+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR PAPER-BASED - June - Aug 2020 Applicant —— Let’s share timeline and progress of Application

MsAniger

Dec 15, 2020
It took me 2 months to get this work permit support letter... and its of no use to me.
They left me with a close work permit, this is not helping but un helping me. It's frustrating.

"This letter is to facilitate the issuance of an LMIA-exempt work permit pursuant to Annex A: Provincial Nominees of the Canada-British Columbia Immigration Agreement and under R204(c) for the individual captioned above. This letter is to be included in the work permit application.
The BC PNP confirms that all required factors for provincial support have been met. These factors include:

· that the nominee is urgently required by the employer listed above
· that the job offer is genuine and will create economic benefits or opportunities
· that the employment is not part-time or seasonal
· that the wages and working conditions would be sufficient to attract and retain Canadian citizens

This request is in accordance with IRCC’s Program Delivery Instructions for LMIA exemption code T13, found under the section titled “Foreign workers nominated by a province or territory”.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require any further information relating to this matter. Yours truly,

David Whibley
Director, Skills Immigration
BC Provincial Nominee Program
"

Why is David Whibley doing this to me? I meet all the requirements for the bridging open work permit support letter!!

It's been more than 2 years since I stared working in Canada and I'm still in this "modern slavery" MODALITY OF CLOSE WORKED PERMIT.

I'm so disappointed. :mad::(
Maybe those were the conditions of your BCPNP nomination, you have Restrictions on Employment. I am also a BCPNP nominee but I have no Restrictions on Employment. I lost my job early last year but BCPNP advised me to still send my application to IRCC as I look for another job/employer to sign my Job Offer form. I later called IRCC to clarify about my unemployment situation and that is when they advised that if I had Restrictions on Employment, losing my job would have interrupted the processing of my PR application.
If you have Restrictions that means you are eligible to a closed work permit and are tied to your employer who supported your nomination. You will be released from the closed work permit after your PR process is completed.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Maybe those were the conditions of your BCPNP nomination, you have Restrictions on Employment. I am also a BCPNP nominee but I have no Restrictions on Employment. I lost my job early last year but BCPNP advised me to still send my application to IRCC as I look for another job/employer to sign my Job Offer form. I later called IRCC to clarify about my unemployment situation and that is when they advised that if I had Restrictions on Employment, losing my job would have interrupted the processing of my PR application.
If you have Restrictions that means you are eligible to a closed work permit and are tied to your employer who supported your nomination. You will be released from the closed work permit after your PR process is completed.
Yes true. If you have nomination restrictions then closed work permit is only option.

Marixay

Mar 8, 2021
I understand... but when I got my nomination it said "RESTRICTIONS ON EMPLOYMENT No" so its just confusing me and giving me hopes of obtaining a BOWP.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I understand... but when I got my nomination it said "RESTRICTIONS ON EMPLOYMENT No" so its just confusing me and giving me hopes of obtaining a BOWP.
Did you got AOR for your application? If yes you are eligible for open work permit under BOWP.

MsAniger

Dec 15, 2020
If I may ask?
What type of work permit are you renewing or rather what is your stream.
Mine is through Skills Immigration - International Graduate.
PGWP are typically open.
Have you changed employers?
Are you still meeting the BCPNP conditions, for e.g. if you have changed employers, is BCPNP aware? I am yet to request for a bridging open work permit letter, so am not sure what the contents are of a BOWP letter.
However....
How about you apply directly to IRCC without including the BCPNP letter, now that IRCC has allowed graduate students with expired/expiring PGWP to apply for an extension of 18 months?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/students/pgwp-extend.html

There are probably some restrictions that you are unaware of. I would suggest you call IRCC or email back the BCPNP official who sent you that letter. BCPNP are pretty good at responding to queries.

Last edited:

OINP-SE

Aug 31, 2020

To be eligible for a BOWP, you must:

• live in Canada (Quebec not included)
  • have a valid work permit that expires in 4 months or less
  • be the principal applicant on your permanent residence application
  • be approved in principle for permanent residence
  • have no employment restrictions as a condition of your nomination

If your PNP nomination was supported by your employer, you are not eligible for BOWP.

ajay INDIA

Feb 25, 2020
hello everyone.

I am looking for some help from you guys.
I have applied throughout SINP.

they GOT my application in April 2020.
I got my AOR in OCT2020.
I got a Biometrics letter on NOV 2020.
I am from India and I didn't get an appointment for it so I just completed it 2 days ago.
Approx how much more time it will take for the PR?

please if you could then answer this.

thanks in advance :)

chingkong

Sep 18, 2018
Hopefully someone can enlighten me. i have on going restoration of status as ofthe moment. my extension for work permit got refused and i have my pending pr app.. do you have any idea if during this time i can still continue working? thanks