+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP Work Permit Extension

ottowong

Apr 1, 2023
Hello,

I am a PEI PNP (non express entry). I already got the nomination and in the progress of PR application. Now, I need to extend my Work Permit to stay in Canada for the business running. I also got the Work Permit Support letter from the Province already. So, anyone can have step by step information on how to work out the permit extension by myself, instead of paying for an agent representative again? It is really NOT as easy as filling out a few forms! Thanks.

I also tried to fill in the Work Permit extension form (imm5710e) by myself. In the field "Type of Work Permit", which one should I choose? I am holding a Closed Work Permit, which I expect to extend it for another 2 years.

Type of Work Permit have options as below:
Co-op Work Permit
Exemption from Labour Market Impact Assessment
Labour Market Impact Assessment stream
Live-in Caregiver Program

Open Work Permit
Open Work Permit for Vulnerable Workers
Other
Post Graduation Work Permit
Start-up Business Class
* I crossed out few options that they must be wrong.

Thanks.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Hello,

I am a PEI PNP (non express entry). I already got the nomination and in the progress of PR application. Now, I need to extend my Work Permit to stay in Canada for the business running. I also got the Work Permit Support letter from the Province already. So, anyone can have step by step information on how to work out the permit extension by myself, instead of paying for an agent representative again? It is really NOT as easy as filling out a few forms! Thanks.

I also tried to fill in the Work Permit extension form (imm5710e) by myself. In the field "Type of Work Permit", which one should I choose? I am holding a Closed Work Permit, which I expect to extend it for another 2 years.

Type of Work Permit have options as below:
Co-op Work Permit
Exemption from Labour Market Impact Assessment
Labour Market Impact Assessment stream
Live-in Caregiver Program

Open Work Permit
Open Work Permit for Vulnerable Workers
Other
Post Graduation Work Permit
Start-up Business Class
* I crossed out few options that they must be wrong.

Thanks.
I won't give you step-by-step instructions as you're not paying me anything, so I'll give you a hint. You're exempt form an LMIA due to your WPSL. And really, it's as easy as filling out a few forms - most of the info is the same as your PR application. Make sure you attach your WPSL, your nomination certificate and sufficient credible evidence that you're qualified to the job on which your work permit will be based.

ottowong

Apr 1, 2023
I won't give you step-by-step instructions as you're not paying me anything, so I'll give you a hint. You're exempt form an LMIA due to your WPSL. And really, it's as easy as filling out a few forms - most of the info is the same as your PR application. Make sure you attach your WPSL, your nomination certificate and sufficient credible evidence that you're qualified to the job on which your work permit will be based.
Yes, I do agree it should be "Exemption from Labour Market Impact Assessment". However, when I select this type, the checking will ask for the LMIA Exempt No. In the WPSL, there is such a code, but it failed to pass the format validation. In other words, this code is required to get from somewhere else. Is it from Employer Portal or where?

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Yes, I do agree it should be "Exemption from Labour Market Impact Assessment". However, when I select this type, the checking will ask for the LMIA Exempt No. In the WPSL, there is such a code, but it failed to pass the format validation. In other words, this code is required to get from somewhere else. Is it from Employer Portal or where?
That's because your employer needs to pay the employer compliance fee and supply you with the code.

Reactions: ottowong

balwinder_kaur

Star Member
May 2, 2018
I received Nova Scotia PNP confirmation of Nomination. My work permit is expiring soon. How can I apply for it? will it be an Open work permit or closed?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I received Nova Scotia PNP confirmation of Nomination. My work permit is expiring soon. How can I apply for it? will it be an Open work permit or closed?
You need to apply for closed work permit with help of WPSL from Province and with help of your employer. Employer have to submit job offer in employer portal and you should include that in your work permit application. However if you have applied for PR and have AOR you can apply for BOWP.

Reactions: balwinder_kaur