+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP with an inadmissible spouse

Miledarome

Dec 31, 2022
Hello hope to get some insight here
I little background, my spouse was removed last year August after failed refugee claim, we had PR application processing, but I was found not eligible as per the GCMS notes, we already applied ARC for him but still waiting coz it takes a long time to process.
I have an open work permit, from the TR to PR pathway (bridging work permit) it expires next year June.
I now have a job full time Regular as a RN and I can apply for PNP.I have all the required documents to start but am not sure if am even eligible to apply for PNP with my spouse history.
Can I apply for PNP, any insights?
TIA

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello hope to get some insight here
I little background, my spouse was removed last year August after failed refugee claim, we had PR application processing, but I was found not eligible as per the GCMS notes, we already applied ARC for him but still waiting coz it takes a long time to process.
I have an open work permit, from the TR to PR pathway (bridging work permit) it expires next year June.
I now have a job full time Regular as a RN and I can apply for PNP.I have all the required documents to start but am not sure if am even eligible to apply for PNP with my spouse history.
Can I apply for PNP, any insights?
TIA
You are not eligible for any immigration programs if your spouse is inadmissible. Once he is admissable, then you are eligible. If you have a PR application underway (TR to PR) then why are you applying for a PNP program to apply again for PR?

Reactions: Miledarome

Miledarome

Dec 31, 2022
You are not eligible for any immigration programs if your spouse is inadmissible. Once he is admissable, then you are eligible. If you have a PR application underway (TR to PR) then why are you applying for a PNP program to apply again for PR?
Yes, my work permit will expire in 8months I need something to continue staying here.I am not sure If I can extend my work permit again

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes, my work permit will expire in 8months I need something to continue staying here.I am not sure If I can extend my work permit again
I don’t what work permit you are on now but if BOWP because you applied for PR then you probably cannot extend because your PR application is likely to be refused. You need a LMIA from your employer to apply for a closed work permit.

Miledarome

Dec 31, 2022
And ARC applications takes long to process its been a year and still haven't gotten any updates,
Anyway what are my options?

Miledarome

Dec 31, 2022
I don’t what work permit you are on now but if BOWP because you applied for PR then you probably cannot extend because your PR application is likely to be refused. You need a LMIA from your employer to apply for a closed work permit.
Yes am on BOWP for TR to PR