+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR PAPER-BASED - June - Aug 2020 Applicant —— Let’s share timeline and progress of Application

reecered

Sep 3, 2021
Hoping someone could help me on here. I applied for MPNP and received my AOR in January 2021.

I was on an IEC work permit and before it expired I applied for a BOWP. I have now received a Refusal for the BOWP citing section R203 of Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (I do not have LMIA or Confirmation from Employment and Social Development Canada). I did not know this was required for BOWP?

As of today, my temporary resident status has expired. On the same letter from IRCC, it says I can apply for 'restoration' if I submit; completed application form, fees for restoration and all required documents. What would I be restoring since my work permit expired?

My PNP application is still ongoing with 6 months on the progress bar to go. Any ideas before I get deported? This would probably void my PNP application too?

soccer_007

Oct 7, 2020
Hoping someone could help me on here. I applied for MPNP and received my AOR in January 2021.

I was on an IEC work permit and before it expired I applied for a BOWP. I have now received a Refusal for the BOWP citing section R203 of Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (I do not have LMIA or Confirmation from Employment and Social Development Canada). I did not know this was required for BOWP?

As of today, my temporary resident status has expired. On the same letter from IRCC, it says I can apply for 'restoration' if I submit; completed application form, fees for restoration and all required documents. What would I be restoring since my work permit expired?

My PNP application is still ongoing with 6 months on the progress bar to go. Any ideas before I get deported? This would probably void my PNP application too?
I really thought BOWP you could apply with AOR... That's crazy.

Only reason for rejection is if you have employment restrictions as a condition of your nomination. Please check that

Yommex

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
New Brunswick
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-05-2020
Doc's Request.
04-06-2020
Nomination.....
25-06-2020
AOR Received.
24-06-2021
Med's Done....
25-05-2021
I checked. There is no restrictions on employment. It is as if they didn't know it was a Bridging Open Work Permit.
Re-applying by providing more sufficient docs with a detailed covering letter showing your disappointment but had to reapply because you couldn't appeal the decision. This will save you time and keep you in status situation.
Alternatively notify your MP about the situation highlighting the error on the application and you wish to seek a redress on the denial.

Yommex

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
New Brunswick
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-05-2020
Doc's Request.
04-06-2020
Nomination.....
25-06-2020
AOR Received.
24-06-2021
Med's Done....
25-05-2021

The province should have given two letters when they nominated you, one-off them was an LMIA letter and the other was nomination certificate which you ought to have submitted along your BOWP application as well from my understanding of those who submitted an application that was approved.

reecered

Sep 3, 2021
The province should have given two letters when they nominated you, one-off them was an LMIA letter and the other was nomination certificate which you ought to have submitted along your BOWP application as well from my understanding of those who submitted an application that was approved.
The only document I received from the IRCC/Province was the 'LetterOfApprovalBase' (the nomination) - there was no LMIA included. My job was Air Pilot and it is an 'In-demand Occupation' within the province, if that could be a reason why no LMIA?

When I did the Application I was specific in saying I did not have an LMIA and that I was applying for BOWP and included the nomination, my PR application number and other documents to indicate this.

Below is a copy & paste of the bulletpoints for the refusal:

After considering all the circumstances of your case, your application for a work permit
cannot be approved as requested as per section R203 of the Immigration and Refugee
Protection Regulations. You do not possess a valid Labour Market Impact Assessment and
Confirmation from Employment and Social Development Canada. Your prospective employer is
responsible for obtaining this confirmation.

After considering all the circumstances of your case, it has been determined that you are not
a person whose employment will create or maintain significant employment, benefits or
opportunities for Canadian citizens or permanent residents.

hylian

Feb 24, 2020
NOC Code......
The only document I received from the IRCC/Province was the 'LetterOfApprovalBase' (the nomination) - there was no LMIA included. My job was Air Pilot and it is an 'In-demand Occupation' within the province, if that could be a reason why no LMIA?

When I did the Application I was specific in saying I did not have an LMIA and that I was applying for BOWP and included the nomination, my PR application number and other documents to indicate this.

Below is a copy & paste of the bulletpoints for the refusal:

After considering all the circumstances of your case, your application for a work permit
cannot be approved as requested as per section R203 of the Immigration and Refugee
Protection Regulations. You do not possess a valid Labour Market Impact Assessment and
Confirmation from Employment and Social Development Canada. Your prospective employer is
responsible for obtaining this confirmation.

After considering all the circumstances of your case, it has been determined that you are not
a person whose employment will create or maintain significant employment, benefits or
opportunities for Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
You may be better waiting for someone else who has had the same direct experience through MPNP but from a quick google search it looks like you should have followed the following steps: https://immigratemanitoba.com/work-permit-support-letters/

This is similar to how PNP works in Ontario - you can't apply for a BOWP, you must apply for a new work permit with your employer and if your work permit expires before PR is processed you need to contact the province to get a new one.

suchit1316

Aug 11, 2021
That means we are within the same time frame.

Do you have an idea about what we should be expecting the following:
  • Receiving an acknowledgement letter/mail confirming receipt of the application with the related reference number
  • Being invited for biometrics and fingerprint
  • Are we going to be asked to provide a fresh police report?
Let me connected and cross our fingers on any information that will help each other.
can you share your timeline