+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR IN-LAND PAPER-BASED APPLICANTS 2017- Let's Connect Here

PAINKILLER28

Jan 24, 2018
Hi guys,
Does anyone know exactly what it means when the status says Eligibility and criminality checks passed? Does it mean I passed all the paper works and should wait for security check to pass? Or, is there any other huddle I should jump over?
it's hard to say, also I don't think they are following any particular order when doing checks . for example, my GCMS note from last December says that all other checks are completed except the security checks which hadn't even started . so in my case they are keeping the security check to the last , while for some applicants they are doing the security first.

so it's like impossible to tell which one will be the last huddle, maybe you can order a GCMS note, it will tell you the progress of your application.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bade2145

Karen P

Star Member
Mar 16, 2019
it's hard to say, also I don't think they are following any particular order when doing checks . for example, my GCMS note from last December says that all other checks are completed except the security checks which hadn't even started . so in my case they are keeping the security check to the last , while for some applicants they are doing the security first.

so it's like impossible to tell which one will be the last huddle, maybe you can order a GCMS note, it will tell you the progress of your application.

I already have done so. I passed eligibility and criminality. My security check has not started yet. My question was what “eligibility check passed” and “criminality passed” meant. Does it mean that I’ve got nothing to worry about except for security check? Or is there any other things they check before ppr? What kind of checks are done during eligibility check? I have passed eligibility and criminality checks but I am puzzled what kind of checks they are.

Prince_11

Jan 6, 2018
British Columbia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
APP REC DATE Nov 20th 2017
AOR JAN 20th 2018
Medical REQ APL - 27 2018
Medical Passed - Aug 20 2018 - had to redo XRay. wasted 3 months.
no updates since.
16months almost.

Work permit extension applied on nov 23rd 2018 ... it been over the posted waiting time and they still processing it. so frustation. it is better to do degree in home country and then come there atleast you get 35 extra points for express entry. paper based application is kind of killing the young age.

Prince_11

Jan 6, 2018
British Columbia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
th
I've finally received MR today after waiting for 14 months

Received 21 December 2017
AOR February 8th 2018
Pre arrival email May 28th 2018
MR February 14th 2019

I'm hoping this means that my background checks are done and the medical is the final hurdle?
They mostly start the Background check after 6month from the medical request. however can be earlier .. but they are lazy asses.

Prince_11

Jan 6, 2018
British Columbia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
I have done my medical in April 2018 after that no updates
oh i see. my medical done in aug. i called them in november and they said back ground check hasn't been start and in feb 27 i called then they said background check is on now. not sure what the hell going on. i applied for my wp extension on nov 23rd and it been 116days and i haven't heard anything however website saying they are working on now dec 8 and 83 wait. so frustuating. i think it gonna be more slow because election is in July this year.

PAINKILLER28

Jan 24, 2018
I already have done so. I passed eligibility and criminality. My security check has not started yet. My question was what “eligibility check passed” and “criminality passed” meant. Does it mean that I’ve got nothing to worry about except for security check? Or is there any other things they check before ppr? What kind of checks are done during eligibility check? I have passed eligibility and criminality checks but I am puzzled what kind of checks they are.
from what I have learnt it means you got nothing to worry about if you are indeed not a security risk or never involved in any activity that might endanger the security of this country .

I have been doing some research about all those checks , but I have no answer that tells clearly what all those checks exactly entail .

except security check, I did find this post , and I am quite satisfied with his answer . take a look and hope it will ease your mind , if you have no concern about your past .

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/the-anatomy-of-a-background-check-in-depth-analysis.500146/

Reactions: calebo