+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR - September - October 2017 Applicants>>>Lets Connect here

ts270890

Apr 8, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I need a help. I have filed BC PNP based PR application on October 2017. Passed medical on May 2018 and Received Pre-Arrival Mail on June 2018.

Since then it is quite silent. I have the following questions -

1. Will I receive any response if I make any case specific enquiry?
2. Do they send direct mail? Lately I have realized I threw away couple of important mails along with junk mails.

Eduardo101

Jan 9, 2019
Hello Eduardo,

If I am right you are Brazilian. I have the same situation as you, almost the same timeline, and work visa expiring on Aug. So, at least for Brazilian passport, you can renew anytime, you don't have to expire or be close to expiring. So, in my opinion, you should renew your passport asap.
Hi Popeye
I'd love to have Brazilian passports, I would not be worried at all!... but this is not the case... they are Venezuelan... Venezuela dont let us renew them until 6 months before expiration... Now, the consulate says that renewals are working and if they succeed they come in 8 weeks (but I don't know anyone that succeed and a there a lot that waiting with no ETA) the only way to apply for a Venezuelan passport, anytime you want, is saying you lost it... but currently they are not sending passports to consulates. You must go back to Venezuela. (I know people that traveled just for the passport)
So my questions are: Does CIC need the 6 months to expiration? or being valid is enough?. Did anyone try to mail a passport from a different country instead of the one you used in the application? (3/4 family members have passports from Argentina too)

Eduardo101

Jan 9, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I need a help. I have filed BC PNP based PR application on October 2017. Passed medical on May 2018 and Received Pre-Arrival Mail on June 2018.

Since then it is quite silent. I have the following questions -

1. Will I receive any response if I make any case specific enquiry?
2. Do they send direct mail? Lately I have realized I threw away couple of important mails along with junk mails.
You should have changes in the status of your application in your CIC account along with new messages. I never received mail before updates in my online account. Always, there was an update and 15 days later arrived the mail with the letter or the document.

ts270890

Apr 8, 2016
You should have changes in the status of your application in your CIC account along with new messages. I never received mail before updates in my online account. Always, there was an update and 15 days later arrived the mail with the letter or the document.
Thanks for your response. So people who are updating their status as "DM" first gets update in their account?

I am kind of worried that what if I have thrown away the letter mail.

In my online account these are the status:
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help - Background check
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

These are the messages:
Invitation to Pre-arrival services June 5, 2018
Medical Report - Section A Client identification and summary (IMM 1017E) April 16, 2018

popeye12

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
Hi Popeye
I'd love to have Brazilian passports, I would not be worried at all!... but this is not the case... they are Venezuelan... Venezuela dont let us renew them until 6 months before expiration... Now, the consulate says that renewals are working and if they succeed they come in 8 weeks (but I don't know anyone that succeed and a there a lot that waiting with no ETA) the only way to apply for a Venezuelan passport, anytime you want, is saying you lost it... but currently they are not sending passports to consulates. You must go back to Venezuela. (I know people that traveled just for the passport)
So my questions are: Does CIC need the 6 months to expiration? or being valid is enough?. Did anyone try to mail a passport from a different country instead of the one you used in the application? (3/4 family members have passports from Argentina too)
I am so sorry for what is happening in Venezuela. I am not sure about your questions, what I know is if you had applied using your Venezuela passport is the one that you should show them to get the COPR. But I highly recommend you to call them to clarify.
Also, everyone is welcome to join our PNP PAPER PR SEP TO DEC WhatsApp group.

Kuvamindia

Star Member
Apr 17, 2018
Completed 15 months and no ppr
Application received on 20 Sep 2017
Aor 20 Oct 2017
Med received 28 June 2018
Mep 2 July 2018

Grechy7

Apr 12, 2018
Hi Popeye
Hola Eduardo! Yo tambien soy venezolana. Cuando se te vence el pasaporte? Mi pasaporte se vence en noviembre. No sabia nada de que el pasaporte tenia que tener 6 meses de validez para aprobar. la aplicacion Cuando aplicaste?

Eduardo101

Jan 9, 2019
Hola Eduardo! Yo tambien soy venezolana. Cuando se te vence el pasaporte? Mi pasaporte se vence en noviembre. No sabia nada de que el pasaporte tenia que tener 6 meses de validez para aprobar. la aplicacion Cuando aplicaste?
Hi Grechy7, I will reply in english (someone else could use this info that we are trying to build)... My passport expires by Aug25 2019 and this group decisions shoud be May2019.
about the 6 months... usually no visa is issued in passports with less than 6 months and, cause we need to go to an entry port to get the PR, it will be on the official's discretion to grant the entry...I am just asking to be ready before it prompts in my face...
The Venezuelan Consulate in Vancouver emailed me back (May 2018) that they received no passports in more than a year and renewals were slow... now (Jan 8) they said that renewals are working in 8 weeks.. but I have friends (with made decision) waiting for more than a year for their passports and CIC refused to accept the expired passports (emailed them back asking for valid ones)...
Also, I read that the Passport requirement is only for identification purposes, and the official could ignore this requirement (due expired or lost passport) if he/she is satisfied with proof provided by applicant(s). (not the case of the people I know).

Eduardo101

Jan 9, 2019
I have another question. Now everybody must submit bio-metrics... should we wait for the request (this adds more time to the process) or, can we pay the fee, get the bio-metrics and upload as additional documents?

jabba1

Star Member
Feb 4, 2017
I have another question. Now everybody must submit bio-metrics... should we wait for the request (this adds more time to the process) or, can we pay the fee, get the bio-metrics and upload as additional documents?
If you’re applying from inside of Canada you’re exempt until they establish service points to do that.