+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR - September - October 2017 Applicants>>>Lets Connect here

TommySan

Aug 18, 2017
Ontario
I have another question. Now everybody must submit bio-metrics... should we wait for the request (this adds more time to the process) or, can we pay the fee, get the bio-metrics and upload as additional documents?
Eduardo, you don't need it If you have the application in progress.

About your passport, there should be something in the website, I believe it is a complex, but fairly common situation.

Please double check, but I think it is logical to get the new passport in time for the PPR, and as soon as possible as permits are only issued for the duration of the passports, and they are not void if you get a new one, and in the meantime, you must plan ahead and apply for new permits to stay in Canada legally. Just updated CIC of your new document when you have it.

Now for the worst part, let's hope your new passport comes before they request it, or that the PPR comes soon, and you can explain the situation showing proof that you requested.

If they are not issuing passports and that is a stunt they are doing to pull people back to Venezuela, you better save proof that you requested it, and don't go back to Venezuela, because you may never come back, or at least for the next 3 years.

BTW, I found this, last answer in the thread has what you need (inside the quote box).
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/help-passport-expiring-during-application-process.97975/

Reactions: Eduardo101

TommySan

Aug 18, 2017
Ontario
When the ecas update happened, CGKey showed my app status as application/profile updated then when I opened my profile there was nothing new (in progress), going back to the main CGKey page, my app status went back to submitted. I am guessing this was the ghost update? But not sure what it means
You probably owe them a document. Check your GC Key messages.

eCAS last line is saying they requested a doc and are still waiting for it.

hrehouma

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
You probably owe them a document. Check your GC Key messages.

eCAS last line is saying they requested a doc and are still waiting for it.
The last line says "We sent you correspondence on May 1, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.".

I don't think it means they are still waiting since it says "if you have not". Also, the Request letter I got on GC Key on May 1st 2018 is for paying the RPRF fee, which I submitted the next day. Also, If anything is needed I would see an unread message and the status of the line "Review of additional documents" would not just say "Not applicable".

So yes, I think this was just the ghost update?

TommySan

Aug 18, 2017
Ontario
The last line says "We sent you correspondence on May 1, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.".

I don't think it means they are still waiting since it says "if you have not". Also, the Request letter I got on GC Key on May 1st 2018 is for paying the RPRF fee, which I submitted the next day. Also, If anything is needed I would see an unread message and the status of the line "Review of additional documents" would not just say "Not applicable".

So yes, I think this was just the ghost update?
I think I understood you got a ghost update, and that was a new line.

Did you get confirmation for all the additional docs you sent, and the fee you paid? I paid mine with the application, so I don't know if that is confirmed automatically.

If all in order, then probably is the one people are getting just before the DM, which is probably the security finished.

Last edited:

TommySan

Aug 18, 2017
Ontario
Hey! I am a Sept 18th received applicant, I had a ghost update on Dec 18th and since then I saw an additional line on ECAS (only ha 6 just like you before) so now it says the following:

1. We received your application for permanent residence on September 18, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 16, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on October 16, 2017.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on April 4, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. We sent you correspondence on April 5, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  6. Medical results have been received.
  7. We sent you correspondence on May 1, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Anyone knows why I received an additional line last month?
Is it like this?
4-MR - Apr 4th
5-ADR - Apr 5th
6- Medicals received
7-RPRF - May 1st

And you sent it all, got confirmation, etc?

hrehouma

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Is it like this?
4-MR - Apr 4th
5-ADR - Apr 5th
6- Medicals received
7-RPRF - May 1st

And you sent it all, got confirmation, etc?
4- MR - Apr 4th
5- Request for FBI clearance (since I lived in the us for > 6 months), which I submitted online the same day
6- Medicals received
7- RPRF - May 1st, which I submitted online same day.

They didn't add the the 7th line until December 18th. Weird... The same day I had the ghost update (application updated status on GC Key then back to submitted)

TommySan

Aug 18, 2017
Ontario
4- MR - Apr 4th
5- Request for FBI clearance (since I lived in the us for > 6 months), which I submitted online the same day
6- Medicals received
7- RPRF - May 1st, which I submitted online same day.

They didn't add the the 7th line until December 18th. Weird... The same day I had the ghost update (application updated status on GC Key then back to submitted)
So yep, I think it means good news for you, someone updated your file and added that, because it was missing too, probably something like that!

Maddy2727

Oct 17, 2018
BC PNP Inland paper-based

My timeline:

App received: Oct 16 2017
AOR: Dec 11 2017
MR: April 11 2018
Invitation to Pre-Arrival Services: May 10 2018

My ECAS
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on October 16, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 11, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on December 11, 2017.
  4. We sent you correspondence on April 11, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you correspondence on May 9, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  6. Medical results have been received.
Did you get any ghost update?
I'm October 19th inland pnp applicant with spouse living in canada. Please let me know if you got and ghost update or you get any update related to your application.
Thanks

Reactions: calebo

calebo

Star Member
Jan 7, 2019
Did you get any ghost update?
I'm October 19th inland pnp applicant with spouse living in canada. Please let me know if you got and ghost update or you get any update related to your application.
Thanks
Mine is kind of similar to yours, inland with a spouse living in Canada. I haven't got any ghost update since the pre-arrival email but I hope it will come soon. Lots of people in August and several in September already got their DMs

Canadadream15

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
Inland Applicant
My timeline
App Rec 2 Oct 2017
AOR 15 Nov 2017
Schedule A req 27 April 2018
Pre Arrival 28 April 2018
M.R 6 July
M.P 17 July 2018
Nothing so far.....