Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
jimmylama88 said:
Thanks! Well explained. So you're saying that if they received my medicals Jan 11 I should expect to here from them (PPR) roughly around March 11?
If our gcms notes that we applied this month shows that medical, eligibility and criminality are passed then we should expect it in 1-2 months.
Hopefully May2015 files have been reviewed by now (or at least will be finished reviewing by this month as we could still see some of May applicants are getting additional/missing docs) so that it goes to final stage next month. Good luck buddies. Few more weeks of waiting. ;) :D

lifeonedge

May 19, 2015
AB
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2015
Doc's Request.
all provided
Nomination.....
29-04-2015
AOR Received.
04-08-2015
IELTS Request
provided with application
Med's Request
23-12-2015
Med's Done....
30-12-2015
Interview........
exempt
Passport Req..
15-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
In Canada since 2008
LANDED..........
30-04-2016
harirajmohan said:
If our gcms notes that we applied this month shows that medical, eligibility and criminality are passed then we should expect it in 1-2 months.
Hopefully May2015 files have been reviewed by now (or at least will be finished reviewing by this month as we could still see some of May applicants are getting additional/missing docs) so that it goes to final stage next month. Good luck buddies. Few more weeks of waiting. ;) :D
Upfront medicals definitely decreased the processing time for 2 applicants in this forum. I called CIC last week and the agent was very helpful. She looked into my file and said that they didn't need any additional docs at the moment, but didn't go much in detail. Lets hope for the best. :)

jimmylama88

Star Member
Aug 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-May-2015
AOR Received.
31-July-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
28-Dec-2015
Passport Req..
25-May-2016
lifeonedge said:
Upfront medicals definitely decreased the processing time for 2 applicants in this forum. I called CIC last week and the agent was very helpful. She looked into my file and said that they didn't need any additional docs at the moment, but didn't go much in detail. Lets hope for the best. :)
What's your timeline? May I ask which number you called for Sydney VO? Thanks in advance! :)

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
lifeonedge said:
Upfront medicals definitely decreased the processing time for 2 applicants in this forum. I called CIC last week and the agent was very helpful. She looked into my file and said that we don't need any additional docs from you at this moment, but didn't go much in detail. Lets hope for the best. :)
Good that you came to know on the outstanding documents of your file.
Yes let us see how it turns out next month but still March and April ones are yet to get finalized (hopefully they start in 2 weeks).

I tried to call the call center twice but no luck - they are just not ready to look into the file ::) instead they say that if medical received online then its received for all and if you there is any outstanding documents from my side then the visa office will contact me.

lifeonedge

May 19, 2015
AB
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2015
Doc's Request.
all provided
Nomination.....
29-04-2015
AOR Received.
04-08-2015
IELTS Request
Med's Request
23-12-2015
Med's Done....
30-12-2015
Interview........
exempt
Passport Req..
15-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
In Canada since 2008
LANDED..........
30-04-2016
jimmylama88 said:
What's your timeline? May I ask which number you called for Sydney VO? Thanks in advance! :)
My timeline is just under my profile name. I think you should put your timeline dates as well. :) Same number that's in CIC's website. I just got lucky that day I believe.

lifeonedge

May 19, 2015
AB
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2015
Doc's Request.
all provided
Nomination.....
29-04-2015
AOR Received.
04-08-2015
IELTS Request
Med's Request
23-12-2015
Med's Done....
30-12-2015
Interview........
exempt
Passport Req..
15-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
In Canada since 2008
LANDED..........
30-04-2016
harirajmohan said:
Good that you came to know on the outstanding documents of your file.
Yes let us see how it turns out next month but still March and April ones are yet to get finalized (hopefully they start in 2 weeks).

