AOR Received.
15-03-2017
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
28-02-2018
Med's Done....
upfront
Thanks, really do not know what to do. I do not know where it was written. That really sucks and I have no idea what to do. Could not they just ask for extra documentation instead of refusing?
They could if they cared about us. Obviously that's not the case.
Is your current work permit already expired?

MarsiaMS

Jul 5, 2016
Northern British Columbia
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
15-03-2017
IELTS Request
Med's Request
28-02-2018
Med's Done....
upfront
Yes, I was in implied status :-(
Well, that sucks. Your best bet may be to apply for restoration of status and take a leave from work in the meantime.

MarsiaMS

Jul 5, 2016
Northern British Columbia
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
15-03-2017
IELTS Request
Med's Request
28-02-2018
Med's Done....
upfront
Does it mean I have to apply two separate applications? What kind of work permit I should apply now?
I've never applied for restoration, so I'm not sure how that process looks like, sorry

Reactions: gustoronto

S3ns0r

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-08-2016
Doc's Request.
20-01-2017, 26-07-2018
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
31-07-2018
Med's Request
07-11-2017 ; 21-12-2018
Med's Done....
15-11-2017 ; 03-01-2019
Interview........
21-02-2019
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2019
LANDED..........
inland applicant
Does it mean I have to apply two separate applications? What kind of work permit I should apply now?
Hi yes you will need to apply for restoration of status and work permit. it's the same one application. When you do questionnaire you just indicate that you status is expired and then it will ask you if you want to restore your status. You can't work , quit the day you received the letter, take vacation or whatever you can from your current job. I hope you're not gonna lose your job because it's going to take about 2 months to get work permit back. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions. I got refusal letter on September 25 and I received work permit on November 26. So it literally took 2 months , I tried to speed up the application by sending them letters from my employer and my mp nothing makes it faster.

gustoronto

Jan 8, 2019
Hi yes you will need to apply for restoration of status and work permit. it's the same one application. When you do questionnaire you just indicate that you status is expired and then it will ask you if you want to restore your status. You can't work , quit the day you received the letter, take vacation or whatever you can from your current job. I hope you're not gonna lose it because it's going to take about 2 month to get it back. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions
Thanks, I am a full time college professor in probationary period, and I believe IRCC just ruined my career. I do not think they will apply for LMIA, so what kind of work permit I should apply?

Reactions: MarsiaMS

S3ns0r

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-08-2016
Doc's Request.
20-01-2017, 26-07-2018
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
31-07-2018
Med's Request
07-11-2017 ; 21-12-2018
Med's Done....
15-11-2017 ; 03-01-2019
Interview........
21-02-2019
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2019
LANDED..........
inland applicant
Thanks, I am a full time college professor in probationary period, and I believe IRCC just ruined my career. I do not think they will apply for LMIA, so what kind of work permit I should apply?
yeah I know same was for me , I really though I'm going to lose my job. It is not indicated anywhere that we need to pay fees again when submitting new application for an extension of work permit. I applied for extension of existing work permit with same employer, if that is going to help somehow. You can always call IRCC and talk to them but they usually say everything that is on the website.

gustoronto

Jan 8, 2019
yeah I know same was for me , I really though I'm going to lose my job. It is not indicated anywhere that we need to pay fees again when submitting new application for an extension of work permit. I applied for extension of existing work with same employer, if that is going to help somehow. You can always call IRCC and talk to them but they usually say everything that is on the website.
Did they go through LMIA process for you? That is something I probably will ask, but I think they probably refuse, because I think they have to advertise and interview with PR and Canadians and then provide reasons why they choose me. Complicated process and I think it is easier for then just get rid of me. Am I correct regarding the new work permit procedure with previous employer?

S3ns0r

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-08-2016
Doc's Request.
20-01-2017, 26-07-2018
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
31-07-2018
Med's Request
07-11-2017 ; 21-12-2018
Med's Done....
15-11-2017 ; 03-01-2019
Interview........
21-02-2019
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2019
LANDED..........
inland applicant
Did they go through LMIA process for you? That is something I probably will ask, but I think they probably refuse, because I think they have to advertise and interview with PR and Canadians and then provide reasons why they choose me. Complicated process and I think it is easier for then just get rid of me. Am I correct regarding the new work permit procedure with previous employer?
I was LMIA exempt but my boss needed to apply for LMIA exempt anyway it's easier than getting LMIA but still some stuff to do. you mentioned that you have applied for PR and you were nominated so why then you need an LMIA? can you apply for work permit using your province nomination?

gustoronto

Jan 8, 2019
I was LMIA exempt but my boss needed to apply for LMIA exempt anyway it's easier than getting LMIA but still some stuff to do. you mentioned that you have applied for PR and you were nominated so why then you need an LMIA? can you apply for work permit using your province nomination?
Yes I am nominated by Ontario because of my PhD graduation from Toronto. It is also strange for me why I got refused however I provided all nominee letters. The reason provided is regarding LMIA, exactly what you stated. They just asked me to apply for restoration and I am not sure how to restore work permit without LMIA. It is so confusing. A lawyer told me to apply for becoming a visitor to stay in Canada until they will provide PR, or become a full time student to be eligible to work again which is ridiculous. I am thinking about visiting scholar position unless there is a way I can continue working at college.

