+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR PAPER-BASED - June - Aug 2020 Applicant —— Let’s share timeline and progress of Application

Jolbean

Star Member
Jul 6, 2020
There is so much ignorance on this forum. I’m sorry... let me explain this to you...
There are two options for you if your a provincial nominee.
1. BOWP
2. Open Work Permit
Follow the instructions on CIC (GC key) - it will create a personalised check list for you. You apply for an “Open Work Permit” and submit your Work Permit Support Letter for LMIA exemption.

You must not let your current work permit expire. And also, you need not wait for the AOR because obviously without AOR, BOWP is not an option.

conclusion; please apply for “extending or changing the conditions of your work permit” and select “Open Work Permit” on the form.
u dont need an aor to extend your work permit

Indian5183

Star Member
Apr 3, 2019
No, you do not need an AOR to extend your work permit, meaning when you apply for an Open Work Permit.

You do need an AOR only for BOWP. So if you do not receive your AOR and your existing work permit is about to expire, you should apply for an Open Work Permit minimum 30 days before expiry of your document.

Indian5183

Star Member
Apr 3, 2019
Do you need to extend your work permit soon? If not, no worry. If yes, contact your PNP
I think you don't need an extension nomination unless IRCC returns your application. By that time, tell your PNP what happened and they will likely renew your nomination.
If you have already submitted a permanent residence application by mail. You “do not” have to do anything even if your Nomination expires. An extension to your nomination is only required if you are applying for permanent residence AFTER your nomination has expired.

Reactions: RoTaBl

4zans

Dec 19, 2019
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-09-2020
Nomination.....
31-08-2020
my AR was on 1 April before your friend but still no AOR yet
What did they say on the phone? That they don't have the application?