+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR IN-LAND PAPER-BASED APPLICANTS 2017- Let's Connect Here

Just here

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
Really? It is a big relief!
I think I read somewhere that US officers take the passport and bring it back. So I thought they do some search or at lease run through their data base or something. Are you sure they are not even typing in the person’s name before they stamp on the passport?
I had this experience 2.5 years ago at Peace Arch border, I was also overstated in USA for 3 weeks. So when I came to US border they told me to go inside the building there was a little line there about 10-15 min, than officer ask for my passport, check some information, than he asked me if I was overstated in USA, so I answer yes, than he type some information on the computer give me some yellow paper to bring it to Canadian border. That it
It was for Work permit.
And I came with rental car there

PAINKILLER28

Jan 24, 2018
I had this experience 2.5 years ago at Peace Arch border, I was also overstated in USA for 3 weeks. So when I came to US border they told me to go inside the building there was a little line there about 10-15 min, than officer ask for my passport, check some information, than he asked me if I was overstated in USA, so I answer yes, than he type some information on the computer give me some yellow paper to bring it to Canadian border. That it
It was for Work permit.
Yeah , we were using large crossing like the Peace Arch in the past , they do check your information there. in her case I believe she doesn't need the drama or any circumstance that might increase her heart rate and none of us wants it . the US officers will just stamp your passports and tell you to go to the CBSA side with the stamp, no yellow slip given .

Just here

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
Yeah , we were using large crossing like the Peace Arch in the past , they do check your information there. in her case I believe she doesn't need the drama or any circumstance that might increase her heart rate and none of us wants it . the US officers will just stamp your passports and tell you to go to the CBSA side with the stamp, no yellow slip given .
That good to know, next time if will need to go to the border will definitely go there... thanks

Karen P

Star Member
Mar 16, 2019
I can only say from my own experience sister. 10 out of 10 times they don't even bother to look at the information page in Point Roberts BC. it will be a waste of their time to run someone through their system and that person is not even trying to enter their country. oh one more thing , when you arrive at the Canadian side of the border , just park your car somewhere and walk to the US side , don't drive , cos in that case you will be setting foot in the US and that increase the chance they check your passports more carefully.
Thanks a lot for the tip! I will do that. I live in saskatoon so I will be using one of the borders here in saskatchewan.

PAINKILLER28

Jan 24, 2018
That good to know, next time if will need to go to the border will definitely go there... thanks
glad to help . they do ask me a lot of questions at Peace Arch, and I am not even trying to get anything.but no questions for me whatsoever at Point Roberts ever. just please do remember to park your car in the Canadian side and walk to the US .

Reactions: Just here

Karen P

Star Member
Mar 16, 2019
It was for Work permit.
Oh so they did run through your info and acknowledged the fact that you overstayed in the past but still let you go do the flagpole! Great to hear that!

Karen P

Star Member
Mar 16, 2019
glad to help . they do ask me a lot of questions at Peace Arch, and I am not even trying to get anything.but no questions for me whatsoever at Point Roberts ever. just please do remember to park your car in the Canadian side and walk to the US .
So depending on which border office I choose to go matters more...
Does anyone know which border office in saskatchewan in pretty easy going?