sb51

Star Member
Aug 31, 2018
Aug 31st , 2016.
Added my Wife in Feb 2017 in my File.

Second Medical Done Dec 15th and passed on Dec 20th
Got "Ghost Update" on 6th Jan, 2019
and Today 10th Jan, 2019 I got "Decision Made"

Anyone please tell me how long it takes to get Passport Request after DM.

Thanks
I got DM on November 20 2018
No PPR yet

S3ns0r

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-08-2016
Doc's Request.
20-01-2017, 26-07-2018
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
31-07-2018
Med's Request
07-11-2017 ; 21-12-2018
Med's Done....
15-11-2017 ; 03-01-2019
Interview........
21-02-2019
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2019
LANDED..........
inland applicant

sb51

Star Member
Aug 31, 2018
have you tried to call? doesn't look like it's normal
I called several times
E-mailed local office where my file is being processed
They said landing appointment will be in jan/feb 2019, send us reminder if you don’t receive anything by the end of December.
Sent them reminder this month
Got another email
You will be scheduled in feb send us reminder if you don’t receive anything by the end of January.

xlu

Star Member
Apr 30, 2016
I called several times
E-mailed local office where my file is being processed
They said landing appointment will be in jan/feb 2019, send us reminder if you don’t receive anything by the end of December.
Sent them reminder this month
Got another email
You will be scheduled in feb send us reminder if you don’t receive anything by the end of January.
Well, at least you heard something.

They never answer my call. Always said it experienced high volumes of calls then hang up.

S3ns0r

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-08-2016
Doc's Request.
20-01-2017, 26-07-2018
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
31-07-2018
Med's Request
07-11-2017 ; 21-12-2018
Med's Done....
15-11-2017 ; 03-01-2019
Interview........
21-02-2019
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2019
LANDED..........
inland applicant
Well, at least you heard something.

They never answer my call. Always said it experienced high volumes of calls then hang up.
you need to try multiple times this is the only way to go through. I called them yesterday they told me my application is awaiting for final review and decision. Which I guess means background check is done.

S3ns0r

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-08-2016
Doc's Request.
20-01-2017, 26-07-2018
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
31-07-2018
Med's Request
07-11-2017 ; 21-12-2018
Med's Done....
15-11-2017 ; 03-01-2019
Interview........
21-02-2019
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2019
LANDED..........
inland applicant
Just received email saying my file is completed! yay! received it through GC account, no DM on ECAS.
I guess their rules have been changed the letter stating that I don't need to leave the country for landing and don't need to send the passport that sounds great. it's been a long wait (29 months), good luck everyone and be patient it's going to come!

if anyone interested in letter :

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. You must complete the following steps within 7 days in order for your Confirmation of Permanent Residence to be issued. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately by e-mail to: CIC-OTTAWA-IMMIGRATION@cic.gc.ca with details concerning your situation. The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship (IRCC) office responsible for issuing you a Confirmation of Permanent Residence will contact you shortly to arrange an appointment for your landing.

If you and all family members included in the application are in Canada, you are not required to submit your passports or apply for an authorization to enter the country. The IRCC office responsible for issuing your Confirmation of Permanent Residence will contact you to make an appointment to finalize your application.

Last edited:

EGY2017

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
Just received email saying my file is completed! yay! received it through GC account, no DM on ECAS.
I guess their rules have been changed the letter stating that I don't need to leave the country for landing and don't need to send the passport that sounds great. it's been a long wait (29 months), good luck everyone and be patient it's going to come!

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. You must complete the following steps within 7 days in order for your Confirmation of Permanent Residence to be issued. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately by e-mail to: CIC-OTTAWA-IMMIGRATION@cic.gc.ca with details concerning your situation. The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship (IRCC) office responsible for issuing you a Confirmation of Permanent Residence will contact you shortly to arrange an appointment for your landing.

If you and all family members included in the application are in Canada, you are not required to submit your passports or apply for an authorization to enter the country. The IRCC office responsible for issuing your Confirmation of Permanent Residence will contact you to make an appointment to finalize your application.
Sounds good and I hope you will get your PR soon but I have a question: what the following steps that you will following next?
Onemore question, is your medical expired? Then extended or not? Because mine is expired and by the way, I have passed all of the steps and waiting now for DM. What do you think they’ll extend or request new one?

S3ns0r

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-08-2016
Doc's Request.
20-01-2017, 26-07-2018
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
31-07-2018
Med's Request
07-11-2017 ; 21-12-2018
Med's Done....
15-11-2017 ; 03-01-2019
Interview........
21-02-2019
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2019
LANDED..........
inland applicant
Sounds good and I hope you will get your PR soon but I have a question: what the following steps that you will following next?
Onemore question, is your medical expired? Then extended or not? Because mine is expired and by the way, I have passed all of the steps and waiting now for DM. What do you think they’ll extend or request new one?
I have passed the medical exam in January, it expired and they requested to pass it again.

These are the steps they sent me :

STEP 1: UPDATE YOUR APPLICATION
If any of the following conditions apply, you must inform us immediately via e-mail to: CIC-OTTAWAIMMIGRATION@
cic.gc.ca.
 Marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation;
 Death of the sponsor, the principal applicant or any accompanying family member;
 Birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children;
 You, the principal applicant, or any of your family members have been charged or convicted of a criminal offence.

