+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR PAPER-BASED - June - Aug 2020 Applicant —— Let’s share timeline and progress of Application

AIPP Immi

Jul 11, 2018
Keep try. It will work
Dear Friends..

Any experience about bio-metric appointment now a days???

I booked my appointment but can't get letter... its blank when click on print on appointment letter... on site... after 3 to 4 days try I got letter visible for my Son but not for me...Why so?

then i try again with another email and number and take new appointment date then also same problem...

then again try for new appointment and in third try got appointment and print for august 2021

need guidance that......

1) Can I visit VFS center and get another two appointment letter for my self n wife for first date of appointment of July 2021 ? ( as i already get one for first date).

Is it possible to visit VFS and take their help and take print out of one appointment date and cancel another if any on their data?

2) I wish to keep one earliest date of july 2021 and cancel another appointment so those slots will be helpful for others too...

At VFS call center i experienced only automatic system replying...

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Are you employer restricted on your nomination; beacuse I do.Actually, I am confused between applying under public policy and applying under emplyer specific workpermit.
Did you received your permit.
Your nomination has nothing to do with your PGWP. If you are currently on PGWP and is expiring soon , you can apply for new work permit under new policy. There is no rule for that policy for you nomination or anything else it’s just basic rule that you should he having pgwp right now and is expiring soon that’s it . Apply for PGWP extension under new public policy.

Reactions: abhinavnavimalhotra

Amirali93

Star Member
Feb 16, 2019
Are you employer restricted on your nomination; beacuse I do.Actually, I am confused between applying under public policy and applying under emplyer specific workpermit.
Did you received your permit.
Yes it was because I got the nomination through international students with an job offer. I requested to extend my work permit under public policy instead of my nomination. I got my new permit 2 weeks ago

abhinavnavimalhotra

Star Member
Oct 29, 2020
Yes it was because I got the nomination through international students with an job offer. I requested to extend my work permit under public policy instead of my nomination. I got my new permit 2 weeks ago
So you means that it is safe to apply for open workpermit extention under public policy; even if one person is employer restricted when nominted by province.

abhinavnavimalhotra

Star Member
Oct 29, 2020
Your nomination has nothing to do with your PGWP. If you are currently on PGWP and is expiring soon , you can apply for new work permit under new policy. There is no rule for that policy for you nomination or anything else it’s just basic rule that you should he having pgwp right now and is expiring soon that’s it . Apply for PGWP extension under new public policy.
thank you very much miss bee

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Yes. Because there is no restriction for the new stream. As long as you have a valid pgwp and you are in Canada you are eligible for that.
Totally if you meet requirements for that policy doesn’t matter you have pr application or your nomination is restricted, you are eligible for 18 months PGWP extension. You are 100% good to go. And also add a letter for optional documents that you are applying under new public policy for PGWP extension for 18 months.

soccer_007

Oct 7, 2020
Hi @Miss bee long time you've been here and I'm pretty sure you know a lot. Here is my question.
Long story short, back in February I applied for my WP Extension linked to my employer which was approved, However I wanted to do some part time work to help on my budget. I am under the provincial Nominee paper application. The likelihood to get my AOR soon is unknown. Do you believe I could apply to extend my PGWP?????
Please advise. I like my current employee just want to work elsewhere to help my budget

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi @Miss bee long time you've been here and I'm pretty sure you know a lot. Here is my question.
Long story short, back in February I applied for my WP Extension linked to my employer which was approved, However I wanted to do some part time work to help on my budget. I am under the provincial Nominee paper application. The likelihood to get my AOR soon is unknown. Do you believe I could apply to extend my PGWP?????
Please advise. I like my current employee just want to work elsewhere to help my budget
Depends what kind of work permit you have . If you have closed work permit now and before this you were holding PGWP and it was expired after January 2020, and you were in Canada at time of new policy at January 2021, you are eligible for new open work permit

soccer_007

Oct 7, 2020
Depends what kind of work permit you have . If you have closed work permit now and before this you were holding PGWP and it was expired after January 2020, and you were in Canada at time of new policy at January 2021, you are eligible for new open work permit
I used to have PGWP and now it's closed...Honestly speaking I don't get it why they make this difficult. I mean if you have an open WP why do They close specially when you have a Nomination....Sorry just my personal thought here.

I don't think is worth applying.. I am hoping to get my COPR this year my AR is February 2021.