Reactions: S3ns0r

ZAJAMIL

Jan 5, 2015
Bangladesh
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
june 20 ,2016
Doc's Request.
no
Nomination.....
nominated january 20 , 2017
AOR Received.
March 31 , 2017
IELTS Request
send with application
File Transfer...
May 09 , 2017
Med's Request
no
Med's Done....
no
Interview........
yes
Passport Req..
no
VISA ISSUED...
no
LANDED..........
no
spore.immigration@international.gc.ca
To zuber
Tuesday, 8 January, 2019 11:51

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your enquiry to the Migration Section of the High Commission of Canada to Singapore.

This application has been queued for a further comprehensive review. Once the further review has been completed on this application, we will contact the applicant to advise the outcome of the review and/or any subsequent steps in the processing of the application. If your address, email or other contact information changes during processing, you must inform this office in writing.

We are striving to make the processing of our applications as efficient as possible. Please note that changes in the volume of new applications received, annual quotas and the resources available to process them, can lead to longer processing times. Furthermore, some applications, owing to their complexity, take longer to process than others.

Information on application processing times can be found here. Applicants can check the status of their case on the IRCC online account.

We hope this information will be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) / Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada (IRCC) | PSM
High Commission of Canada, Singapore / Haut commissariat du Canada, Singapour
......any one tell me what mean "comprehensive review" till now as per above mail after adr submit in May 2018 but no MR till now . how can know the clarification of this. and where I Write ...local MP, IRCC minister Hussain or use web form.

S3ns0r

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-08-2016
Doc's Request.
20-01-2017, 26-07-2018
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
31-07-2018
Med's Request
07-11-2017 ; 21-12-2018
Med's Done....
15-11-2017 ; 03-01-2019
Interview........
21-02-2019
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2019
LANDED..........
inland applicant
Yes I am nominated by Ontario because of my PhD graduation from Toronto. It is also strange for me why I got refused however I provided all nominee letters. The reason provided is regarding LMIA, exactly what you stated. They just asked me to apply for restoration and I am not sure how to restore work permit without LMIA. It is so confusing. A lawyer told me to apply for becoming a visitor to stay in Canada until they will provide PR, or become a full time student to be eligible to work again which is ridiculous. I am thinking about visiting scholar position unless there is a way I can continue working at college.
can you post your refusal letter here? just remove your personal info
this was my refusal letter:

[X] On February 21, 2015, regulations pertaining to employers hiring Labour Market Impact Assessment exempt foreign nationals under the International Mobility Program (IMP) came into effect:
• Before the foreign national makes their application for a work permit, the employer must submit an Offer of Employment to the Minister using the electronic system made available by the Department for that purpose;
• Employers must pay the employer compliance fee of $230.00, unless they are exempt from the fee requirement under subsection R303.1(5).

gustoronto

Jan 8, 2019
can you post your refusal letter here? just remove your personal info
this was my refusal letter:

[X] On February 21, 2015, regulations pertaining to employers hiring Labour Market Impact Assessment exempt foreign nationals under the International Mobility Program (IMP) came into effect:
• Before the foreign national makes their application for a work permit, the employer must submit an Offer of Employment to the Minister using the electronic system made available by the Department for that purpose;
• Employers must pay the employer compliance fee of $230.00, unless they are exempt from the fee requirement under subsection R303.1(5).

As of November 21, 2015, all employers under the IMP must submit the Offer of Employment/information and the employer compliance fee using the Employer Portal. However, there may be emergency situations where the employer has been authorized to submit the Offer of Employment to a Foreign National Exempt from a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) form [IMM 5802] using the email submission method.
As you have not provided the Offer of Employment (Labour Market Impact Assessment [LMIA] - exempt) ID number with your work permit application which includes the $230.00 employer compliance fee, your application has been refused under R200(3)(f.1).
For further information regarding the new Regulations can be found at http://www.cic.gc.ca/
[X] We also wish to advise you that your temporary resident status expired on January 8, 2019.
You may apply for restoration if, within 90 days from the expiry of your temporary resident status, you submit:
 a completed application form;
 applicable fees for restoration and for the immigration document(s). Payments should be made online at www.cic.gc.ca. When you are finished, you must print the receipt of payment and include it with your application.
 all required documents in support of your application.
Please consult the section “Restoration of status” in the application guide: “Applying to change conditions or extend your stay in Canada”. Restoration applies to each member who has lost his or her status. Please note that there is no guarantee your application will be accepted.
Should you choose not to apply for restoration of your status, you will remain a person without legal Temporary Resident Status and as such will be required to leave Canada immediately. If you do not leave Canada voluntarily, enforcement action may be taken against you.

Reactions: S3ns0r