+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POF for ITA under PNP

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
se7en said:
I second that and I was going to do exactly what you have suggested but don't you think it looks very artificial by transferring big monies from one account to another purely for PoF?
Then I thought to provide my PoF as accumulated funds by providing two separate bank letters, one from our joint with $10k and other from spouse account with $5k and explain to them that this our family funds that can be used to settle here in Canada despite the fact that we are already settled
in Canada while doing full time permanent jobs.
Either of those 2 ways would work. Support your POF with your job offer letters, T4s, pay stubs etc.

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

I got Nomination and I had to show POF for my ON Nomination.
So I showed the same 15k in my profile as well.
Now I am eligible under CEC,FSW and PNP.
I have few questions:

Can I edit my profile now to 0 fund?
I am moving to another location within 2 weeks. Should I update the profile now with the address (I know my new address) or change it after I moved? I will be getting ITA in next draw..
I want to delete some other information from my profile to reduce complication which won't affect the score Am I allow to do that?

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
jemdill said:
Hi guys,

I got Nomination and I had to show POF for my ON Nomination.
So I showed the same 15k in my profile as well.
Now I am eligible under CEC,FSW and PNP.
I have few questions:

Can I edit my profile now to 0 fund?
I am moving to another location within 2 weeks. Should I update the profile now with the address (I know my new address) or change it after I moved? I will be getting ITA in next draw..
I want to delete some other information from my profile to reduce complication which won't affect the score Am I allow to do that?
Congratulations on your nomination.
You pre-ITA profile is surely eligible for CEC, FSW and PNP but you do not know at this stage that CIC will issue you ITA for which class. You will know only and only once you get ITA and your ITA letter will explicitly tell you that your invited to apply for PR under CEC/FSW or PNP.
If it says you are invited under CEC then you are good without showing PoF but you have to show PoF is it is under FSW.
If it says under PNP then I welcome you to the club because CIC has shown no transparency to PoF for ITA under PNP. Now taking the PoF page on CIC website into consideration which clearly says that unless you are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada, or you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, you must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada. (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp), you can definitely change your funds to 0 which will completely knockout the placeholder for PoF but then it leaves you in doubts (just like me and some other folks here) and questioning yourself that whether I should provide PoF or not for PNP.

I guess you will be in problem if you change your province but no worries if you are moving from Ottawa to Toronto or any other place within Ontario.

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thank u for ur reply buddy.. :)
yeah i m moving to same city.. but what I am thinking.., should I change address before ITA or after ITA? I will be moving end of Aug and I will be getting ITA same time almost. So If we want to change the address after ITA- is that more difficult?

wonderwombat

Jun 25, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
se7en said:
Congratulations on your nomination.
You pre-ITA profile is surely eligible for CEC, FSW and PNP but you do not know at this stage that CIC will issue you ITA for which class. You will know only and only once you get ITA and your ITA letter will explicitly tell you that your invited to apply for PR under CEC/FSW or PNP.
If it says you are invited under CEC then you are good without showing PoF but you have to show PoF is it is under FSW.
If it says under PNP then I welcome you to the club because CIC has shown no transparency to PoF for ITA under PNP. Now taking the PoF page on CIC website into consideration which clearly says that unless you are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada, or you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, you must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada. (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp), you can definitely change your funds to 0 which will completely knockout the placeholder for PoF but then it leaves you in doubts (just like me and some other folks here) and questioning yourself that whether I should provide PoF or not for PNP.

I guess you will be in problem if you change your province but no worries if you are moving from Ottawa to Toronto or any other place within Ontario.
Not entirely true - if you accept the nomination, you will be invited under PNP - even if it still says you're eligible under CEC and FSW, you have been removed from those pools.

jemdill said:
thank u for ur reply buddy.. :)
yeah i m moving to same city.. but what I am thinking.., should I change address before ITA or after ITA? I will be moving end of Aug and I will be getting ITA same time almost. So If we want to change the address after ITA- is that more difficult?
It's just as easy to update it post-ITA than pre-ITA. It becomes a bit more complicated after you send your application, as you have to send a Case Specific Enquiry, but even then, it's nothing difficult - so I'd say just leave it, and update it when you move.

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wonderwombat said:
Not entirely true - if you accept the nomination, you will be invited under PNP - even if it still says you're eligible under CEC and FSW, you have been removed from those pools.

