+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR - October-November-December 2016 Applicants

mikybuddy

Star Member
Jan 8, 2018
It has been a while since I have written anything on this wall. Since May 2018, my file has been sitting in the Winnipeg office for processing. Last month, when I requested for GCMS note, it indicated that my security has started. About a month has passed, still no answer from them. So what I do? I contacted the office through case-specific inquiry. They came back to me within a day saying that they have verified my information and has forwarded my email to the responsible office (which is Winnipeg). This was November 19th. A week passed by without any response from the Winnipeg office. So I called this morning and got to talk to an agent. Of course, as most of them do, she told me the same thing I already know. And I asked her if she could flag my file so that the responsible officer can be notified of my file. She has agreed to send another email to the responsible office. Then, an hour later, got an email from Winnipeg IRCC office; two sentences:

As per your inquiry, please note your application is assigned to an officer. Your application is in the final stage of processing once it has been finalized you will be contacted by IRCC.

Now I am asking you to help me understand few things:

1) When does a file get assigned to an officer?
2) What final stage are they referring to? Security? or actually ready to make a decision?

I need you experts' help! :) Oh btw, Im Nov 18, 2016.

Ann_7

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
It has been a while since I have written anything on this wall. Since May 2018, my file has been sitting in the Winnipeg office for processing. Last month, when I requested for GCMS note, it indicated that my security has started. About a month has passed, still no answer from them. So what I do? I contacted the office through case-specific inquiry. They came back to me within a day saying that they have verified my information and has forwarded my email to the responsible office (which is Winnipeg). This was November 19th. A week passed by without any response from the Winnipeg office. So I called this morning and got to talk to an agent. Of course, as most of them do, she told me the same thing I already know. And I asked her if she could flag my file so that the responsible officer can be notified of my file. She has agreed to send another email to the responsible office. Then, an hour later, got an email from Winnipeg IRCC office; two sentences:

As per your inquiry, please note your application is assigned to an officer. Your application is in the final stage of processing once it has been finalized you will be contacted by IRCC.

Now I am asking you to help me understand few things:

1) When does a file get assigned to an officer?
2) What final stage are they referring to? Security? or actually ready to make a decision?

I need you experts' help! :) Oh btw, Im Nov 18, 2016.
Hi milkybuddy, can you give more detail on your file like MR date, eligibility and criminality date passed, pre-arrival email date etc. I think that will give everyone a better idea on your file's progress and can give a more detailed answer to your questions.

mikybuddy

Star Member
Jan 8, 2018
Hi milkybuddy, can you give more detail on your file like MR date, eligibility and criminality date passed, pre-arrival email date etc. I think that will give everyone a better idea on your file's progress and can give a more detailed answer to your questions.
sure! the following information is based on the GCMS note which I have received on October 23rd

AOR: January 2017
PPRF Paid: April 2017
Eligibility Passed: March 2017
Criminality Passed: May 2017
(Info sharing: RCMP screening and USA screening came back negative (NRT))
Medical Request: January 2018
Medical Passed: March 2018
Security: Started/In process
*No Pre-arrival email was received"

I have requested and got a GCMS note back in August 2018 and the file was not assigned to anyone. But, my GCMS note from October 2018 shows that my file is assigned to someone and the due date is indicated as September 16, 2018.

Now that I have gone through the GCMS note again, the agent who emailed me today is just telling me the same old news.. haha
oh boy when would this wait OVER!

Ann_7

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
sure! the following information is based on the GCMS note which I have received on October 23rd

AOR: January 2017
PPRF Paid: April 2017
Eligibility Passed: March 2017
Criminality Passed: May 2017
(Info sharing: RCMP screening and USA screening came back negative (NRT))
Medical Request: January 2018
Medical Passed: March 2018
Security: Started/In process
*No Pre-arrival email was received"

I have requested and got a GCMS note back in August 2018 and the file was not assigned to anyone. But, my GCMS note from October 2018 shows that my file is assigned to someone and the due date is indicated as September 16, 2018.

Now that I have gone through the GCMS note again, the agent who emailed me today is just telling me the same old news.. haha
oh boy when would this wait OVER!
Thanks for the info.

Your file was processed super fast in the beginning but I can't believe they've waited for so long to start with your security. But, it is definitely a good sign that your file has been assigned to an officer. I'm no expert on the gcms notes but sure a senior member can give you more answers. It is now up to the time it's going to take to finalize your security. I have seen in the past, it varies a lot. In your activity section, how many security activities do you have? Does it show anything like "security screening" or only security? The amount of activities normally gives you a good idea as to where they are with the process. Does it show s15.1 or s16.1 in the right hand corner of your security section?

mikybuddy

Star Member
Jan 8, 2018
Thanks for the info.

