+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR - September - October - November 2018 Applicants>>>Lets Connect here

Gaz2153

Dec 29, 2018
Hi Folks, I have no updates, just keep an eye on this info I got from IRCC. My understanding is that we have just receipt this confirmation but not AOR. It seems that it could take weeks to get AOR according to other applicants experience.

Electronic receipt of the application for permanent residence letter

An electronic receipt of the application for permanent residence letter is automatically issued to an applicant (or their representative, if applicable) on receipt of their electronic application for permanent residence. This letter is sent to the applicant through their MyCIC account. This letter cannot be used to support a bridging open work permit and it should not be confused with the acknowledgment of receipt (R10 passed) letter.
Thanks for the info, it does say 'electronic application' though - what if you applied via paper?

Perso

Jul 28, 2018
Thanks for the info, it does say 'electronic application' though - what if you applied via paper?
In fact, it does not mention a difference, just both concepts Electronic confirmation receipt and then AOR. In addition, there is a definition as well on IRCC site.

Acknowledgment of receipt (R10 passed) letter

An acknowledgment of receipt (R10 passed) letter is issued to an applicant (or their representative, if applicable) once their application for permanent residence has passed the R10 completeness check. The letter is issued by the Centralized Intake Office. If the application was submitted electronically, this letter is sent to the applicant (or their representative, if applicable) via their MyCIC account; otherwise, the letter is sent by mail. This letter should not be confused with the electronic receipt of the application for permanent residence letter. This is the official acknowledgment of receipt letter and it may be used to support a bridging open work permit if all other requirements are met.

Perso

Jul 28, 2018
My guess is that they might send the whole package back because according to them if anything doesn't meet their requirement, they'll return the application
Usually, that is what they do. For any single missing thing, even like a signature, or if your docs are not in the right order according to their checklist, they will return your package :( I hope this is not your situation with your pics.

adenho

Star Member
May 29, 2018
In fact, it does not mention a difference, just both concepts Electronic confirmation receipt and then AOR. In addition, there is a definition as well on IRCC site.

An acknowledgment of receipt (R10 passed) letter is issued to an applicant (or their representative, if applicable) once their application for permanent residence has passed the R10 completeness check. The letter is issued by the Centralized Intake Office. If the application was submitted electronically, this letter is sent to the applicant (or their representative, if applicable) via their MyCIC account; otherwise, the letter is sent by mail. This letter should not be confused with the electronic receipt of the application for permanent residence letter. This is the official acknowledgment of receipt letter and it may be used to support a bridging open work permit if all other requirements are met.

Based on what you said here, is there anyone applied for pr by mail and received their AOR letter by mail. I received an email on January 31, so its almost a month now and I have not received any letter from IRCC.

adenho

Star Member
May 29, 2018

Hi,

Could you please attach the link which saying the above? I would like to verify that with IRCC. Thank you!

Tsb

Feb 5, 2019
Update
PR app mailed October 27, 2018
PR app received by CIO October 30, 2018
AOR February 8, 2019
RCMP certificate request February 25, 2019
Pre-arrival letter February 26, 2019

Gaz2153

Dec 29, 2018
Hi,

Could you please attach the link which saying the above? I would like to verify that with IRCC. Thank you!
On the instruction guide for the provincial nominees by paper ( https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-p7000-application-permanent-residence-provincial-nominee-class.html#ep77)

It says:
Acknowledgment of receipt: If your application is complete, it will be placed into processing. You will be sent a letter or e-mail that:

• notifies you of this fact and provides you with your IRCC office file number
  • sets out some basic instructions for contact with the IRCC office processing your file
  • gives you a brief outline of future processing steps
So my understanding is if you put an email address down as a contact then an email is all you will get, has anyone received an AOR letter or had one available to download that also got the file number by email?

hsohi

Feb 26, 2019
hi

After securing MPNP I applied for PR...GOT my AOR...

One Question...I did not submit my EDucational Documents with my application as Checklist do not demand them, rest I submitted everything as per the checklist.

am I in a safe zone or I need to upload them?

Tsb

Feb 5, 2019
On the instruction guide for the provincial nominees by paper ( https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-p7000-application-permanent-residence-provincial-nominee-class.html#ep77)

It says:
Acknowledgment of receipt: If your application is complete, it will be placed into processing. You will be sent a letter or e-mail that:

• notifies you of this fact and provides you with your IRCC office file number
  • sets out some basic instructions for contact with the IRCC office processing your file
  • gives you a brief outline of future processing steps
So my understanding is if you put an email address down as a contact then an email is all you will get, has anyone received an AOR letter or had one available to download that also got the file number by email?
Got file number by email and downloaded the AOR letter from mycic account.

sp_22

Jan 15, 2019
I haven't receive any AOR letter in myCIC account( I have linked my paper based application), I received application number email on Jan 24 2019. Also received second email regarding online application link on the same day. Since Jan24 2019, I haven't got any new message from CIC. So, Does application number mean AOR? or you would get AOR along with application number email?

thomashoo

Jul 16, 2018
Application mailed November 24, 2018
Application received by CIO November 29, 2018
waiting for AOR
you wont see AOR in your CIC account that you link your file number to, but should check the CIC online service for AOR.

thomashoo

Jul 16, 2018
Update
PR app mailed October 27, 2018
PR app received by CIO October 30, 2018
AOR February 8, 2019
RCMP certificate request February 25, 2019
Pre-arrival letter February 26, 2019
my AOR is 1 year ahead of yours, but I still not get the Pre-arrival yet ... nothing update since AOR.