+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR PAPER-BASED - April May June July 2019 Applicant —— Let’s share timeline and contact here!!!

preet1606

Star Member
May 25, 2019
Hi Guys,
My PR file is in process since May 1st .
Currently my restoration of work permit application was refused . What should I do as now I do not have a status

jason7449

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
Hi Guys,
My PR file is in process since May 1st .
Currently my restoration of work permit application was refused . What should I do as now I do not have a status
Did you apply close work permit or open?
Any job restriction on your provincial nomination letter?
You probably need to find a lawyer ASAP if you are under provincial nomination paper base.

preet1606

Star Member
May 25, 2019
Did you apply close work permit or open?
Any job restriction on your provincial nomination letter?
You probably need to find a lawyer ASAP if you are under provincial nomination paper base.
I yalked to a lawyer he said he can apply for a TRP but asks for $7000. Im confused on what to do

jason7449

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
I yalked to a lawyer he said he can apply for a TRP but asks for $7000. Im confused on what to do
TRP for visitor or? I don't believe visitor is satisfied requirement for provincial nomination process, but if TRP is allowed you working in Canada, it's probably a solution. Please having much specific discussion with your lawyer and making sure it will let you work in Canada legally.

Not sure there is something wrong in your work permit application. If there is a job restriction on provincial nomination, you will not be allowed to apply open work permit.....etc
Making sure you apply right one and resubmit it again.

preet1606

Star Member
May 25, 2019
TRP for visitor or? I don't believe visitor is satisfied requirement for provincial nomination process, but if TRP is allowed you working in Canada, it's probably a solution. Please having much specific discussion with your lawyer and making sure it will let you work in Canada legally.

Not sure there is something wrong in your work permit application. If there is a job restriction on provincial nomination, you will not be allowed to apply open work permit.....etc
Making sure you apply right one and resubmit it again.
How is it going to affect my PR which is still in process?

jason7449

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
How is it going to affect my PR which is still in process?
Mostly, it affects your provincial nomination, but not sure your situation and nomination requirement.
For example, there is a MPNP requirement in worker provincial nomination, " Don’t let your work permit expire. "

https://www.immigratemanitoba.com/immigrate-to-manitoba/general-mpnp-policies/apply-for-pr/
Please check point "What to do while waiting for visa processing" in above link

If your province decided to drop your nomination, your application will be dropped by IRCC too. I think your are in urgent situation. If I were you, I will asking more lawyers, not just one.You do need more professional advises.

bigpineapple

Star Member
Apr 20, 2020
Look in your provincial nomination letter if it has a field for "Employment restrictions" and if the answer is "No". Reason: Provincial Nomination letter's can have an employer indicated but at the same time don't have employer restrictions (I know it's confusing!)

If the NL has a field "Employment restrictions" with "No" it should be fine to apply for BOWP (you would just be restricted to work in the province that has given you the nomination). I called CIC and I talked to an agent to confirm this information, and you can find information in this official link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/provincial-nominees-permanent-resident-applicants/bridging-open-work-permits.html

In the link above look for the part where it talks about "Determining if nomination has employer restrictions" :

Provinces and territories may include an employer or the name of the occupation and the National Occupational Classification (NOC) code and still indicate that there are no employment restrictions. In these cases, the applicants are eligible for an open work permit, provided they meet the other eligibility criteria. A separate letter from the applicant or the nominating province to confirm that no employment restrictions exist should not be requested.

Obs1: If u follow for BOWP don't forget to include a LOE, AOR, nomination letter, a copy of your current valid permit, and a copy of your national id (if u filled it in the imm5710). It's also good, but optional, to add payslips and bank statements.
Obs2: You should make sure you were approved in principle for resident permanent (the link above also has a section to explain how u can be considered approved in principle - "Express Entry Determining if an e-APR has passed the completeness check" and "Paper APR Determining if a positive eligibility decision has been made").
Obs3: It may be a good idea to include the link, or a print screen, of the page above saying about the "No employment restrictions". I feel it can be confusing for the agent as well.
thanks for the thorough info - my nomination letter shows "yes" on employment restriction. what should I apply to furthur my work permit?

danlb34

Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
thanks for the thorough info - my nomination letter shows "yes" on employment restriction. what should I apply to furthur my work permit?
You're welcome. You should apply for a closed work permit. I'm not sure of all details, but it shouldn't be so complicated as you're a provincial nominee.

Reading the forum, it also seems safer to apply for a closed work permit rather than Bowp (because of the requirement about "Approved in Principle" in your resident permanent application).

danlb34

Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
Hi Bigpineapple,

You can not apply for BOWP. Don't waste your time by doing this. You will finally end up in restoration status.
You're only eligible to apply for a close work permit. Same as me. These are documents you need for that purpose.

1. Employer needs to pay $230 dollar fee, I think they may provide us some receipt or some reference number as a proof.
2. Provisional nomination - work permit support letter
3. Pre-arrival letter - means you passed first stage of eligibility criteria.
4. Provisional nomination

There are the primary documents required for a closed work permit. I also applied for PR thorough SINP existing work permit program.
For the case that you're already working (for more than 1 year), should employer submit a new job offer letter?
An old job offer letter with no expiry date, or a contract, can be used?

Observation: Originally coming from an open work permit (so to accept the old job offer, no lmia or compliance fee was necessary).
Now needing to get new work permit to wait the PR process to be completed (AOR already received).
In theory, I may can apply for Bowp, but it seems safer to go with close wp.

Last edited:

Mahamud_Ca

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
Is anyone here applied under PNP, Waiting for Medical done from federal but stop working because of the covid 19 virus situation. What is the procedure if the work place is close? Do we need to let AINP knows about the situation? Please let me know of anyone is in the same situation? Thanks

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Is anyone here applied under PNP, Waiting for Medical done from federal but stop working because of the covid 19 virus situation. What is the procedure if the work place is close? Do we need to let AINP knows about the situation? Please let me know of anyone is in the same situation? Thanks
You have to let them know of any change in your employment situation and they will give you 60 calendar days to find another job. I am not sure what happens if you are unable to find a job within those 60 days.

It took me 4 months to get my present job pre-Covid.If I get laid-off I am not sure I will be able to get a job within 2 months.

After nomination

We are working with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on the impact of COVID-19 on the permanent residence process.

Nominees must advise us of any changes in their employment circumstances, address, email, phone number or family status after nomination. Once an application for permanent residence is submitted, you must continue to advise the AINP and the IRCC of any changes. Information about a change in employment must be emailed to the AINP program officer who processed the application or mailed to the AINP along with an AINP file number. Use the IRCC web form to advise IRCC of any changes.

Nominees whose employment circumstance change due to the COVID-19 pandemic will be given 60 calendar days to meet employment criteria in order to maintain their nomination. Nominees who move to another province or territory will have their nomination withdrawn.

We continue to issue nomination extensions and/or 204(c) Letters of Support to nominees who meet the requirements for these post-nomination supports.

https://www.alberta.ca/ainp.aspx

ipaykwai

Aug 10, 2013
manila
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
-06-2019
Nomination.....
-02-2019
AOR Received.
-06-2019
Med's Request
10-2019
Passport Req..
14-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2022
LANDED..........
2-04-2022
hello guys, I am on the same boat as others. still on the waiting game. :) :) :)