AOR Received.
17-02-2017
Med's Request
10-01-2018
Med's Done....
18-01-2018
Passport Req..
08-11-2018
Did you guys from 2016 lived in another country, other than your home country and Canada, before?

Trying to figure it out why.
nope always the UK

TommySan

Aug 18, 2017
Ontario
Hi, guys, I checked some of the posts made by people with delayed applications. Let's get some stuff clear. I'll give two examples:

- A person added the spouse 1 year later and the new documents were requested, as well as proof of relationship, which his/her lawyer sent 5 months after the request. The request was made in September, but the documents were sent in March. Thus, this adds 5 months of delay in there, plus a background of the spouse that started 1 year after the application, or maybe only now in March 2018, after the additional documents were sent. If it takes about 2 years for a normal person nomination, for this applicant, these 2 years may have started counting in March. That person must get ready for more medicals in case he/she sent them before, new police certificates, updated schedule A, IELTs, new proof of funds, updated jobs and addresses lived, jobs... basically everything again.
For me, I can't stress how easy it is to prove I'm married and I wonder why someone would take 5 months to do that. It raises flags for me, and also for CIC. I would change my lawyer. This person's case is very unfortunate.
---- for every check where they need additional documents, you get back to the start of the line and it adds about 2 months to your processing time. It is the website: To avoid delays, send all documents, be truthful and complete.

- Another guy's delay: In this case, this person changed jobs after getting a nomination and did not notify either the province, or cic, or both. This was done - or not, the post was asking for advice - 7 months after that, because he needed an BOWP, or something similar. I couldn't follow all the story and don't know if it he/she had a nomination from a job offer stream which would lock the applicant to the employer. Even if the nomination is not locked to an employers, when you change jobs, your job history changes, and you have to update your documents. Don't wait for a request and be proactive, use the webform and upload the documents to notify CIC.
Failing to notify is an honest mistake, but it may cause delays. Not so sure about his/her nomination conditions. But here goes what affects processing time:
---Lets suppose this was a job offer based stream, when the applicant asks for an open work permit, this automatically raises flags for CIC, who will contact the province or may ask for additional documents proving you still works with the employer (this adds about +2 months). Why would someone who has a work permit support letter ask for an open work permit? Is this person violating the nomination conditions? Several genuine reasons may exist, such as employer delays in placing a job offer in the employer portal, the applicant had an open work permit and wants to ask for a BOWP, don't want to leave Canada and the permit is expiring. Genuine request, but they will check and it takes time.

Didn't look at more posts because I do not have the time.
----

Come on guys, if you had more documents asked, did not send them within 30 days, was asked, sent but they did not receive, and if there is any complication, like marriage, birth, new travels, change of job, change of nomination circumstances or anything similar, you have to tell us, as this makes the processing obviously more complex, and you cannot say you are simply waiting 22-26 months without giving us the details. Specially when there is a 1 year 5 months delay on the applicant's part, we cannot add that to a general equation.

We are here trying to help, figuring if it is the nationality, countries you lived, travels, dependents, and THE MOST IMPORTANT details like these are overlooked. If application is not clean and straightforward, it takes time.

For cases where the person is not thoroughly with the documentation, not honest with CIC (and probably not honest in this forum), or if someone is not completely satifying with CIC with additional documents requested, this makes matters worse. This person cannot blame CIC for the delay and place him/herself in the same package as the rest of us. That will obviously be delaying the application for him/her and increasing the average for everyone else.

Tax declarations, T4, amount and proof of unencumbered funds, education, age, previous jobs, travels, visited addresses, how your visited addresses matched the information you gave to the official at a border of countries like US, difference in age of married couples, political views, religion and racial profile, social media and even your phone location will be used by them, and believe me, this will not be in the GCMS notes. They know everything and they will not make themselves guilty by putting weird notes on the GCMS, they will use technical terms such as "was not able to fully satisfy the officer" and that is it!

If you said you were going to a Marriot at an specific address in US, broooo... You better go there and log in to that hotel wifi and you better upload your travel photos to Facebook! Or if this information does not match what you told the official... oh boy, you are doomed!

