+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PROCESS TIME IN ABU DHABI OFFICE

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my advice for all who got visa, don't quit your job, go landing and see the place.

Then you can get job while your in Dubai/ GCC, Skype or phone interviews :)

kkhurram1

Star Member
Mar 10, 2013
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2012
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013
Nomination.....
Aug 2012
AOR Received.
Feb 2013
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
Feb 2013
Med's Request
18 Aug 2013
Med's Done....
1st Sept 2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
27-Feb-2014
VISA ISSUED...
19-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
26-Mar-2014
kkhurram1 said:
Dear Zig321,

Congratulations. Its great that all the friends have got their PR. Now next step is landing in Canada. Who is going first? I am planning to leave day after tomorrow though I have not bought tickets yet.

I was planning to take KLM from Dubai to Amsterdam and to Toronto but yesterday when I went to SNTTA(ticketing agent) they told me I need an Airport transit visa if I wana transit through Holland.

Called holland embassy today and they told me right person who can provide this info is not available. Any one of you have any idea if I need a transit visa if I am transiting Holland or France?

Regards
Khurram
Just got confirmation from Holland embassy that Pakistani Nationals need airport transit visa if they are transiting any of Schengen countries.

Regards
Khurram

kkhurram1

Star Member
Mar 10, 2013
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2012
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013
Nomination.....
Aug 2012
AOR Received.
Feb 2013
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
Feb 2013
Med's Request
18 Aug 2013
Med's Done....
1st Sept 2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
27-Feb-2014
VISA ISSUED...
19-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
26-Mar-2014
lemans207 said:
my advice for all who got visa, don't quit your job, go landing and see the place.

Totally Agreed with Lawrence. But for phone interviews which no can be used? I remember Shamsi gave some options for VOIP phone numbers.

As we are going for landing, can anyone suggest what should be our steps to secure interviews?

Regards
Khurram

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kkhurram1 said:
Totally Agreed with Lawrence. But for phone interviews which no can be used? I remember Shamsi gave some options for VOIP phone numbers.

As we are going for landing, can anyone suggest what should be our steps to secure interviews?

Regards
Khurram
it depends on your profession, but uae experience it recognized. high competition. low salaries and high taxes and expenses,
nothing new for us as we all know about if before we applied.

but what about small business ;) ?
so landing and coming back will be good to earn more $$$$$ for small investment.

what others suggest?

kkhurram1

Star Member
Mar 10, 2013
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2012
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013
Nomination.....
Aug 2012
AOR Received.
Feb 2013
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
Feb 2013
Med's Request
18 Aug 2013
Med's Done....
1st Sept 2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
27-Feb-2014
VISA ISSUED...
19-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
26-Mar-2014
lemans207 said:
it depends on your profession, but uae experience it recognized. high competition. low salaries and high taxes and expenses,
nothing new for us as we all know about if before we applied.

but what about small business ;) ?
so landing and coming back will be good to earn more $$$$$ for small investment.

what others suggest?
Hummm...this is not a bad idea. What type of business you are looking for? I am going there so may be I can do some R&D on this.

Regards
Khurram

lawrence2007

Jun 27, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Nov-2012
Nomination.....
15-Oct-2012
AOR Received.
15-Jan-2013
File Transfer...
15-Jun-2013
Med's Request
15-Jul-2013
Med's Done....
15-Sep-2013
Passport Req..
10-Mar-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
29-Jul-2014
kkhurram1 said:
Just got confirmation from Holland embassy that Pakistani Nationals need airport transit visa if they are transiting any of Schengen countries.

Regards
Khurram
OK, so you will need an airport transit visa to take a connection in Schengen area because Schengen countries only allow visa free transit to PR card holder. While we as Immigrant visa holders will have to get an airport transit.

Transiting through the US is also based on a transit visa.

Transiting London is more convenient as you can do an airside transit based on your immigrant visa.

Transit through Turkey is the only visa-free option if you are short of time and cant wait/or don’t want to pay for transit visas. I am not sure of the service quality of Turkish airline.

lawrence2007

Jun 27, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Nov-2012
Nomination.....
15-Oct-2012
AOR Received.
15-Jan-2013
File Transfer...
15-Jun-2013
Med's Request
15-Jul-2013
Med's Done....
15-Sep-2013
Passport Req..
10-Mar-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
29-Jul-2014
aashamsi said:
Congratulation. What is your plan for landing.
I am planning to do the landing some time in July or August. I just want to go there, utilize my immigrant visa before it expires, see the place and do the formalities of PR card/SIN card/bank account/driving license etc and then come back.
I have no plans to quit my job presently as it’s a very risky option and I am not yet mentally prepared to take this leap of faith.

tarekh

Star Member
Aug 25, 2011
kkhurram1 said:

Regards
Khurram
Contact recruiters and companies in your career and take appointments before travelling to save time there

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lawrence2007 said:
OK, so you will need an airport transit visa to take a connection in Schengen area because Schengen countries only allow visa free transit to PR card holder. While we as Immigrant visa holders will have to get an airport transit.

Transiting through the US is also based on a transit visa.

Transiting London is more convenient as you can do an airside transit based on your immigrant visa.

