Med's Done....
21-04-2015
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
saw one post by CIC on twitter. Does this mean CEC guys also have to provide POF if they do not have valid job offer? I have set fund available to zero in my profile. It still says I am eligible for CEC.

Any thoughts?

https://mobile.twitter.com/CitImmCanada/status/594200035467886593

UoW111

Aug 19, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pk_2015 said:
saw one post by CIC on twitter. Does this mean CEC guys also have to provide POF if they do not have valid job offer? I have set fund available to zero in my profile. It still says I am eligible for CEC.

Any thoughts?

https://mobile.twitter.com/CitImmCanada/status/594200035467886593
The only situation one doesn't need to provide proof of funds is when he/she is working in Canada with valid LMIA.

Link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

doobie.doobie

Apr 4, 2015
UoW111 said:
The only situation one doesn't need to provide proof of funds is when he/she is working in Canada with valid LMIA.

Link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp
For CEC applicants, no pof is required.
The pof is required only in case for FSW, and it can also be waived if you have filed your application under FSW and you have a valid job offer.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
doobie.doobie said:
For CEC applicants, no pof is required.
The pof is required only in case for FSW, and it can also be waived if you have filed your application under FSW and you have a valid job offer.
Either the tweeter is wrong, or they are changing that. That is, no PoF is required for CEC - but the tweet indicates that PoF IS required for EE eligibility. It doesn't matter if you meet CEC criteria, if you don't meet EE requirements.

doobie.doobie

Apr 4, 2015
dobes said:
Either the tweeter is wrong, or they are changing that. That is, no PoF is required for CEC - but the tweet indicates that PoF IS required for EE eligibility. It doesn't matter if you meet CEC criteria, if you don't meet EE requirements.
I just checked on the CIC website.
There is no such change.
I guess the twitter is talking generally about EE and that's mostly FSW.
Btw even if you are working in Canada, under pgwp with no lmia job, you still don't have to show pof if you were invited under FSW.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
doobie.doobie said:
Btw even if you are working in Canada, under pgwp with no lmia job, you still don't have to show pof if you were invited under FSW.
How do you know that? CIC said the same thing to me on the phone, but I don't know if I should trust it.

doobie.doobie

Apr 4, 2015
dobes said:
How do you know that? CIC said the same thing to me on the phone, but I don't know if I should trust it.
My friend did this. He has already recieved his e-AoR and waiting for background to be done.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
doobie.doobie said:
My friend did this. He has already recieved his e-AoR and waiting for background to be done.
Super! And he WASN'T able to show the required funds in the bank - just a salary and T4, NoA, etc? I'm SO happy to hear that! I had enough funds - barely - to show on my application, in addition to my salary, T4, and NoA, but then I immediately used more than $2000 to pay CIC and have been nervous ever since....

So he DIDN'T have the required funds in the bank as well?

terulinkarezinka

Apr 13, 2015
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dobes said:
Super! And he WASN'T able to show the required funds in the bank - just a salary and T4, NoA, etc? I'm SO happy to hear that! I had enough funds - barely - to show on my application, in addition to my salary, T4, and NoA, but then I immediately used more than $2000 to pay CIC and have been nervous ever since....

Our immigration consultant said we don't need any POF once we are already in Canada and you have a job offer.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
terulinkarezinka said:
Our immigration consultant said we don't need any POF once we are already in Canada and you have a job offer.
But usually they are talking about a job offer supported by LMIA. Many of us are working in Canada on open work permits, for which we don't get EE points, and which CIC has, up to now, not recognized as a way to show PoF.

pk_2015

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2015
AOR Received.
14-07-2015
Med's Done....
21-04-2015
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
If they are making fund mandatory for express entry, regardless of program, then they should make change in the system. I have 0 for funds and profile shows eligible for CEC.

doobie.doobie

Apr 4, 2015
dobes said:

So this is how he did it.
He first created his profile, and showed his Canadian experience for 1 year in NOC B category and foreign experience as well. Funds he showed was $12,000. Then he recieved his ITA. He then modified his funds to $0 and that's it. He had send his first 2-3 and last 3 pay stubs, verification letter from the employer confirming his employement, his t4 and NOA. When I asked him, why did he changed it later, he said well his other friends also did it so he too followed the same procedure. Now he is waiting for his background check to be done and then passport request.

katja2684

Jan 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm really curious if your friend will get the PR. Did he get the ITA under CEC?
The CIC tweet says that POF is mandatory for EE regardless of the program requirements (ie FSW or CEC).
This is an interesting statement for CEC since FSW requires POF anyway.

doobie.doobie

Apr 4, 2015
katja2684 said:
I'm really curious if your friend will get the PR. Did he get the ITA under CEC?
The CIC tweet says that POF is mandatory for EE regardless of the program requirements (ie FSW or CEC).
This is an interesting statement for CEC since FSW requires POF anyway.
As of now everything looks fine. He got ITA under FSW.
I am not sure about the tweet yet. There is no such update regarding pof in CEC on CIC's website.
So, I will go by what CIC's website says.
CEC, since its existence has always been the same. No pof and FSW has always been with the pof.
But I don't see the rationality behind showing pof if you are in Canada and have a job.
P.S. My friend wouldn't had recieved e-AOR, if it would not have been the case.

katja2684

Jan 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If he didn't put $12 000 in his EE profile, he wouldn't have qualified for FSW....anyway, keep us posted pls.