+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR PAPER-BASED - June - Aug 2020 Applicant —— Let’s share timeline and progress of Application

MsAniger

Dec 15, 2020
If you got a incorrect information on your confirmation letter of PR then do you have to submit a webform or you can call IRCC to correct? And if you submit a webform how long does it take to get new one with correct information??
Better to have it in writing, IRCC can take up to 3 weeks to respond. But at the same time I suggest calling after you have sent the webform.

MsAniger

Dec 15, 2020
Congrats mine same timeline but still background checks going on. Really stressed out as my daughter on visitor status and needs to extend her stay again tomorrow
Hi, if I may ask. From what you have shared, your daughter is an outland dependant. When she applied to come to Canada, was it under dual intent meaning (applying for TRV or any permit to come to Canada - while a PR application is ongoing). I ask because I have 2 dependants who are outland and contemplating on applying for them to visit.

MsAniger

Dec 15, 2020
thanks, yes its showing on ecas medical received.. its been two months they are checking my background i don’t know when i will get dm
I wonder how accurate Ecas is. Since I received my AOR, Ecas has always showed that medicals have been received even before I received a MR. When I called IRCC they told me to ignore it. On GCKey, my status shows IRCC has not received my medical results, even though they have received them. They said they are yet to process the results after which they will update my account. Two different statuses on both websites.

MsAniger

Dec 15, 2020
Congratulations to whoever got their medical and bio requests and are moving forward with their applications.
I posted my timeline a few weeks ago but just gonna post it again to see if someone can give me some advice.
AINP Inland Applicant (No dependents)
AR July 16, 2021
AOR Jan 22, 2021
NOC 0711
Progress bar is at 66%
I have heard nothing from them since Jan 2021.
I have called them several times and all they say is have patience and/or wait.

My work permit is expiring in Nov and I applied to extend my work permit under public policy on July 25.
Right now they are working on application for work permit received between May 16 and 22, 2021.
I also sent them a web form regarding my situation about a month ago and got a reply back this week saying unless its urgent or about Afghanistan I am not supposed to contact them.
Your input will be appreciated.
Hi there, for WP extensions, it takes about 54 days, at least when I last checked the processing times. If you applied on July 25th, be patient, as there definitely were a number of temporary residents applying closer to the public policy expiration/deadline. I know of someone who received his within a month of applying but because he had applied long before the deadline. You should receive yours in the course of this month. I cannot recall the exact date I applied for mine, but it took about 7 weeks to receive it.
As for your PR, the fact that your progress bar is at 66%, you need not worry. You cannot do much about Biometrics until you receive a letter from IRCC, well unless you have done them before. But I suggest you go ahead and do you upfront Medical examination. By the time IRCC gets to the stage of wanting to ask for your Medicals, they will already have received it. I am gauging that with a 66% progress bar, your PR completion is APR? That's not too far.

Reactions: vtkv

MsAniger

Dec 15, 2020
Yep, I can see it the PR application when I log in. Just wondering why it says 'Decision Made' yet there is no change in my account.
Try logging back to ecas, and see if the status is still the same. Some times Ecas is inaccurate, not sure why. But DM is a good sign. I recall someone on this forum saying IRCC updated the status on his GC Key account - after they had approved his application. Things were happening behind the scenes but without IRCC updating the system so it was a wonderful surprise for him.

babshah76

Feb 1, 2015
Lahore, Pakistan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi Folks!

Is it recommended to go for upfront Medical??
I have the following status for my application:
SINP Paper based; Outland with 4 Dependents
AR July 10, 2020
AOR Jan 18, 2021
Biometric Waived (Not Required)
GCMS notes ordered since 37 days now (awaited)
GCKey status bar shows 69% with 7 months remaining

Please advise. Thanks.

soccer_007

Oct 7, 2020
Hi Folks!

AR July 10, 2020
AOR Jan 18, 2021

Please advise. Thanks.
If you’ve done it before don’t worry

Amr1981

Star Member
Aug 22, 2021
Kuwait
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NS
App. Filed.......
16 June 2021
Doc's Request.
24 Jan 2023
Nomination.....
28 May 2021
AOR Received.
11 August 2022
File Transfer...
Etobicoke
Med's Request
09 January 2023
Med's Done....
15 January 2023
Passport Req..
2 November 2023
VISA ISSUED...
22 November 2023
Hi Folks!

AR July 10, 2020
AOR Jan 18, 2021

Please advise. Thanks.
its a chance you can take to speed up your application, although not guatantee that it will speed up the application in the curent situation of slow processing, if you are willing to spend extra money then do it, it may or may not be useful, as maybe processing speed might change in the next couple of months , it is your call after all.

rebeccariyan

Star Member
Jun 3, 2017
Hi, if I may ask. From what you have shared, your daughter is an outland dependant. When she applied to come to Canada, was it under dual intent meaning (applying for TRV or any permit to come to Canada - while a PR application is ongoing). I ask because I have 2 dependants who are outland and contemplating on applying for them to visit.
No She is an inland applicant ; she is almost 6 months here in Canada so i applied for visitor stay extension not TRV. We need to inform them right?

vtkv

Star Member
Aug 9, 2021
Hi there, for WP extensions, it takes about 54 days, at least when I last checked the processing times. If you applied on July 25th, be patient, as there definitely were a number of temporary residents applying closer to the public policy expiration/deadline. I know of someone who received his within a month of applying but because he had applied long before the deadline. You should receive yours in the course of this month. I cannot recall the exact date I applied for mine, but it took about 7 weeks to receive it.
As for your PR, the fact that your progress bar is at 66%, you need not worry. You cannot do much about Biometrics until you receive a letter from IRCC, well unless you have done them before. But I suggest you go ahead and do you upfront Medical examination. By the time IRCC gets to the stage of wanting to ask for your Medicals, they will already have received it. I am gauging that with a 66% progress bar, your PR completion is APR? That's not too far.
Thank you for replying, it means a lot. I will get my upfront medical done and I will update my status on this thread if I receive or hear anything from IRCC.

Reactions: MsAniger

shiffimehta

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
hii everyone, my gc key shows me 56% complete and says no need of medical exam or any additional document required.. only says background is in progress.. any idea how long it will take for dm

CanadaMissi

Aug 12, 2020
Hello All, This is the first time I'm posting here. I have a question, can we leave Canada before CORP? I have an urgent business outside Canada. I have received the AOR but no update ever since. I'm afraid that I may receive the confirmation outside Canada which may delay the application further.

Best,