+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR - September - October 2017 Applicants>>>Lets Connect here

nav1402

Oct 13, 2017
Like this one seems to have extra blank spaces...

But this one seems to have no extra spaces:

But I can't be sure because the LOGOUT button now is yellow, so the one with the blue could be a older website design. Anyway, mine looks like the one with the Yellow button, so the space is subjective, and I got no ghost update.

ahh i don't think mine have any extra space.
why don't you check your GCKEY account to confirm about ghost update or call CIC.

Reactions: TommySan

TommySan

Aug 18, 2017
Ontario
ahh i don't think mine have any extra space.
why don't you check your GCKEY account to confirm about ghost update or call CIC.
1 hour wait, I think I'm gonna pass.

Untill now I was thinking the extra lines were blank when you get a ghost update, but you log in and out and it disappears, just like in the GC Key/myCIC.

MissyTin

Mar 1, 2017
1 hour wait, I think I'm gonna pass.

Untill now I was thinking the extra lines were blank when you get a ghost update, but you log in and out and it disappears, just like in the GC Key/myCIC.
But you did medical upfront so you wont have the : we send you a medical instructions... line

sky2019

Jan 4, 2019
Any October applicants got ghost update?

My timeline
App rec 2 Oct 2017
AOR 15 Nov 2017
Schedule A Req 27 April 2018
Pre Arrival Mail 28 April 2018
M.R 6 July 2018
M.P 17 July 2018
Still waiting.....
yes still waiting my application was rcvd Oct 26 . Let me know if there's any update on yours anytime soon

vd5724

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
This i what i have. I got the 4th bold line after i passed my security check.
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on September 13, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 13, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on October 13, 2017.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on March 28, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. Medical results have been received.
yes still waiting my application was rcvd Oct 26 . Let me know if there's any update on yours anytime soon
my application was received October 23rd, 2017
I have applied for BOWP,as my current permit expires in Feb 2019.

calebo

Star Member
Jan 7, 2019
BC PNP Inland paper-based

My timeline:

App received: Oct 16 2017
AOR: Dec 11 2017
MR: April 11 2018
Invitation to Pre-Arrival Services: May 10 2018

My ECAS
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on October 16, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 11, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on December 11, 2017.
  4. We sent you correspondence on April 11, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you correspondence on May 9, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  6. Medical results have been received.

TommySan

Aug 18, 2017
Ontario
But you did medical upfront so you wont have the : we send you a medical instructions... line
Yeah, mine has 4, goes straight to 4- We received.

So the lines everybody talk about on eCAs are actually saying what was the update? Like, eCAS has more information than myCIC?

MissyTin

Mar 1, 2017
Yeah, mine has 4, goes straight to 4- We received.

So the lines everybody talk about on eCAs are actually saying what was the update? Like, eCAS has more information than myCIC?
I would say that on ecas you'll see before, a least currently, what's going on with your account. It usually says in process, I was able to caught several times in progress note (meaning that someone is working on it).
As per current trend people are getting DM and it takes time to get the PPR, whereas before it was in 24 h DM and PPR

Reactions: TommySan

TommySan

Aug 18, 2017
Ontario
I would say that on ecas you'll see before, a least currently, what's going on with your account. It usually says in process, I was able to caught several times in progress note (meaning that someone is working on it).
As per current trend people are getting DM and it takes time to get the PPR, whereas before it was in 24 h DM and PPR
Gotta be the immigration crisis, Canada Post strike, and a backlog.

I just hope to see the processing time going down on the next time they update it, never up. Nobody should wait longer than 15 months without deserving a detailed explanation of the timelines and what should we expect.

Reactions: hrehouma

hrehouma

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
BC PNP Inland paper-based

My timeline:

App received: Oct 16 2017
AOR: Dec 11 2017
MR: April 11 2018
Invitation to Pre-Arrival Services: May 10 2018

My ECAS
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on October 16, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 11, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on December 11, 2017.
  4. We sent you correspondence on April 11, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you correspondence on May 9, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Hey! I am a Sept 18th received applicant, I had a ghost update on Dec 18th and since then I saw an additional line on ECAS (only ha 6 just like you before) so now it says the following:

1. We received your application for permanent residence on September 18, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 16, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on October 16, 2017.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on April 4, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. We sent you correspondence on April 5, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  7. We sent you correspondence on May 1, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Anyone knows why I received an additional line last month?

calebo

Star Member
Jan 7, 2019
Hey! I am a Sept 18th received applicant, I had a ghost update on Dec 18th and since then I saw an additional line on ECAS (only ha 6 just like you before) so now it says the following:

1. We received your application for permanent residence on September 18, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 16, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on October 16, 2017.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on April 4, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. We sent you correspondence on April 5, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  7. We sent you correspondence on May 1, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Anyone knows why I received an additional line last month?
Have you checked your GCKey? They might request something but I'm not sure as the request was from May 1st, maybe they're late on your application update

hrehouma

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Have you checked your GCKey? They might request something but I'm not sure as the request was from May 1st, maybe they're late on your application update
When the ecas update happened, CGKey showed my app status as application/profile updated then when I opened my profile there was nothing new (in progress), going back to the main CGKey page, my app status went back to submitted. I am guessing this was the ghost update? But not sure what it means

Eduardo101

Jan 9, 2019
Our passports (and Work Permits) expire Aug 2019. Our country of origin is a mess... some friends are still waiting for renewals for more than a year...
The consulate dont let us apply for renewals before Feb 25 2019. And there is no warranty to have them renewed within the 8 weeks that our consulate says.
Is it enough (for passports) just to be valid? or, is the usual 6 months rule applied to PR applications?
3/4 members of our family have another citizenship and valid passports... can we use them as Valid Passports?
Following the 19 months timeline we should have a decision by May-June 2019.

AINP Post Grad Stream. Inland
We received your application for permanent residence on October 5, 2017.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 21, 2017.
We started processing your application on November 22, 2017.
PreArrival Services Letter May 9 2018
We sent you medical instructions on July 6, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Medical results have been received. July 30.
Looking Forward.

popeye12

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
Our passports (and Work Permits) expire Aug 2019. Our country of origin is a mess... some friends are still waiting for renewals for more than a year...
The consulate dont let us apply for renewals before Feb 25 2019. And there is no warranty to have them renewed within the 8 weeks that our consulate says.
Is it enough (for passports) just to be valid? or, is the usual 6 months rule applied to PR applications?
3/4 members of our family have another citizenship and valid passports... can we use them as Valid Passports?
Following the 19 months timeline we should have a decision by May-June 2019.

AINP Post Grad Stream. Inland
We received your application for permanent residence on October 5, 2017.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 21, 2017.
We started processing your application on November 22, 2017.
PreArrival Services Letter May 9 2018
We sent you medical instructions on July 6, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Medical results have been received. July 30.
Looking Forward.
Hello Eduardo,

If I am right you are Brazilian. I have the same situation as you, almost the same timeline, and work visa expiring on Aug. So, at least for Brazilian passport, you can renew anytime, you don't have to expire or be close to expiring. So, in my opinion, you should renew your passport asap.