Passport Req..
08-11-2018
File submitted: Dec12,2016
Aor: Jan 30,2017
Med request: January 8, 2018
Med done: Jan 19
Medical passed : Jan 26
Bg in process since : Feb 28
Does anybody having same timeline got ppr or waiting same as me !!
Yeah am a few days out and nothing so far

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
I would apply for BOWP before getting PR though, and then won't do my landing until I'm back from Mexico in August. The agent I spoke to today seemed to think that would be fine too, but I know the agents aren't always known for giving accurate info
You can use your COPR as a visa to re enter into Canada. You don't need to apply for a BOWP.

PolaMahal

Jul 8, 2016
Calgary
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17 march 2016
Doc's Request.
05 dec 2016
Nomination.....
07 dec 2016
AOR Received.
09 feb 2017
Med's Request
08-01-2018
Med's Done....
12-01-2018
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Waiting
File submitted: Dec12,2016
Aor: Jan 30,2017
Med request: January 8, 2018
Med done: Jan 19
Medical passed : Jan 26
Bg in process since : Feb 28
Does anybody having same timeline got ppr or waiting same as me !!
Same14th dec aor feb 02. MR: 8th jan 2018.
Done: 12th jan. BG: 27th feb. Still waiting☹

Reactions: johnjholland1974

BCBaby

Jul 25, 2014
You can use your COPR as a visa to re enter into Canada. You don't need to apply for a BOWP.
I think you can only use the COPR if you are driving into Canada, we are flying and they don't let you board the plane unless you have an eta (which you cannot have if you are a PR) so I think the only way round it would be to wait to get our PR status by using a BOWP, our UK passports and the etas we currently currently have as they are still valid

bigooo

Mar 1, 2018
oh no, I'm in the same position! I am still waiting, still in the background check stage but our working visas expire on July 17th. We are due to get married back home in Scotland in July, return to Canada and then honeymoon Mexico in August before returning to Canada again. I guess if we don't have our PR cards by then, we won't be able to get in. If we don't have PPR in time, could we apply for a bridging visa and then not do landing until August?
I just got my passport back today. It stamps an entry visa that expires almost 9 months later. And, I asked my agent. She told me as long as I don't lose my job before my landing, then it shouldn't be any issue.

ChrisCornel

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
I just got my passport back today. It stamps an entry visa that expires almost 9 months later. And, I asked my agent. She told me as long as I don't lose my job before my landing, then it shouldn't be any issue.
When did they recieved your PP ? And when did your mycic updated to approved? Still waiting for my PP back here...

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
I think you can only use the COPR if you are driving into Canada, we are flying and they don't let you board the plane unless you have an eta (which you cannot have if you are a PR) so I think the only way round it would be to wait to get our PR status by using a BOWP, our UK passports and the etas we currently currently have as they are still valid
When you submit your passport after PR approval. CIC in Ottawa will issue PR visa stamp for those who need visa to enter Canada which they will need to submit passport for PR visa stamping. When they get their passport back, it will come with PR visa and COPR letter which they can use to reenter into Canada by plane or car.

Unlike applicants who don't need a visa to travel to Canada ( or ETA), they just need to submit copy of passport. And CIC will issue PR visa on the copy of passport with COPR.

All you need to show the airline companies is the PR visa on your passport and they will let you board. That's how my sister did her landing.

BCBaby

Jul 25, 2014
When you submit your passport after PR approval. CIC in Ottawa will issue PR visa stamp for those who need visa to enter Canada which they will need to submit passport for PR visa stamping. When they get their passport back, it will come with PR visa and COPR letter which they can use to reenter into Canada by plane or car.

Unlike applicants who don't need a visa to travel to Canada ( or ETA), they just need to submit copy of passport. And CIC will issue PR visa on the copy of passport with COPR.

All you need to show the airline companies is the PR visa on your passport and they will let you board. That's how my sister did her landing.
Thanks. So this will be fine for our first trip (we have a return ticket from Vancouver to the UK in July) but we also have a return from Vancouver to Mexico in August. So the landing could be done on the way back from the UK in July but we'd have problems going to Mexico I think, because you can't do your landing twice, and you can't get an eta by that point because you're a PR. If we had bridging visas, we could enter Canada from the UK on that status, and do our landing when we return to Canada from Mexico in August?

7appatel

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney,NS (Inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-12-2016
Nomination.....
22-12-2016 (sinp)
AOR Received.
05-02-2017
Thanks. So this will be fine for our first trip (we have a return ticket from Vancouver to the UK in July) but we also have a return from Vancouver to Mexico in August. So the landing could be done on the way back from the UK in July but we'd have problems going to Mexico I think, because you can't do your landing twice, and you can't get an eta by that point because you're a PR. If we had bridging visas, we could enter Canada from the UK on that status, and do our landing when we return to Canada from Mexico in August?

You can apply for a permanent resident travel document if you:
  • are a permanent resident,
  • do not have a valid PR card showing your PR status,
  • are outside Canada, and
  • will return to Canada by airplane, boat, train or bus.
first finish your landing while you are in canada and apply for pr travel document while you are in uk and then go to mexico and return to canada on pr travel document
for more info visit :
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-travel-document.html

BCBaby

Jul 25, 2014
You can apply for a permanent resident travel document if you:
  • are a permanent resident,
  • do not have a valid PR card showing your PR status,
  • are outside Canada, and
  • will return to Canada by airplane, boat, train or bus.
first finish your landing while you are in canada and apply for pr travel document while you are in uk and then go to mexico and return to canada on pr travel document
for more info visit :
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-travel-document.html
thanks! I'm not sure I can do that either though as we are flying home to Scotland for a week only, the VAC office is in England and we are only in Scotland for a week so it wouldn't be processed in time. I'm hoping we get PPR by the end of April and that should give us enough time to get our PR cards before we leave to go to Scotland in July