+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR IN-LAND PAPER-BASED APPLICANTS 2017- Let's Connect Here

PAINKILLER28

Jan 24, 2018
It's hard to say because it seems the agents request for a medical at their discretion. I applied Jan 27, 2017, my medical expired in March 2019, and I got a requested for re-medical May 30, 2019. Some people have gotten their PR, others got a request to re-do medicals, and others are still waiting. I called CIC in March to ask what they'll do and the agent didn't give me an answer and then I got the request to re-do medicals two weeks ago.
seriously ? you are January 2017 applicant? man that's way over...

okri75

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
man , I feel your situation . but maybe it's like some of ours , one day they tell you it's not started yet and the next day it's passed. that has happen to a lot of people, including myself . don't give up hope just yet.
Of course I am hoping it might be just lack of update by officer... But this morning after seeing lots of applicants from June 2018 were receiving PPR I thought I contact them to see there were any updates. There weren't, and instead I listened to the same "bakelit" over and over again :(
Please God help all left behind and desperate applicants to receive PPR

Reactions: cherryto

tt09yq

Nov 16, 2016
man, how can you speak of it so calmly. I will be all over the roof if I were you . gotta say I envy your manner .
Thanks, everyone says that lol. I'm single applicant and honestly it's been my family support, and God who kept me going. Trust me I've almost given so many times. I've even bought a one-way plane ticket home, sold all my furniture and been ready to give up on Canada and the 'Canadian dream' as they say but somehow I'm still here holding on.

tt09yq

Nov 16, 2016
Just wondering did you not think of doing Express entry when you realised your application was taking more months than expected...
My situation is a bit weird but long story short I don't have work experience to get express entry and my PGWP expired before I was able to get that experience, and CIC didn't extend it. It's a long story. If I could go back and do it all over I would in a heartbeat, not getting that full one year of experience ( because I decided to back to school and get my masters degree) is my biggest regret/lesson in life so far.

Sappy13

Jun 25, 2019
Hi everyone,

Is there a difference between BG and Security check?
The agent told me my BG was complete, but Security has not been started yet... trying to understand what it means.
I guess Security check is different than background check cuz i called cic 2 weeks ago . Agent said my all parts are completed including background check. Now last step is pending that is security check. She said its not done by them . Some third party do that security check. And after that they just make decision.

Reactions: Debret

Debret

Star Member
Mar 27, 2018
Nomination.....
04/04/2018
AOR Received.
20/08/2018
Med's Request
02/05/2019
Med's Done....
21/05/2019
Passport Req..
02/07/2019
I guess Security check is different than background check cuz i called cic 2 weeks ago . Agent said my all parts are completed including background check. Now last step is pending that is security check. She said its not done by them . Some third party do that security check. And after that they just make decision.
That's exactly what the agent told me. I'm very confused by these last steps. He told me my application is looking good and said: "both Medical and Background check is passed, congratulations" Then I asked about the Security check and he said, "not started yet".
Very complicated to understand meanings of status and trying to predict every single day when all this will be over. Exhausting...

Newfoundland

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
Thanks, everyone says that lol. I'm single applicant and honestly it's been my family support, and God who kept me going. Trust me I've almost given so many times. I've even bought a one-way plane ticket home, sold all my furniture and been ready to give up on Canada and the 'Canadian dream' as they say but somehow I'm still here holding on.
Hi
I can understand your feelings because I m also 28 July 2017 applicant and they send me second medical again.I wish to God you will get your pr before everyone.

Reactions: okri75

PAINKILLER28

Jan 24, 2018
Hi
I can understand your feelings because I m also 28 July 2017 applicant and they send me second medical again.I wish to God you will get your pr before everyone.
I believe it's a good sign that they asked for another medical, at least it means someone is still working on your case.

my medical appointment is on Thursday , honestly can't wait to get it done .