It's just as easy to update it post-ITA than pre-ITA. It becomes a bit more complicated after you send your application, as you have to send a Case Specific Enquiry, but even then, it's nothing difficult - so I'd say just leave it, and update it when you move.
hey buddy.. thank you.. :) What do u think about POF? Can I update it to 0?
Is there any problem if I edit any of my details which wont affect my Score?
I am sacred to touch my profile after i got Nomination; because I know they have lots of tech issues and god knows if it makes my profile ineligible.

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also @wonderwombat if you dont mind, can i get the Checklist of ur ITA?
Then I can prepare my documents. I think its almost same as Oinp except PCC and Medical right?

Also did you get your Nomination letter by mail from Ontario? How long did it take ; because I am moving and I want to confirm I will get it before I move...

wonderwombat

Jun 25, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jemdill said:
hey buddy.. thank you.. :) What do u think about POF? Can I update it to 0?
Is there any problem if I edit any of my details which wont affect my Score?
I am sacred to touch my profile after i got Nomination; because I know they have lots of tech issues and god knows if it makes my profile ineligible.
Honestly, I don't know what to tell you. I would say no, specially if you do have the 15k - if you showed Ontario that you had 15k, and then by the time you get your ITA, you're not showing anything, it might look weird? I don't know.

If it doesn't change your score, go ahead and change anything you need to change - as long as you don't make shit up, that is :p
If it makes you feel better, I didn't have any issues while submitting my application or filling the forms.

jemdill said:
Also @ wonderwombat if you dont mind, can i get the Checklist of ur ITA?
Then I can prepare my documents. I think its almost same as Oinp except PCC and Medical right?

Also did you get your Nomination letter by mail from Ontario? How long did it take ; because I am moving and I want to confirm I will get it before I move...
Just the classics - copies of ID/passport documents, proof of funds, proof of medical, experience letters from past employers, police clearances, .. I think that's it. And a slot for your Letter of Explanation. Later on you will have to upload or send them a Schedule 4 and possibly a copy of your nomination as well. I added it to my Letter of Explanation, but I wouldn't be surprised if they still ask me to send it to them again. So yeah, what you said ^^ They also ask you to fill forms with your addresses, your personal history and your travels over the past 10 years. I know it took a while for me to get it done, so if you want to start working on your application, this is something that you can do!

I did get it by mail, not too sure how long it took as I was away on holidays, sorry :/

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wonderwombat said:
Honestly, I don't know what to tell you. I would say no, specially if you do have the 15k - if you showed Ontario that you had 15k, and then by the time you get your ITA, you're not showing anything, it might look weird? I don't know.

If it doesn't change your score, go ahead and change anything you need to change - as long as you don't make *censored word* up, that is :p
If it makes you feel better, I didn't have any issues while submitting my application or filling the forms.

Just the classics - copies of ID/passport documents, proof of funds, proof of medical, experience letters from past employers, police clearances, .. I think that's it. And a slot for your Letter of Explanation. Later on you will have to upload or send them a Schedule 4 and possibly a copy of your nomination as well. I added it to my Letter of Explanation, but I wouldn't be surprised if they still ask me to send it to them again. So yeah, what you said ^^ They also ask you to fill forms with your addresses, your personal history and your travels over the past 10 years. I know it took a while for me to get it done, so if you want to start working on your application, this is something that you can do!

I did get it by mail, not too sure how long it took as I was away on holidays, sorry :/

That was a great help buddy.. :)
yeah i was thinking the same.. If i showed POF to ON and changed it after I got ITA- yeah it looks weird then.
I will keep it like that...
Thank you so much for your response buddy..
All the very best with ur process

rhonny20

Jul 12, 2012
IF you got ITA UNDER PNP..CIC will access ur case in following order:

1.CEC
2.fstp
3. FSWP

If u meet all the conditions under CEC, your application will be processed under CEC. Otherwise , other two categories will be followed.
Source : CIC.GC.CA

karen12

Jun 16, 2015
Oh Man this POF thing is getting so stressful.
My questions to everybody...
If you got ITA under PNP do you still need to show POF or no??
I was eligible for CEC and FSW too... so Still need to provide POF or no??

Thanks guys!

rhonny20

Jul 12, 2012
I dont think so ..because you are meeting CEC and they will process ur file through CEC (even after ITA UNDER PNP) for sure and no funds are needed for CEC.

karen12

Jun 16, 2015
rhonny20 said:
I dont think so ..because you are meeting CEC and they will process ur file through CEC (even after ITA UNDER PNP) for sure and no funds are needed for CEC.
Thank you Rhonny
But just curious to know about PNP?? Do you know anything??