+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR PAPER-BASED - June - Aug 2020 Applicant —— Let’s share timeline and progress of Application

LDC Scar

Star Member
Aug 31, 2021
So after submitting the photo and confirming the address, I did not know there is still eCOPR before the PR card. The email confirming that the photo has been submitted has a paragraph stating

"If the information is complete, your status as a permanent resident will be confirmed and your permanent resident card will be printed and mailed to you"
Yes, they’ll send you another email once they finish reviewing the address and photo with confirmation of permanent residence that says:

“Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident (PR) of Canada! IRCC has uploaded an electronic copy of your electronic confirmation of permanent residence (eCoPR) document in the PR Confirmation Portal. The eCoPR document is proof of your new status and you will be able to use this document while you wait for your first PR card that will be sent to you in the mail.”

Reactions: vtkv

MsAniger

Dec 15, 2020
Yes, they’ll send you another email once they finish reviewing the address and photo with confirmation of permanent residence that says:

“Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident (PR) of Canada! IRCC has uploaded an electronic copy of your electronic confirmation of permanent residence (eCoPR) document in the PR Confirmation Portal. The eCoPR document is proof of your new status and you will be able to use this document while you wait for your first PR card that will be sent to you in the mail.”
Thanks for the clarification. I never quite knew what the COPR is but am glad we can use this as we await our PR cards.

I plan to travel to my home country next month, and it's such a relief, I don't have to apply for a TRV to re-enter Canada.

So do our outland dependants receive their PR cards on arrival to Canada?

LDC Scar

Star Member
Aug 31, 2021
Thanks for the clarification. I never quite knew what the COPR is but am glad we can use this as we await our PR cards.

I plan to travel to my home country next month, and it's such a relief, I don't have to apply for a TRV to re-enter Canada.

So do our outland dependants receive their PR cards on arrival to Canada?
I’m sorry but you are not able to travel with ecopr. It is written in huge letters across the document. You’ll have to wait for the card. I want to go home next month too and I’m just praying I’ll get the card by then. I believe Outland dependents will get their ecopr when they come through immigration and then the card is mailed? I’m not 100% sure though.

Reactions: Thisath

MsAniger

Dec 15, 2020
I’m sorry but you are not able to travel with ecopr. It is written in huge letters across the document. You’ll have to wait for the card. I want to go home next month too and I’m just praying I’ll get the card by then. I believe Outland dependents will get their ecopr when they come through immigration and then the card is mailed? I’m not 100% sure though.
You are so right. I received my eCOPR today and yes its not for travel. But Yay! hopefully the PR cards will come through.
On the PR portal it clearly says we can apply for PRTD for travel, I will do some research for that.
I have family who applied for PR through Express Entry, they got their PR cards within 2 weeks. Interestingly, my PR got approved in Calgary yet we have been in BC since we came to CA.

If you are already a permanent resident, you can:
  • apply for your permanent resident card (PR card); or
  • apply for a permanent resident travel document (PRTD)

Last edited:
Reactions: Thisath

LDC Scar

Star Member
Aug 31, 2021
You are so right. I received my eCOPR today and yes its not for travel. But Yay! hopefully the PR cards will come through.
On the PR portal it clearly says we can apply for PRTD for travel, I will do some research for that.
I have family who applied for PR through Express Entry, they got their PR cards within 2 weeks. Interestingly, my PR got approved in Calgary yet we have been in BC since we came to CA.

If you are already a permanent resident, you can:
  • apply for your permanent resident card (PR card); or
  • apply for a permanent resident travel document (PRTD)
so glad you got yours. Mine was approved in Calgary too but I’m in Alberta so that kinda makes sense. I’m hoping it doesn’t take more than 2-3 weeks for us the get the card. I have friends that got it really quick but others that waited months. I’m hoping on the former

Reactions: MsAniger

RobinHood101

Jan 3, 2020
Hello,
Do we have anyone whose AR aligns with June 2020 and is heading to Manitoba?
If you have gotten recent updates or PR from IRCc, kindly share your timeline.
Thanks

See my timeline
AR: June 11, 2020
AOR: March 9, 2020
BIL: January 5, 2021
MR: October 8, 2021
MP: November 15, 2021
ECAS 100%: March 11, 2021

Thisath

May 15, 2019
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
SINP
AOR Received.
15-04-2021
Hello,
Thanks

See my timeline
Where is ur VO

Gurie140196

Star Member
Aug 2, 2020
Hello,
Thanks

See my timeline
June 2,2020 AR here
No update after MP …

vtkv

Star Member
Aug 9, 2021
Hi,

I did my medical on Saturday July 16, 2022 and the clinic will upload my results in 4-7 business days.

Do I need to submit the medical receipts to IRCC until I wait for the clinic to send my results to IRCC?

The doctor at the clinic said IRCC will require me to submit the receipt while I wait... Never heard of that before from anyone in this group chat... please advise if you know :)

Thank you

kpm19500

Nov 13, 2019
OUTLAND APPLICATION
AR : 20 July 2020
AOR: 29 January 2021
BIO DONE: 01 March 2021
I took medical test on 30 June 2022nd uploaded for the same on gc key (did upfront because I got latter from gc key nd in that not atteched Imm 1017E) and after 11th July 2022 again got with ime letter(imm1017e) in gc key so now what I do ? any one have suggestions?

Thisath

May 15, 2019
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
SINP
AOR Received.
15-04-2021
Hi,

I did my medical on Saturday July 16, 2022 and the clinic will upload my results in 4-7 business days.

Do I need to submit the medical receipts to IRCC until I wait for the clinic to send my results to IRCC?

The doctor at the clinic said IRCC will require me to submit the receipt while I wait... Never heard of that before from anyone in this group chat... please advise if you know :)

Thank you
If you have done the medical after MR then you don’t need submit anything but if u going to submit upfront medical then you should hv to submit webform……

awsnupur

Jun 1, 2015
Bangladesh
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019
Hi, I received a reply on my webform raised back in May. They relayed that my file is being processed in Windsor, Ontario. I sent my file to Sydney, NS; then it got transferred to Singapore VO. From there it was again transferred to Etobicoke VO and now in Windsor. More pathetically, they are still assessing my Eligibility and background check has not started yet.
So frustrating! Is there anyone here whose file is being processed in Windsor?
Thanks and good luck for all.

Reactions: Crust

Thisath

May 15, 2019
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
SINP
AOR Received.
15-04-2021
Hi, I received a reply on my webform raised back in May. They relayed that my file is being processed in Windsor, Ontario. I sent my file to Sydney, NS; then it got transferred to Singapore VO. From there it was again transferred to Etobicoke VO and now in Windsor. More pathetically, they are still assessing my Eligibility and background check has not started yet.
So frustrating! Is there anyone here whose file is being processed in Windsor?
Thanks and good luck for all.
Yes mine also in Windsor svo is etobicoke, other status same as you

Reactions: awsnupur