+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR PAPER-BASED - June - Aug 2020 Applicant —— Let’s share timeline and progress of Application

Hamed2002m

Dec 11, 2019
I see in google doc that work permit people wrote medical exam as exempt. Is that true? Could anyone send more information, which type of work permit is exempted from MD?

PPIndia

Sep 11, 2020
start from AR
Need some suggestion from the group. I have profile in Express Entry with CRS score as 400, and I meet CEC and FSW.

Although I did not received any ITA notification for the cut off score was 75 as per the draw #176 but very hopeful this to happen anytime today or tomorrow. In addition, I had OINP and submitted the paper application with AR date Sep 26, 2020.

Shall I consider the paper based application for processing or the express entry, timeline does matter for me.

Also, can I transferor use amount paid for paper based application to Express entry. Any guidance/ suggestion will be helpful.

Reactions: Diz

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Need some suggestion from the group. I have profile in Express Entry with CRS score as 400, and I meet CEC and FSW.

Although I did not received any ITA notification for the cut off score was 75 as per the draw #176 but very hopeful this to happen anytime today or tomorrow. In addition, I had OINP and submitted the paper application with AR date Sep 26, 2020.

Shall I consider the paper based application for processing or the express entry, timeline does matter for me.

Also, can I transferor use amount paid for paper based application to Express entry. Any guidance/ suggestion will be helpful.
You can have both application at same time . If you wana go with express entry you have to pay another fees and do medical exam and pcc again. You can use same fees u used for paper based application.

PPIndia

Sep 11, 2020
You can have both application at same time . If you wana go with express entry you have to pay another fees and do medical exam and pcc again. You can use same fees u used for paper based application.
Thanks for the quick response. I already have the PCC, RCMP and Medical Test from Oct 2020 which i did advance. Can it be used for Paper based application.

Also, if I understand, you mean to say I cancel the request for paper based application once I receive AOR, then the same fee can be used for Express Entry

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thanks for the quick response. I already have the PCC, RCMP and Medical Test from Oct 2020 which i did advance. Can it be used for Paper based application.

Also, if I understand, you mean to say I cancel the request for paper based application once I receive AOR, then the same fee can be used for Express Entry
Yes you can send same pcc and medical. When you get temporary file number you can send those through webform. You will be able to get temporary file number next month. Yes you can to cancel paper based and use same fees after refund or pay another fees

MsAniger

Dec 15, 2020
You can have more than one application ONLY if you have Express Entry. Not paper based.

MsAniger

Dec 15, 2020

I am a BCPNP paper based applicant. As far as I know, one cannot have an express entry and paper based application at the same time. If you have Express Entry, yes you can apply through different streams, FSW, CEC, PNP Express Entry. However, if you have PNP Paper Based (non-Express Entry), you can apply through only this stream. IRCC has already received your Paper Based application, I highly doubt you will receive an ITA for the recent CEC. I am no expert, but I think you will need to withdraw your Express Entry profile. And if you decide to keep you Express Entry profile, you will need to withdraw your paper based application. And once IRCC begins processing an application, they do not refund fees.

Last edited:
Reactions: Visha2711

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I am a BCPNP paper based applicant. As far as I know, one cannot have an express entry and paper based application at the same time. If you have Express Entry, yes you can apply through different streams, FSW, CEC, PNP Express Entry. However, if you have PNP Paper Based (non-Express Entry), you can apply through only this stream. IRCC has already received your Paper Based application, I highly doubt you will receive an ITA for the recent CEC. I am no expert, but I think you will need to withdraw your Express Entry profile. And if you decide to keep you Express Entry profile, you will need to withdraw your paper based application. And once IRCC begins processing an application, they do not refund fees.
You can have multiple application at same time . You can’t have cec express entry and bc pnp express entry but you can have cec express entry and paper based application at same time. Paper based pnp pr application is different stream and cec express entry is under different stream . They both are separate .

MsAniger

Dec 15, 2020
You can have multiple application at same time . You can’t have cec express entry and bc pnp express entry but you can have cec express entry and paper based application at same time. Paper based pnp pr application is different stream and cec express entry is under different stream . They both are separate .
I am speaking from experience. BCPNP offers nominations through express entry and non-express entry. As a BCPNP Express Entry applicant, if one meets the other Express Entry streams, i.e. CEC, FSW, they can apply for any of the 3 different streams as this will show on their Express Entry Profile.

What does this sentence in this link mean??

Provinces and territories can also recruit candidates from the Express Entry pool through the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) to meet local labour market needs.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility.html

And I repeat, an applicant cannot have
A Paper Based (non express entry) application and have an Express Entry profile at the same time.