Now, with that in mind, is anyone else with long processing times willing to give more important details that make your application more complex, so we can really figure the reasons?

It would be really great to be able to clarify all the reasons behind a paper based processing time for the sake of all the users and 30,000+ people per year that wants to move to Canada.

Last edited:
Reactions: andersniet

antonpa

Star Member
Jul 17, 2018
Nova Scotia
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-08-2016
AOR Received.
28-11-2016
Med's Request
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
25-11-2017
Passport Req..
30-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2019
Did you guys from 2016 lived in another country, other than your home country and Canada, before?

Trying to figure it out why.
Yes, actually - I lived in Japan for 6 years. I also traveled a lot for business - like in a dozen of countries in last 10 years.
I agree, this could be a reason.

Reactions: TommySan

syed32

Mar 6, 2018
Hello everyone,

i am a provincial nominee and waiting from over 21 months. I have more than enough points to apply via express entry as well.

Recently i tried to create an express entry profile but system didn't let me and the error was "you already have an online application in process". I called CIC and they told me to submit a web form and file a complaint to technical difficulties.I did and the response from them is

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided. Since you already have a Permanent Residence (PR) application
EP------- linked to your online account, the system will not allow to have a second PR application open simultaneously in the same online account.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry."

please help if someone has any suggestion.

thanks.

syed32

Mar 6, 2018
Hi, guys, I checked some of the posts made by people with delayed applications. Let's get some stuff clear. I'll give two examples:

- A person added the spouse 1 year later and the new documents were requested, as well as proof of relationship, which his/her lawyer sent 5 months after the request. The request was made in September, but the documents were sent in March. Thus, this adds 5 months of delay in there, plus a background of the spouse that started 1 year after the application, or maybe only now in March 2018, after the additional documents were sent. If it takes about 2 years for a normal person nomination, for this applicant, these 2 years may have started counting in March. That person must get ready for more medicals in case he/sheshe s them before, new police certificates, updated schedule A, IELTs, new proof of funds, updated jobs and addresses lived, jobs... basically everything again.
For me, I can't stress how easy it is to prove I'm married and I wonder why someone would take 5 months to do that. It raises flags for me, and also for CIC. I would change my lawyer. This person's case is very unfortunate.
---- for every check where they need additional documents, you get back to the start of the line and it adds about 2 months to your processing time. It is the website: To avoid delays, send all documents, be truthful and complete.

- Another guy's delay: In this case, this person changed jobs after getting a nomination and did not notify either the province, or cic, or both. This was done - or not, the post was asking for advice - 7 months after that, because he needed an BOWP, or something similar. I couldn't follow all the story and don't know if it he/she had a nomination from a job offer stream which would lock the applicant to the employer. Even if the nomination is not locked to an employers, when you change jobs, your job history changes, and you have to update your documents. Don't wait for a request and be proactive, use the webform and upload the documents to notify CIC.
Failing to notify is an honest mistake, but it may cause delays. Not so sure about his/her nomination conditions. But here goes what affects processing time:
---Lets suppose this was a job offer based stream, when the applicant asks for an open work permit, this automatically raises flags for CIC, who will contact the province or may ask for additional documents proving you still works with the employer (this adds about +2 months). Why would someone who has a work permit support letter ask for an open work permit? Is Severalthis person violating the nomination conditions? Several genuine reasons may exist, such as employer delays in placing a job offer in the employer portal, the applicant had an open work permit and wants to ask for a BOWP, don't want to leave Canada and the permit is expiring. Genuine request, but they will check and it takes time.

Didn't look at more posts because I do not have the time.
----

Come on guys, if you had more documents asked, did not send them within 30 days, was asked, sent but they did not receive, and if there is any complication, like marriage, birth, new travels, change of job, change of nomination circumstances or anything similar, you have to tell us, as this makes the processing obviously more complex, and you cannot say you are simply waiting 22-26 months without giving us the details. Specially when there is a 1 year 5 months delay on the applicant's part, we cannot add that to a general equation.