I tried to call the call center twice but no luck - they are just not ready to look into the file ::) instead they say that if medical received online then its received for all and if you there is any outstanding documents from my side then the visa office will contact me.
That's right my friend. I think I just got lucky. :)

Gagan292

Oct 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6 April 2017
AOR Received.
5 May 2017
jimmylama88 said:
Thanks! Well explained. So you're saying that if they received my medicals Jan 11 I should expect to here from them (PPR) roughly around March 11?
As per my experience, starting from EP, As per GCMS notes. All these modules Eligibility, Medical, Criminality and Security have update date which is the same as the day you get EP. Which means they started your processing of the file from that day. All these modules have their due date for 1 year. For example if your EP comes in September 2015 then your due date for all these four modules will be September 2016 for the officer to get it completed.
The reason for a delay in your application is if they don't receive your all the documents within that much period.

First they start with eligibility in which I think they check that no misrepresentation is there. Also what kind of economic class the applicant applied for. If you applied under PNP they put information like PNP certificate number and it's due date, so that way they know the applicant is eligible for the next step. Other information I know is if you have assigned a representative to send your file then they will update his/her name, address, email and also agents registration number. So that way they check the applicant is eligible to get medicals.

Then next part comes is medicals, which now a days you are receiving after approx 7 months from the date of EP. After this comes is Criminality which takes additional 2 months.
As per my GCMS notes, my medicals were passed on Sep 18 and right after they changed the updated date for Criminality and assigned that as passed in November which is another 2 months for completion after medicals are passed.

The last part is security which they don't even started as in my GCMS notes it only shows the update date starting same as my EP date.
As per my GCMS notes, they completed my request for GCMS notes on Dec 16 , 2015. I ordered them on Dec 15, 2015 and got them on Jan 15, 2016 in which Security part was not started. So according to my views Security part takes additional 2-3 months after your Criminality is passed as in my GCMS notes date issued Dec 16 so medicals passed Nov 18 which is around 1 month and nothing happened in security part. Which I am hoping is done by now and I am expecting to get PPR any day now.

And jimmylama88 you should expect to get your PPR in the month of May or June if they have same number of applications in queue. And as per your MR I think you filled your application in May 2015. But we don't know the way CIC works you might get it early than that if you are lucky ;)

I hope everyone's doubts are cleared.
Good luck all for your PPR's :D

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Gagan292 said:
As per my experience, starting from EP, As per GCMS notes. All these modules Eligibility, Medical, Criminality and Security have update date which is the same as the day you get EP. Which means they started your processing of the file from that day. All these modules have their due date for 1 year. For example if your EP comes in September 2015 then your due date for all these four modules will be September 2016 for the officer to get it completed.
The reason for a delay in your application is if they don't receive your all the documents within that much period.

First they start with eligibility in which I think they check that no misrepresentation is there. Also what kind of economic class the applicant applied for. If you applied under PNP they put information like PNP certificate number and it's due date, so that way they know the applicant is eligible for the next step. Other information I know is if you have assigned a representative to send your file then they will update his/her name, address, email and also agents registration number. So that way they check the applicant is eligible to get medicals.

Then next part comes is medicals, which now a days you are receiving after approx 7 months from the date of EP. After this comes is Criminality which takes additional 2 months.
As per my GCMS notes, my medicals were passed on Sep 18 and right after they changed the updated date for Criminality and assigned that as passed in November which is another 2 months for completion after medicals are passed.

The last part is security which they don't even started as in my GCMS notes it only shows the update date starting same as my EP date.
As per my GCMS notes, they completed my request for GCMS notes on Dec 16 , 2015. I ordered them on Dec 15, 2015 and got them on Jan 15, 2016 in which Security part was not started. So according to my views Security part takes additional 2-3 months after your Criminality is passed as in my GCMS notes date issued Dec 16 so medicals passed Nov 18 which is around 1 month and nothing happened in security part. Which I am hoping is done by now and I am expecting to get PPR any day now.

And jimmylama88 you should expect to get your PPR in the month of May or June if they have same number of applications in queue. And as per your MR I think you filled your application in May 2015. But we don't know the way CIC works you might get it early than that if you are lucky ;)

I hope everyone's doubts are cleared.
Good luck all for your PPR's :D
Thanks Gagan for providing the detail with reference from your gcms notes.
I wish visa office does criminality check too during the initial period instead of waiting around till the meds period. May be they think that candidates have 12 months validity for visa hence doing things slowly..... ??? or may be they know for sure that it wont take more than few weeks to complete.

