+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP rejection.

Swarathesh60

Mar 7, 2023
Hi ,

I have applied for PNP ( masters stream) on march, and got invite to apply on June, but I got notice saying Your application was received on june Therefore, it appears you may not meet the above- specified program criterion as your degree was dated more than two years before the date of making the application.

I have replied back with a letter explaining that to consider the day the I have applied for PNP which is March. Which is within 2 year criteria.

Did anyone faced similar issue ? If so what are my chances of getting PNP.

I really appreciate any suggestions and help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi ,

I have applied for PNP ( masters stream) on march, and got invite to apply on June, but I got notice saying Your application was received on june Therefore, it appears you may not meet the above- specified program criterion as your degree was dated more than two years before the date of making the application.

I have replied back with a letter explaining that to consider the day the I have applied for PNP which is March. Which is within 2 year criteria.

To the best of my knowledge, the lock in date for this is the day you submit your application after receiving the nomination, which would be the June date. Wait for others to respond.

Reactions: Swarathesh60

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What did you apply for in March? Was it an Expression of Interest? Anyways, it is is the day you submit your application.

9. Application period
You must submit your application within two years of completing the requirements necessary to obtain your masters degree.

This means that the date on your degree must be within two years of your OINP application submission date, not the date you received the invitation to apply. For example, if your degree is dated June 1, 2019, you must apply to this stream on or before June 1, 2021.

If you don’t have your degree yet, use the date on the official letter from your university which states when your degree will be granted.

OINP Masters Graduate stream | ontario.ca

Swarathesh60

Mar 7, 2023
What did you apply for in March? Was it an Expression of Interest? Anyways, it is is the day you submit your application.

9. Application period
You must submit your application within two years of completing the requirements necessary to obtain your masters degree.

This means that the date on your degree must be within two years of your OINP application submission date, not the date you received the invitation to apply. For example, if your degree is dated June 1, 2019, you must apply to this stream on or before June 1, 2021.

If you don’t have your degree yet, use the date on the official letter from your university which states when your degree will be granted.

OINP Masters Graduate stream | ontario.ca
Hi I have received my degree on may 11, but if I request them to consider the EOI date what are the chances that they will consider?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi I have received my degree on may 11, but if I request them to consider the EOI date what are the chances that they will consider?
I personally don't think there is any chance they will consider this. The rules are very specific. The lock in date is the date you submit your complete application after EOI.

Of course you can certainly try.

Swarathesh60

Mar 7, 2023
I personally don't think there is any chance they will consider this. The rules are very specific. The lock in date is the date you submit your complete application after EOI.

Of course you can certainly try.
They should have clearly mentioned it in the rules, anyways I will keep you folks updated.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Can’t say your chances as that would be going against their stated rules which are clearly stated on the OINP site. Not sure how you think that the rules are not clear. You knew the 2 year rule and if you kept reading the paragraph it says that EOI is not the lock in date.

Jan 17, 2024
Hi ,

Did you get any response from OINP regarding your issue?

Jan 17, 2024
OP hasn’t been on since last March. What is your situation?
Hi I did not get your point. My situtation is My studied finish in Jan 2020. I have 5.5 bands and have 3 years canadian experience in as web developer. I missed criteria "Canadian degree should not older than 2 years" and I applied in OINP international student stream in May 2023 and today I got message from OINP and says "your application is intent to reject" and they need me to reply back with correct documents. What should do in this situation? IS there any hope?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi I did not get your point. My situtation is My studied finish in Jan 2020. I have 5.5 bands and have 3 years canadian experience in as web developer. I missed criteria "Canadian degree should not older than 2 years" and I applied in OINP international student stream in May 2023 and today I got message from OINP and says "your application is intent to reject" and they need me to reply back with correct documents. What should do in this situation? IS there any hope?
You asked a question of the OP, and the OP has not been on this forum since March. Your OINP application will be rejected as you didn’t meet requirements, and they are clearly outlined. To meet requirements, you needed to have graduated before May 2021. Your last date to apply was January 2022. Can you be eligible under OINP foreign worker stream.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Unfortunately you're guaranteed to be refused.

I would request to withdraw your application and then find a different program to apply under where you meet the program requirements.

Good luck.