Transit through Turkey is the only visa-free option if you are short of time and cant wait/or don't want to pay for transit visas. I am not sure of the service quality of Turkish airline.
transit UK
if you have visa to Canada, call british embassy they give you 48 hours, its not required, but make sure

so easy, mentioned on their webpage

Transiting without a visa

You might be eligible for the ‘transit without visa concession’ if:
##you arrive and depart by air
##have a confirmed onward flight which leaves within 24 hours
##have the right documents for your destination (eg a visa for that country)

One of the following must also apply:
##you’re travelling to Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA and have a valid visa for that country

there is something 48 hours, check it more, I am busy in office :p

aashamsi

Jan 9, 2013
Canada
Hi,

It’s good that most of us are getting PPR request and getting closer to land in Canada.

I read recent posts and thought to give some knowledge to others.

If have intention to settle in Canada, then I will recommend to come to Canada as earliest (sooner rather than later), because world conditions are changing and rules are changing quite often.

Everyone has to gone through settlement challenges (approximately 3 to 6 months), it can be minimized but can’t be eliminated completely, and therefore they have set condition of enough funds (upon landing). Don’t worry government have introduced many programs to assist newcomers and every programme is worth full and most of them are free.

In Canada mostly fiscal years starts from April, therefore at the moment lots of job opportunities, this is best time to get better jobs from April to Jun/May, and in this period as such no long vacations and weather is good, so people are in full swing. however I am not saying that only this is season for jobs, I have seen few cases where people get job in December (holiday season or off-peak), but only concern is that during off-peak season opportunities are less so less chances of getting jobs (until you have solid reference etc.).

In Canada you can’t compare the salaries of Middle East, in Middle East no taxes and you can save as much you want. I came from UAE, so I have experienced this change or challenge. In general people usually save money for living, family, health or educations etc. In Canada they have modelled the economy in such a way that, no one is rich or poor. Health and Educations are free, so everyone is getting same level of facilities; everyone is having same level of living. Due to this model you can’t save money :). If you earn more then you will be paid out in more taxes, if you earn less then government will support you…. In short primary criteria shouldn’t be monies; however other factors (organization, role, growth, benefits etc) are important.

It’s not bad idea to start some business, but of course not easy and before that you should learn about market, culture, rules etc, which can easily take few months.

I know it will be tough to read this post, may be sounds stupid and difficult to absorb, but once you come down here then realized these challenges.

Well I am already in Canada, if need any assistance (wherever under my control), I will definitely do it.

BEST OF LUCK !!!!!!

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aashamsi said:
Hi,

I know it will be tough to read this post, may be sounds stupid and difficult to absorb, but once you come down here then realized these challenges.

Well I am already in Canada, if need any assistance (wherever under my control), I will definitely do it.

BEST OF LUCK !!!!!!
we are thinking same as you :D thanks for the reply.

kelotz

Feb 1, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2012
Doc's Request.
11-10-2012
Nomination.....
15-11-2012
AOR Received.
26-03-2013
Med's Request
07-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-05-2013
Passport Req..
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
LANDED..........
23-11-2013
lemans207 said:

nice one ;D

kkhurram1

Star Member
Mar 10, 2013
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2012
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013
Nomination.....
Aug 2012
AOR Received.
Feb 2013
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
Feb 2013
Med's Request
18 Aug 2013
Med's Done....
1st Sept 2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
27-Feb-2014
VISA ISSUED...
19-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
26-Mar-2014
aashamsi said:
Hi,

It's good that most of us are getting PPR request and getting closer to land in Canada.

I read recent posts and thought to give some knowledge to others.

If have intention to settle in Canada, then I will recommend to come to Canada as earliest (sooner rather than later), because world conditions are changing and rules are changing quite often.

Everyone has to gone through settlement challenges (approximately 3 to 6 months), it can be minimized but can't be eliminated completely, and therefore they have set condition of enough funds (upon landing). Don't worry government have introduced many programs to assist newcomers and every programme is worth full and most of them are free.

In Canada mostly fiscal years starts from April, therefore at the moment lots of job opportunities, this is best time to get better jobs from April to Jun/May, and in this period as such no long vacations and weather is good, so people are in full swing. however I am not saying that only this is season for jobs, I have seen few cases where people get job in December (holiday season or off-peak), but only concern is that during off-peak season opportunities are less so less chances of getting jobs (until you have solid reference etc.).

In Canada you can't compare the salaries of Middle East, in Middle East no taxes and you can save as much you want. I came from UAE, so I have experienced this change or challenge. In general people usually save money for living, family, health or educations etc. In Canada they have modelled the economy in such a way that, no one is rich or poor. Health and Educations are free, so everyone is getting same level of facilities; everyone is having same level of living. Due to this model you can't save money :). If you earn more then you will be paid out in more taxes, if you earn less then government will support you.... In short primary criteria shouldn't be monies; however other factors (organization, role, growth, benefits etc) are important.

It's not bad idea to start some business, but of course not easy and before that you should learn about market, culture, rules etc, which can easily take few months.

BEST OF LUCK !!!!!!
Thanks Shamsi for sharing your thoughts and guidance to new comers.