Med's Request
08-01-2018
Med's Done....
15 -01-2018
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
awaited
Yes, it was like that until 2 weeks ago, but since last week, they haven't been issued the PPRs even we got the "updated" status.
Hopefully they issue them this week.
yeah- the ppr email trend has again changed, i really hope we get ppr soon now. thanks for your reply

mikybuddy

Star Member
Jan 8, 2018
Where did you hear that?
Ive heard it from (where i read it) another forum that i watch for PR updates.

I am not sure if this is true or not but someone above said that his/her app was forwarded to BC and his/her status changed to "application received."
This kinda backs up the rumor of the cic processing centre transitioning from wherever now is to BC.

rabrakha

Champion Member
Dec 4, 2013
chandigarh
Visa Office......
chandigarh
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Ainp applied 18 may 2016, File No July,15, 2016. PR applied 29 dec 2016
Doc's Request.
August 22, 2016
Nomination.....
28 Sep 2016
AOR Received.
AOR PR 15 feb 2017
IELTS Request
6(R-5.5,W-6,S-6,L-6.5)
File Transfer...
5-dec-2013-GENERAL-UNIERSITY
Med's Request
pre medical done
Med's Done....
PR Med 8 Jan 2018
Interview........
Study visa 31-dec-2013
Passport Req..
PPR PP req and DM: sep 12, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
31-dec-2013
LANDED..........
13-january-2014, PR Landing: 7 Oct,2018

I am not sure if this is true or not but someone above said that his/her app was forwarded to BC and his/her status changed to "application received."
This kinda backs up the rumor of the cic processing centre transitioning from wherever now is to BC.
But mine is still not updated. Dec 29

johnjholland1974

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
Nomination.....
18-09-2016
AOR Received.
17-02-2017
Med's Request
10-01-2018
Med's Done....
18-01-2018
Passport Req..
08-11-2018

thank you wonder if thet are a BC nominee just trying to build a pattern or if they are all going there strange

Reactions: mikybuddy

mikybuddy

Star Member
Jan 8, 2018
thank you wonder if thet are a BC nominee just trying to build a pattern or if they are all going there strange
It is quite strange that IRCC has not issued PPR for quite some time now. its not even the holiday season.. where the hell are they! lol
I really wanna apply for a job at the IRCC just to see how their process is.. really.. i just don't understand. I work in a similar (i think) patterned work place processing applications and making decisions...i just don't see where could possibly delay the process.

johnjholland1974

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
Nomination.....
18-09-2016
AOR Received.
17-02-2017
Med's Request
10-01-2018
Med's Done....
18-01-2018
Passport Req..
08-11-2018
It is quite strange that IRCC has not issued PPR for quite some time now. its not even the holiday season.. where the hell are they! lol
I really wanna apply for a job at the IRCC just to see how their process is.. really.. i just don't understand. I work in a similar (i think) patterned work place processing applications and making decisions...i just don't see where could possibly delay the process.
yeah no logical algorithm here lol

shb8602

Jan 14, 2017
Can any experts help me answer this question?

Last week, the Central Intake office in Sydney ask me for re-submit original PCC and I submitted it in same day.
In the "Review of Additional Document" section is now changed to "Not Applicable."
I can see that my "Background Check" section is "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." (I did not check "Background Check" everyday, so I don't know but seems like it was same message for a long time...)

Because they are requesting to submit original PCC from CIO, I believe they are doing the R10 Completeness check?
Is that mean I am currently in BGIP?
Or because R10 Completeness check did not finish, I am not BGIP stage yet and need to wait another few months to get PPR?

Additional Info
Based on agent in CIC, I passed both Eligibility (last week) and Medical (one month ago).

Last edited:

lileka

Sep 20, 2017
i strongly suspect they are doing Background Checks in a batch now, therefore the PPRs will come in a batch after the background checks are done (which can be seen by a 'ghost update'). I would expect the PPRs to start coming tomorrow.

chhaya12

Star Member
Feb 1, 2018
calgary
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
09-12-2016
Doc's Request.
01-06-2017 and 10-04-2018
AOR Received.
09-02-2017
Med's Request
08-01-2018
Med's Done....
15 -01-2018
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
awaited
i am an ex-immigration officer for Australian govt and trust me this process should not be lengthy. i understand that background checks can take time. but the other process should not take more than 6 months. Canadian immigration is insanely slow. it doesn't take forever to assess applicant's eligibility. :(:mad:

lileka

Sep 20, 2017
i am an ex-immigration officer for Australian govt and trust me this process should not be lengthy. i understand that background checks can take time. but the other process should not take more than 6 months. Canadian immigration is insanely slow. it doesn't take forever to assess applicant's eligibility. :(:mad:
some background checks are done in 1 day :)

another thing that's killing me is the security check. I've been in Canada for 4.5 years, having applied for multiple immigration documents: visitor visa, study permit, work permit, another visitor visa. One would assume I have passed all possible checks before applying for the PR. But they still make me wait for this last check to be done, for almost 4 months now since my eligibility and criminality have been marked as passed.

Reactions: rezmal

shb8602

Jan 14, 2017
some background checks are done in 1 day :)

another thing that's killing me is the security check. I've been in Canada for 4.5 years, having applied for multiple immigration documents: visitor visa, study permit, work permit, another visitor visa. One would assume I have passed all possible checks before applying for the PR. But they still make me wait for this last check to be done, for almost 4 months now since my eligibility and criminality have been marked as passed.
What is different between Criminal and Security check?
Does Criminal depend on PCC? What about Security?

lileka

Sep 20, 2017
What is different between Criminal and Security check?
Does Criminal depend on PCC? What about Security?
If my understanding is correct, criminality check relates to your police certificates and the check with RCMP if you are inland.
Security check pertains to the broader matter, I believe they check you through the Canadian Security Agency.

I myself don't understand why those two checks are separated and done at different stages.

shb8602

Jan 14, 2017
If my understanding is correct, criminality check relates to your police certificates and the check with RCMP if you are inland.
Security check pertains to the broader matter, I believe they check you through the Canadian Security Agency.

I myself don't understand why those two checks are separated and done at different stages.
I know! This is so stupid that make it separately...
I heard that Criminal is first stage and Security is last stage?

Reactions: lileka