+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR IN-LAND PAPER-BASED APPLICANTS 2017- Let's Connect Here

mani@

Feb 17, 2018
well, security is not done by just CBSA, CSIS have their part as well . but I do believe you are right about the backlog, since the resource is limited after all.
Yeah i read today that...this year they recruit many officers from airport security back to cbsa office to clear refugee backlogs

mani@

Feb 17, 2018
Eligibility is done by who? Not IRCC?
Eligibility is done by ircc after they send filea to cbsa for security....and there are backlogs in cbsa.....2 years earlier time for security was less than a week...but due to refugee apolicants it got riseed to avg 2 months earlier this year...but now they day they already cleared backlogs

mani@

Feb 17, 2018
I have no idea. I was told both times eligibility haven't even started. But why they send us get medical without eligibility passed? Eligibility should be the first and base of starting the whole process, no?
I think started or not started doesnt make any sense...for us inland apploicants they just need to have a look on nomination certificate...so ita gonna take like 1 hour at most right??
When they began they clear everything in a week....its just due to backlogs and limited resources or may be they just want us to stuck in labour jobs

Anna09

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Canada
Did you call them and they told you it’s in process or you are seeing it in your account ?
Hi , I see it in my account, I also called them they said everything looks fine just need to wait that’s it , they said each case are different for background check some people have less documents some have more documents to review like me and for medical they said just need to wait no more information

Benabena

Feb 25, 2019
Hi

Just want to ask who among of you who applied for bridging open work permit (paper application)? How many weeks did you wait to receive The acknowledgement receipt? Mine was delivered last april 29 but until now I haven't rece
It took 90 days for me; I got it earlier this week.

Benabena

Feb 25, 2019
Hello! I am BCPNP skilled worker category.
Paper application received: March 29, 2018
AOR email: May 18, 2018

My CIC account says:
Estimated remaining processing time: 4 Month(s)
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
We are processing your background check.

However, I have not received any medical request yet. Is it normal?

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
well, security is not done by just CBSA, CSIS have their part as well . but I do believe you are right about the backlog, since the resource is limited after all.
Security is done by CBSA in all cases, but only in few (NOT ALL) cases are referred to CSIS.