We are here trying to help, figuring if it is the nationality, countries you lived, travels, dependents, and THE MOST IMPORTANT details like these are overlooked.

Frankly, if you are not honest in this forum, and if your application is not clean and straight forward, or if someone are not completely honest with CIC, you cannot blame CIC for the delay and place yourself in the same package as the rest of us. And you may be delaying the application of everyone else by doing so. Thanks for that if you are one of this people.

Tax declarations, T4, amount and proof of unencumbered funds, education, age, previous jobs, travels, visited addresses, how your visited addresses matched the information you gave to the official at a border of countries like US, difference in age of married couples, political views, religion and racial profile, social media and even your phone location will be used by them, and believe me, this will not be in the GCMS notes. They know everything and they will not make themselves guilty by putting weird notes on the GCMS, they will use technical terms such as "was not able to fully satisfy the officer" and that is it!

If you said you were going to a Marriot at an specific address in US, broooo... You better go there and log in to that hotel wifi and you better upload your travel photos to Facebook! Or if this information does not match what you told the official... oh boy, you are doomed!

Now, with that in mind, is anyone else with long processing times willing to give more important details that make your application more complex, so we can really figure the reasons?

It would be really great to be able to clarify all the reasons behind a paper based processing time for the sake of all the users and 30,000+ people per year that wants to move to Canada.
Sorry to say but including myself I know quite a few people who dont have any misrepresentation or anything you just mentioned and still waiting from 27 to 30 months.

BTW I changed my job without informing anyone and i called CIC and asked, should I inform them? they said if i have an open work permit and Provincial nominee certificate say "Worker without a job offer" then i dont need to inform CIC at all about the Job change. Yeah probably i should have told province but it has nothing to do with CIC until province complains to CIC about that.

Reactions: MarsiaMS

TommySan

Aug 18, 2017
Ontario
Sorry to say but including myself I know quite a few people who dont have any misrepresentation or anything you just mentioned and still waiting from 27 to 30 months.

BTW I changed my job without informing anyone and i called CIC and asked, should I inform them? they said if i have an open work permit and Provincial nominee certificate say "Worker without a job offer" then i dont need to inform CIC at all about the Job change. Yeah probably i should have told province but it has nothing to do with CIC until province complains to CIC about that.
You said that, INCLUDING yourself, people with long processing times do not have any of the problems mentioned.Then you go on with your case, which IS one of the problems mentioned:

Your case includes an employer/employment change.

Now, this is simple: if your nomination says "without" job offer, you don't have to say anything to the province or CIC, but you have to update CIC of your employment, because the document with your work history has to be updated. You have to use the webform to do that. Go ahed and Upload it before they request and save time.

For people with locked employment, that would be more complicated.

Note that the background would now include a new employer, conditions of the nomination certificate, request of additional documents, etc. Naturally causing delays.

Same thing for having a baby or changing your current address. You simply have to upload new documents.

For all these people you mentioned, can't you identify anything? Did they have additional documents requested? Most of the people over 19 months had ADR.

Last edited:

TommySan

Aug 18, 2017
Ontario
are you sure about that? do u know someone who did that or someone being told by cic to do that?
No, but I have this:

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided. Since you already have a Permanent Residence (PR) application
EP------- linked to your online account, the system will not allow to have a second PR application open simultaneously in the same online account.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry."

Which is basically telling you/me that, because you linked you application, "the system will not allow anyone to have a second PR application open simultaneously in the same online account" and therefore it will be solved if done from another account. It doesn't say it is forbidden.

The additional information you want is "am I allowed to have two PR applications, one paper-based and one EE?". If the answer is yes, then the conclusion is that the only way to do that is by creating a new login. But the whichanswer may be NO. I'll leave it up to you to do your research, as I think it will be more believable to you, and there are some very important considerations to that, such as what happens when two applications reach the same stage.

Last edited:
Reactions: antonpa

swimmingfish2018

Mar 26, 2018
I sent email to this email CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca, and got reply "Please, be advised that your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times. "
Any friend know what is the content of additional verification???? 24 months waiting now.