+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP Program

KBald

Dec 6, 2020
My wife and I are gathering documents for our sponsorship, including the permanent residency application package. Can we apply under a general application, or do we have to apply under the Provincial Nomination Program? If so, that seems like it will add a lot more time to our application process. Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My wife and I are gathering documents for our sponsorship, including the permanent residency application package. Can we apply under a general application, or do we have to apply under the Provincial Nomination Program? If so, that seems like it will add a lot more time to our application process. Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks!
Who is sponsoring you? Have your received an ITA or nomination from a province since you say you are applying for PR?

KBald

Dec 6, 2020
Who is sponsoring you? Have your received an ITA or nomination from a province since you say you are applying for PR?
I am sponsoring my wife. No, we have not done that yet. I'm wondering if we have to apply under that program, or if the sponsorship covers the PR application?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am sponsoring my wife. No, we have not done that yet. I'm wondering if we have to apply under that program, or if the sponsorship covers the PR application?
So you have PR and are sponsoring your wife? Sponsorship is only possible once you have PR. Not sure what you are asking. If you mean accompanying you then you include her in the application as accompanying or not accompanying. Points will go up or down when you select accompanying or not accompanying. If accompanying your points may go up with her IELTS and ECA.

KBald

Dec 6, 2020
So you have PR and are sponsoring your wife? Sponsorship is only possible once you have PR. Not sure what you are asking. If you mean accompanying you then you include her in the application as accompanying or not accompanying. Points will go up or down when you select accompanying or not accompanying. If accompanying your points may go up with her IELTS and ECA.
No, I'm a Canadian citizen. Sorry, I should have said her sponsorship.

On the Canada Immigration website it says we apply to sponsor her and she applies for PR at the same time. I'm asking if the PR application is covered under the Family sponsorship package, or does she have to apply for PR with a separate package? Whenever I try to find another PR package, the only applicable thing that comes up is the PNP program.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

On the Canada Immigration website it says we apply to sponsor her and she applies for PR at the same time. I'm asking if the PR application is covered under the Family sponsorship package, or does she have to apply for PR with a separate package? Whenever I try to find another PR package, the only applicable thing that comes up is the PNP program.
Everything should be as one.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012

so you just sponsor your spouse. Either inland (if she is with you in Canada) or outland (if she is outside of Canada)