+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP via Alberta Opportunity stream - Spousal Open Work permit

akshuu_canada

Mar 10, 2024
Hi,
I am on a closed work permit with my employer based out of Ontario. My job was a intra company tranfer and hence LMIA exempt.
My spouse has an open work permit and she has been employed with an Alberta based employer working for the last 1 year (not an LMIA approved job). She qualifies in TEER 2 category.

My question is:
1. Does my wife's open work permit (tied to my closed LMIA exempt work permit) qualifies as eligible according to https://www.alberta.ca/aaip-alberta-opportunity-stream-eligibility#:~:text=Overview-,Residency%2C%20work%20permit%20requirements,-Occupation%20requirements
2. Can we apply in EE & the Alberta opportunity stream (when it opens up again) from my wife's profile - using her experience and job letter.? or will it has to be my EE profile that should be the primary?

Thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
I am on a closed work permit with my employer based out of Ontario. My job was a intra company tranfer and hence LMIA exempt.
My spouse has an open work permit and she has been employed with an Alberta based employer working for the last 1 year (not an LMIA approved job). She qualifies in TEER 2 category.

My question is:
1. Does my wife's open work permit (tied to my closed LMIA exempt work permit) qualifies as eligible according to https://www.alberta.ca/aaip-alberta-opportunity-stream-eligibility#:~:text=Overview-,Residency%2C%20work%20permit%20requirements,-Occupation%20requirements
2. Can we apply in EE & the Alberta opportunity stream (when it opens up again) from my wife's profile - using her experience and job letter.? or will it has to be my EE profile that should be the primary?

Thanks in advance.
She does not qualify under this program.