+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR PAPER-BASED - June - Aug 2020 Applicant —— Let’s share timeline and progress of Application

MsAniger

Dec 15, 2020
Hello

Hello
Even i can't find that its shows we can't find your application.
My file AR June 12,2020
My case:

AR: August 20th
AOR: Pending

But i have to say, looking at this forum it's my understanding that we are talking about 2 years of waiting time, considering the virus maybe even more.
In other topics there are people with the AOR after 1 month from the AR and still more than 2 year of total time. In our case (average 6 months between AR and AOR) it'll be more than 2 year for sure.

So there is something that i can't understand.
The Canadian Experience Class requires very basic staff (just a minimum of 7 in the language skills) and just 1 year of work in canada. And i see application totally processed in less than 6 months.

So why people just doesn't apply for that after 1 year?
Because i'm sure i'm missing something, it doesn't even require education, job offers or anything. Looking at the website seems like you can apply simply with 1 year of work in canada (noc A, B or 0) and nothing else. So what i'm missing?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
BCPNP - inland
AR - July 2nd
AOR - still waiting. Sent a Webform 2 weeks ago to inquire about the AOR....IRCC replied stating delays are Covid-related. I think the only time one should start getting worried is if they have not received the AOR and are due to apply for a bridging work permit
Did you called them to ask for temporary file number?

MsAniger

Dec 15, 2020
There are two things to consider.
a) The length of open work permit. Some PNP nominees have only 1 yr on their wp. After 1 year, there's no time for PNP or EE(AOR) in order to extend their close/open work permits.
b) EE is very competitive. It's suitable for ppl with many yrs of work experience or having a master/doctor degree.
CLB 7 of the English level might not cut it. Some ppl scored 8 or 9 and they even completed a French language test. So they could have more than 20 points than ppl scored CLB7. 20 pts of CRS could make a difference when other factors contribute similar amounts points.

bouns) The opportunity cost of time. Many PR applicants need the help of PNPs which are usually easier to accomplish than the EE.
Let's say you have a 3 yr open WP. You might want to be 'in the game' early, rather than wait a year to start, although the finish time is similar. (Perhaps going through EE is a few months faster than paper-based PR applicants)
This is because
a) The provincial govs make changes to PNP streams every 1 or 2 yrs. You might not want to miss out when you can if the current policy is in your favour. If it's changed after 1 yr and you no longer meet the requirements. Then Game Over.
b) How are you not eager/anxious to start the PR processes? Why don't you get your photo taken or complete your medical exam? Unless you are fine with waiting another year to start. Things/Life can be different/ changed in a year.
If I may add

Correct EE depends on lots of factors, age, work experience, language, level of education and its difficult to attain the CRS cap due to its competitive nature. This is where PNP comes handy. I would advice anyone to try this route, either PNP Express Entry or PNP Paper Based. With PNP, you automatically get 600 points so it wont really matter what your CRS score is, you are good to go.

PNP requirements varies by Province, for some its alot easier and doesnt necessarily require an employer to support the application. I believe Yukon Province requires one to have had at least 6 months of work experience before becoming eligible for PNP. So its possible to pull off a PNP within 1 year (for those with a 1 year work permit) but it depends on the Province.

Reactions: RoTaBl

MsAniger

Dec 15, 2020
My case:

AR: August 20th
AOR: Pending

But i have to say, looking at this forum it's my understanding that we are talking about 2 years of waiting time, considering the virus maybe even more.
In other topics there are people with the AOR after 1 month from the AR and still more than 2 year of total time. In our case (average 6 months between AR and AOR) it'll be more than 2 year for sure.

So there is something that i can't understand.
The Canadian Experience Class requires very basic staff (just a minimum of 7 in the language skills) and just 1 year of work in canada. And i see application totally processed in less than 6 months.

So why people just doesn't apply for that after 1 year?
Because i'm sure i'm missing something, it doesn't even require education, job offers or anything. Looking at the website seems like you can apply simply with 1 year of work in canada (noc A, B or 0) and nothing else. So what i'm missing?
Those receiving AORs in a shorter time applied through Express Entry whose total processing time takes 6 months. With Non-Express Entry applications (paper based) process takes longer (15 to 19 months) and with Covid even longer. Remember CEC requirements might seem easy to achieve, but it all boils down to your CRS Score. Some Express Entry applicants are eligible for more than one program, so you will find one qualifies for Federal Skilled Worker and CEC at the same time. Either way, Express Entry is very competitive

MsAniger

Dec 15, 2020
Did you tried to call them ? On webform they will never give you temporary file number. They just send u same message again and again because fo COVID blaa blaa . You can try to call and get temporary file number.
I agree, calling them is easier. I called them today and after being put on hold for 39 minutes I was able to speak to them and they gave me temporary file number

MsAniger

Dec 15, 2020
Call them 1 (888) 242-2100
Thanks, I called today and got the number. So if getting a
*received PNP in JUL 2020
* sent application to CIC Sydney in SEP/17/ 2020
application received by CIC SEP/22 /2020
*waiting for AOR should be within 3 months from the day when PR application was delivered to CIC office.
please respond ones you receive AOR or any orders changes
My PNP-inland paper-based application received July 2nd. No AOR todate. After being advised on this Forum to call IRCC and ask for a temporary file number, I did so today and was given one. IRCC said they are not able to let me know when they will issue an AOR, but atleast they confirmed receipt of my application.

Reactions: Bobby0723

@ditya009

Oct 20, 2020
Hi can any one help me regarding a doubt so for masters pnp onip i have received two things one is conformation of nomination other is approval letter i have submitted only conformation of nomination is this fine did any one have done the same any idea ?? Because the checklist is confusing

MsAniger

Dec 15, 2020
Hi can any one help me regarding a doubt so for masters pnp onip i have received two things one is conformation of nomination other is approval letter i have submitted only conformation of nomination is this fine did any one have done the same any idea ?? Because the checklist is confusing
I can only speak for my case which was BCPNP non-express entry (paper based). I only submitted confirmation of nomination as this document contains the relevant information pertaining to the applicant's nomination.

@ditya009

Oct 20, 2020
I can only speak for my case which was BCPNP non-express entry (paper based). I only submitted confirmation of nomination as this document contains the relevant information pertaining to the applicant's nomination.
For u did u received both or only conformation of nomination ?