Your file was processed super fast in the beginning but I can't believe they've waited for so long to start with your security. But, it is definitely a good sign that your file has been assigned to an officer. I'm no expert on the gcms notes but sure a senior member can give you more answers. It is now up to the time it's going to take to finalize your security. I have seen in the past, it varies a lot. In your activity section, how many security activities do you have? Does it show anything like "security screening" or only security? The amount of activities normally gives you a good idea as to where they are with the process. Does it show s15.1 or s16.1 in the right hand corner of your security section?
Hello Ann_7

You do sound like you know what you are talking about! Activity 5 shows "Security" with field name "Status" with no new value (I believe this is where they indicate if I have passed or not). and from Activity 1 through 4, they are just blanks with my name and uci on it. So I guess they are doing something as of October 23rd... 5 activities! oh my.. haha maybe it will take some time haha and yes I hav 15.s for my security. I think it is because Im Korean and I have done the mandatory military service.

Ann_7

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello Ann_7

You do sound like you know what you are talking about! Activity 5 shows "Security" with field name "Status" with no new value (I believe this is where they indicate if I have passed or not). and from Activity 1 through 4, they are just blanks with my name and uci on it. So I guess they are doing something as of October 23rd... 5 activities! oh my.. haha maybe it will take some time haha and yes I hav 15.s for my security. I think it is because Im Korean and I have done the mandatory military service.
Maybe a senior member can correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems as though your security is done. It will always be blanked out till the end and the fact that you have s15.1 in the right hand corner and you have 5 activities, tells me from past experience that your security is finalized. Activity 5 (I think) is the reply from CBSA. Because you did military service can definitely be the reason why your application has passed normal timeline but I think, if you are not set up for HIRV screening, you can be close to DM. It al depends on the processing times of Winnipeg office.

mikybuddy

Star Member
Jan 8, 2018
Maybe a senior member can correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems as though your security is done. It will always be blanked out till the end and the fact that you have s15.1 in the right hand corner and you have 5 activities, tells me from past experience that your security is finalized. Activity 5 (I think) is the reply from CBSA. Because you did military service can definitely be the reason why your application has passed normal timeline but I think, if you are not set up for HIRV screening, you can be close to DM. It al depends on the processing times of Winnipeg office.
Ann_7 thank you very much for your input. I do hope that I am close to DM. My friend applied way far later and now he holds his PR. The saddest part of this story is that I truly want to congratulate him with all my heart but my current processing just hinders me from doing so. And really sad to see him being sorry for me...haha

I hope everyone from 2016 can get their answer soon! Processing times may vary from case to case, but such long delays should require an anwer!! hang in there everyone! :)

Reactions: ayaz94 and antonpa

Ann_7

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Ann_7 thank you very much for your input. I do hope that I am close to DM. My friend applied way far later and now he holds his PR. The saddest part of this story is that I truly want to congratulate him with all my heart but my current processing just hinders me from doing so. And really sad to see him being sorry for me...haha

I hope everyone from 2016 can get their answer soon! Processing times may vary from case to case, but such long delays should require an anwer!! hang in there everyone! :)
I do hope you get your answer very soon! I know the long wait is so hard and tiring. I wish you a speedy DM, please keep us updated on your progress.

PolaMahal

Jul 8, 2016
Calgary
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17 march 2016
Doc's Request.
05 dec 2016
Nomination.....
07 dec 2016
AOR Received.
09 feb 2017
Med's Request
08-01-2018
Med's Done....
12-01-2018
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Waiting
Anyone knows how long it takes to get Passport Request after Decision made on ECAS ?
Waiting... got DM more than two weeks ago. No PPR yet!

SALOK

Star Member
Sep 17, 2016
Anyone knows how to get proper info about the application. the useless answers from reps obviously not an option.
Did any one mail the immigration minster or the prime minister?
Can MP push for proper answers regarding the application.
Can PNP office help follow up? hiring a lawyer?
Dec '16 here.

Reactions: PolaMahal

PolaMahal

Jul 8, 2016
Calgary
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17 march 2016
Doc's Request.
05 dec 2016
Nomination.....
07 dec 2016
AOR Received.
09 feb 2017
Med's Request
08-01-2018
Med's Done....
12-01-2018
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Waiting
14 December 2016
Anyone knows how to get proper info about the application. the useless answers from reps obviously not an option.
Dec '16 here.
14 December 2016 here...Got DM on ecas more than two weeks ago no PPR yet!

sb51

Star Member
Aug 31, 2018
Dec '16 here.
I tried almost everything.
There is not much you can do but wait.
I Contacted lawyers and they suggested me to have patience.
You can go to federal court and make a writ for mandamus.
I don't have much knowledge about mandamus but you can google it and find some related information.