STEP 2: CONFIRM YOUR PLACE OF RESIDENCE
If you and all family members included in the application are in Canada, you are not required to submit your
passports or apply for an authorization to enter the country. The IRCC office responsible for issuing your Confirmation of
Permanent Residence will contact you to make an appointment to finalize your application.
If you and/or your family members are NOT currently residing in Canada, you need to advise us of your current
place of residence as this may impact the issuing procedures of your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and/or visa.
Please advise us immediately by e-mail to: CIC-OTTAWA-IMMIGRATION@cic.gc.ca
***Please note that Confirmation of Permanent Residence and permanent residence visas cannot be issued to holders of
Diplomatic, Official or Military passports. You must have an ordinary passport.***

STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS
When you receive communication from the responsible IRCC office for your appointment, please make sure to
bring the following documents:
1. Original Passport(s) for all people included in the application.
2. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. See our specifications at:
www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

Last edited:

EGY2017

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
I have passed the medical exam in January, it expired and they requested to pass it again.

These are the steps they sent me :

STEP 1: UPDATE YOUR APPLICATION
If any of the following conditions apply, you must inform us immediately via e-mail to: CIC-OTTAWAIMMIGRATION@
cic.gc.ca.
 Marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation;
 Death of the sponsor, the principal applicant or any accompanying family member;
 Birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children;
 You, the principal applicant, or any of your family members have been charged or convicted of a criminal offence.

STEP 2: CONFIRM YOUR PLACE OF RESIDENCE
If you and all family members included in the application are in Canada, you are not required to submit your
passports or apply for an authorization to enter the country. The IRCC office responsible for issuing your Confirmation of
Permanent Residence will contact you to make an appointment to finalize your application.
If you and/or your family members are NOT currently residing in Canada, you need to advise us of your current
place of residence as this may impact the issuing procedures of your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and/or visa.
Please advise us immediately by e-mail to: CIC-OTTAWA-IMMIGRATION@cic.gc.ca
***Please note that Confirmation of Permanent Residence and permanent residence visas cannot be issued to holders of
Diplomatic, Official or Military passports. You must have an ordinary passport.***

STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS
When you receive communication from the responsible IRCC office for your appointment, please make sure to
bring the following documents:
1. Original Passport(s) for all people included in the application.
2. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. See our specifications at:
www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf
Thank you very much for your reply.
I got two updates; one in Dec.31, 2018 and it was related to security....completed and passed. The second was in Jan. 14, 2019, followed by change the medical passed ....to You do not need a medical exam and if something change, they will send a message. Till today, they never asked me to repeat the medical exam. Did you have the same situation that I have? or they asked you to repeat medical exam without any profile update?

Aziz123

Oct 8, 2018
My parents medical also expired in 27 december 2018 still they didn't request.
And i heard from my MP for PR they didn't extend medical they will request another medical exam when ur application has been completed.
pass eligibility.
pass medical.
pass criminality verifications.
except security: I heard today that there has been some more progress made on your family’s security verification. It is not yet finished, but there has been some progress.

Unfortunately we are around 8 months in seucity screening i don't know when it will be finished...:(

Aziz123

Oct 8, 2018

congratulations. (29 months) long wait but from when u count from medical or when u applied total 29 months ?

Reactions: S3ns0r

antonpa

Star Member
Jul 17, 2018
Nova Scotia
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-08-2016
AOR Received.
28-11-2016
Med's Request
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
25-11-2017
Passport Req..
30-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2019

Great news! Wow! Congratulations!

Reactions: S3ns0r

S3ns0r

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-08-2016
Doc's Request.
20-01-2017, 26-07-2018
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
31-07-2018
Med's Request
07-11-2017 ; 21-12-2018
Med's Done....
15-11-2017 ; 03-01-2019
Interview........
21-02-2019
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2019
LANDED..........
inland applicant
or they asked you to repeat medical exam without any profile update?
yes they just requested it on December 21 2018 without any updates
congratulations. (29 months) long wait but from when u count from medical or when u applied total 29 months ?
thank you, from the date I have applied for PR it was August 2016.
Great news! Wow! Congratulations!
Thanks a lot! I hope you get your PR soon!

S3ns0r

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-08-2016
Doc's Request.
20-01-2017, 26-07-2018
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
31-07-2018
Med's Request
07-11-2017 ; 21-12-2018
Med's Done....
15-11-2017 ; 03-01-2019
Interview........
21-02-2019
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2019
LANDED..........
inland applicant
and decision made this morning, that's what I've been waiting for and all of us yes!

Aziz123

Oct 8, 2018
yes they just requested it on December 21 2018 without any updates

thank you, from the date I have applied for PR it was August 2016.

Thanks a lot! I hope you get your PR soon!
1 We received your application for permanent residence on October 21, 2010.
2 We started processing your application on July 6, 2017.
3 We sent you correspondence on July 6, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
4 We sent you correspondence on November 7, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
5 We sent you medical instructions on November 9, 2017. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
6 Medical results have been received.
7Our records indicate that the correspondence sent on December 7, 2018 was to request the Right of Permanent Resident Fee. However, it is no longer necessary since the payment was received.
They reply: today that there has been some more progress made on your family’s security verification. It is not yet finished, but there has been some progress.
Just Received RPRF in 3 demcber 2018 which i paid next day.
my parents medical expired in 27 demcber 2018 still im waiting for my ppr i don't know what they r doing with my applicaiton ? im tird of wait n wait