FSW program will work under EE system:
1. You fill in profile to determine if you are eligible for EE pool.
- this means you will answer questions where the system will calculate if you have at least 67/100 pts mark. Similar to current eligibility test.
2. If you are eligible, you fill in information about your education, english level and work experience. Same for your spouse, if any. Also job offer or pnp.
- based on this information system will calculate your CRS score (from the link you provided). That will be your pool score.
3. You are compared and ranked among ALL other candidates in pool. Note that they are all eligible to immigrate, same as you, and CRS score is just making difference between eligible candidates.
4. CIC schedule a draw on particular date, and announce draw rules (number of ITAS,and NOC, program, whatever they think is good criteria or even nothing - just plane number of drawn candidates)
5. ITAs are given to top N candidates based on draw criteria

Hope this helps you understand the EE system.

Proman888

Dec 10, 2014
boske83 said:
I am positive about that... these are steps on how FSW program will work under EE system:
1. You fill in profile to determine if you are eligible for EE pool.
- this means you will answer questions where the system will calculate if you have at least 67/100 pts mark. Similar to current eligibility test.
2. If you are eligible, you fill in information about your education, english level and work experience. Same for your spouse, if any. Also job offer or pnp.
- based on this information system will calculate your CRS score (from the link you provided). That will be your pool score.
3. You are compared and ranked among ALL other candidates in pool. Note that they are all eligible to immigrate, same as you, and CRS score is just making difference between eligible candidates.
4. CIC schedule a draw on particular date, and announce draw rules (number of ITAS,and NOC, program, whatever they think is good criteria or even nothing - just plane number of drawn candidates)
5. ITAs are given to top N candidates based on draw criteria

Hope this helps you understand the EE system.
Thank you very much for your prompt reply. and let me know how to give ratings for your profile.

boske83

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Proman888 said:
Thank you very much for your prompt reply. and let me know how to give ratings for your profile.
NP, glad to help - we are all companions in this process...
For rating - i think it is something with good/poor under the name, but not sure... don't bother with that if it is complex, i am not chasing ratings, but helping people with doubts they have, since i had the same ones not long ago. :)