Good luck to you as you are also waiting on DM/PPR. Hopefully they clear all Jan and Feb ones in 1-2 weeks so that they get to Mar and Apr next month (we want to get in line ;) :D ).

camyhome

Nov 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 17, 2015
Nomination.....
June 2014
AOR Received.
December 8, 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
Soon .....
harirajmohan said:
I wish visa office does criminality check too during the initial period instead of waiting around till the meds period. May be they think that candidates have 12 months validity for visa hence doing things slowly..... ???

Good luck to you as you are also waiting on DM/PPR. Hopefully they clear all Jan and Feb ones in 1-2 weeks so that they get to Mar and Apr next month (we want to get in line ;) :D ).
What is EP?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
camyhome said:
What is EP?
File number(which starts with letters EP).

camyhome

Nov 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 17, 2015
Nomination.....
June 2014
AOR Received.
December 8, 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
Soon .....
harirajmohan said:
File number(which starts with letters EP).
Oh yeah,

Thank you dear

Gagan292

Oct 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6 April 2017
AOR Received.
5 May 2017
harirajmohan said:
I wish visa office does criminality check too during the initial period instead of waiting around till the meds period. May be they think that candidates have 12 months validity for visa hence doing things slowly..... ??? or may be they know for sure that it wont take more than few weeks to complete.

Thanks harirajmohan.. And yes we don't know how CIC works. They work different ways. Sometimes if an applicant did upfront medical then they start from there and in some cases it changes.

But as far as I know... Most of the applications they follow from Eligibility, Medical, Criminality, Any additional documents request and then Security part.

Gagan292

Oct 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6 April 2017
AOR Received.
5 May 2017
harirajmohan said:

And I saw you applied for your GCMS notes. I hope you will have everything passed except security part. As I have seen you done your Medicals and also sent additional documents requested by them.

jimmylama88

Star Member
Aug 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-May-2015
AOR Received.
31-July-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
28-Dec-2015
Passport Req..
25-May-2016
harirajmohan said:

Thanks Gagan and harirajmohan. Let's see what they do. I applied for GCMS notes Feb 13 so I'm expecting them before March 15. I know something: I renewed my work permit last July (2015) and the officer told me he would only renew it for a year. I told him if he could do 18 months and he said not necessary. That I would definitely get PR before July this year (he knew I applied for PR in May). From all my friends who got sponsored by my same company to immigrate, I can tell you it's accurate to expect an average processing of 10-11 months with current conditions. A couple of friends from within the company got theirs as early as 8 months! One who took the longest was 13 months (but he had complications with his passport since he is from the part of Ukraine that was invaded by Putin and now is claimed as part of Russia). As to my own case, I can best compare to my twin sister's case who also got sponsored under the same company and same exact position: her case took exactly 11 months from the moment she sent the application till she landed. And that's considering she made a mistake in her application which caused it to get sent back and her having to resend it (which delayed it a whole month). This was last year.

So let's see. Conditions are always changing and hard to know how CiC works exactly like you said. I just hope we all see our PPRs early March.

March 22 marks 10 months since they received my application.

yaanlpc

Mar 24, 2014
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015 (cic)
Doc's Request.
14-02-2016
Nomination.....
05-05-2015
AOR Received.
05-Aug-2015
IELTS Request
25-05-2015
Med's Request
23-12-2015
Med's Done....
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2016, xPresspost activated 16th.
LANDED..........
24-09-2016
I am requested to submit a couple of police certificates in 60 days and other documents, one including PCC from FBI, however, the current processing time in FBI is 13 to 15 weeks. Looks like I am not able to catch up with date. Anyone know how to respond to CIC for this issue?

I am really concerned. Help me plz!!!