no
Passport Req..
12-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Hi there,

As for your first question, cic only post overall processing times which is currently sitting at 16 months per their website. CIC doesnt supply breakdown of timeframes for each stage. That being said, I cant provide you with links as such or neither would anyone on this forum and it would have made our lives so much easy if cic disclosed those exact timeframes. Sorry but I dont quite follow your next question. The updated schedule A information is something typically seen with inland applications. Following your AOR, you receive a reminder letter to remind you about paying RPRF fees, sending them an updated Sch A form and passport copies if any of this information has changed since the time of your application. This is to give you an opportunity to update those documnets before they process it and avoid any delays in application if they found discrepancies in record. And lastly, I do think the whole process is extremely lengthy for reasons best known to cic, but I guess my opinion doesnt matter. PLease note that the timelines I quoted in my post and from others for that matter on this forum is solely based on capturing trends from applications before us. Again, a lot of it depends on several factors: whether you are inland or outland, complexity of your case if it gets referred to CSIS for additional security checks, number of applicants on your applications, having a complete application file (no missing documents), etc etc so it is very subjective in that sense. Hope it makes sense.
hey body!
just want to say: u are really the bright light tower in this thread n the way to PR!
thank u so much for ur careful answering!

aman_78671

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
I don't have access to my gckey account.. i called cic automated system say you passed the medical exam and ecas shows medical received
Based on the trend it seems PR is getting approved in the 16th month from the date of application. Hence with this calculation we can expect to see Jun 2017 applications to be approved by Oct 2018.

Reactions: gail yu and sukh55

avm

Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
File Transfer...
N/A
Based on the trend it seems PR is getting approved in the 16th month from the date of application. Hence with this calculation we can expect to see Jun 2017 applications to be approved by Oct 2018.
Agreed

Reactions: gail yu

sukh55

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
Yeah i was also assuming same thing... i have a quesTion my passport is expiring in jan 2019... do u think I should renew it?

aman_78671

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Yeah i was also assuming same thing... i have a quesTion my passport is expiring in jan 2019... do u think I should renew it?
Absolutely, you may renew it as you still have some time left for PPR. Just research in how much you will get you renewed passport?

Nik_ptl

May 20, 2018
Timeline
File Rec:- 2 Oct 2017
AOR :- 15 NOV 2017
Schedule A Req:- APRIL 27 (Uploaded Same day)
Pre-arrival services:- APRIL 28
Until today no MR...

Last edited:
Reactions: abrarv

maniverma617

Mar 7, 2018
Application received August 7th
AOR: Separate 20, 2017
No medical email
Pre arrival email: Mar 25, 2018
It is so strange that some people got medical request recently , however their AOR are all in October and November. Could someone explain what is going on? I felt very depressed and worried. And is that true the processing time is 18 moths!? That means I have to another year! OMG, I am gonna die for that.
Same boat, No Update (11 months and counting )

avm

Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
File Transfer...
N/A
I’m also same boat . My wife passport also expiring in April, 2019. My lawyer told me to extend the passport.
As per new rule , for extension of passports Indian consulate is asking for “Refugee board clearence letter” from Canada. Applied 2-weeks ago . Waiting for that

Reactions: sukh55

gail yu

May 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-4-14
Med's Request
27-04-14
Med's Done....
06-05-14
Passport Req..
03-06-14
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-14
LANDED..........
17-07-14
Met someone and applied for Pr as caregiver and got approved in 3 weeks. Did upfront medical and included on the app submitted. How Cic check the documents and background / criminality check in 3 weeks? Applied this January 2018 and got interview in Feb.

sukh55

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
I’m also same boat . My wife passport also expiring in April, 2019. My lawyer told me to extend the passport.
As per new rule , for extension of passports Indian consulate is asking for “Refugee board clearence letter” from Canada. Applied 2-weeks ago . Waiting for that
Oh.. thank you.. how can we get that certificate