None
VISA ISSUED...
None
LANDED..........
None
What is the BGIP?
On myCIC, there are two different status of background check:
1. your background check is in progress, blablabla
2. Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check
Which one is BGIP? Thanks

I am Nov 25, 2016 applicant, my status is the second one from one month ago. Medical passed end of Jan 2018

zzeinab

Feb 15, 2018
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
18-12-2016
Med's Request
18-12-2017
Med's Done....
28-12-2017
What is the BGIP?
On myCIC, there are two different status of background check:
1. your background check is in progress, blablabla
2. Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check
Which one is BGIP? Thanks

I am Nov 25, 2016 applicant, my status is the second one from one month ago. Medical passed end of Jan 2018
If the status of your Back ground check (BG) was Not applicable (NA) before, then it is changed to "in process" you are BGIP!

zzeinab

Feb 15, 2018
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
18-12-2016
Med's Request
18-12-2017
Med's Done....
28-12-2017
The scrutiny in place for PhDs is a shame for CIC... They freak out when they encounter us and send our appluapplicto CSIS for extra unnecessary measures...
That is an unfortune!

jakechen0816

Star Member
Nov 1, 2016
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
05-02-2017
Med's Request
08-01-2018
Med's Done....
05-02-2018
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
None
LANDED..........
None
If the status of your Back ground check (BG) was Not applicable (NA) before, then it is changed to "in process" you are BGIP!
Thanks, so it means my current (Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check) will keep on 2-3 month and then I may get PPR.

zzeinab

Feb 15, 2018
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
18-12-2016
Med's Request
18-12-2017
Med's Done....
28-12-2017
Thanks, so it means my current (Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check) will keep on 2-3 month and then I may get PPR.
no one knows!
BG will go to IP status two times ! They call IP1, and IP2! SO: IP1 -> NA -> IP2

If you are in IP2 (=BGIP) , you may get your ppr after a couple of hours of a couple of months!!! no one knows

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
Principal applicant received our PPR yesterday evening.

App received - 20 Oct 2016 AINP inland applicant
PPR Email - 02 March 2018

Fyi, only BGIP on MyCIC and no update or PPR message on it.

Before my spouse and I send anything, can someone tell us if we should be waiting for more than one PPR emails, or does only the principal applicant receive one?

Also, since my spouse is from a visa-required country and I am from a visa-exempt, is it true we do not simply mail both our original passports but my spouse’s original and a photocopy of my own? Does it hurt to just throw my original in there as well to cover all bases?

Thanks in advance.

And thanks for all on this thread who have shared in our journey from the beginning. These places are great to get answers from others in similar paths and to help alleviate the stress this all takes from beginning to end.
As far as I know, Principal applicant receives PPR which includes his/her dependents. Its not a two different PPR. in some cases when people add their dependent later they get PPR only for themselves. in such case you have to contact CIC to remind them about your dependent. I am not sure which case you belong to. Does your letter says anything about your spouse or dependents?

I am not 100% sure on your 2nd question. if I were u (from Visa-exempt country) I wouldn't send my PP rather only a copy.

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
Hi guys,

Just a quick question if anyone can help me that would be great!
Suppose I get my passport back from passport request already and already got immigrant visa on but I am going to Mexico in April and England in May, can I skip doing landing when coming back from Mexico and do landing after coming back from England?
Once you get immigrant Visa on your PP, and you exit after that, it will be your immigration landing whenever you renter Canada (within that specified timeline). Technical reason is your other Visa would be cancelled so you won't be having pick and choose option.

calvanize

Apr 26, 2016
Hi guys,

Just a quick question if anyone can help me that would be great!
Suppose I get my passport back from passport request already and already got immigrant visa on but I am going to Mexico in April and England in May, can I skip doing landing when coming back from Mexico and do landing after coming back from England?
did you get an answer to this?

rudxo4250

Jan 24, 2018
i apply SINP my app dec 20 2016
and i got AOR 10 Feb 2017
i got medical exam 30 jan 2018
i check my app on-line services pages still in process now
and i click 'in process'
and pop-up this message 1.Medical results have been received.
Do any take DM or PPR for app Dec 2016????

inameiname

Star Member
Jul 27, 2012
As far as I know, Principal applicant receives PPR which includes his/her dependents. Its not a two different PPR. in some cases when people add their dependent later they get PPR only for themselves. in such case you have to contact CIC to remind them about your dependent. I am not sure which case you belong to. Does your letter says anything about your spouse or dependents?

I am not 100% sure on your 2nd question. if I were u (from Visa-exempt country) I wouldn't send my PP rather only a copy.
Thank you for replying. I was worried my questions would be overlooked due to the direction this thread ended up going today.

Our application, both my spouse and I, were included from the beginning, and only the principal applicant received the PPR email. And so, with your answer to my question, it sounds like we will only get one since nothing changed from the start. I was just worried as the PPR email, Ready for Visa, only lists the UCI number for the principal applicant, not the dependent. The email does sound like we are to mail in the primary applicant and any dependents' passport/passport photocopies together, along with Annex A (inland applicant). I just noticed Annex A only lists principal applicant info, not any others.

And for second question, yes, I am from a visa-exempt country, so figured only a photocopy is required, not the original. My spouse will have to mail the original since they are from a visa-required country.

Reactions: ayaz94