+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR IN-LAND PAPER-BASED APPLICANTS 2017- Let's Connect Here

TheNorms

Dec 21, 2017
Canada
Brazil.
I tried to call but I could not. I recorded a voice message.
Last week I sent an email.
I can not see my status.
I completed 20 months of application.
Communication is difficult.

Faith!

Copied from another thread but this way seems to be working for people who have tried it, worth a go.

Phone (from within Canada): 1 888 242 2100
Phone (from outside of Canada [block caller ID]): 1 613 944 4000

I asked them to tell me specifically the lines I put there (visa office, medical, criminality, security, eligibility) as they have them in their system. Otherwise, they talk in general terms like "background check" like the EE portal does. "Background" = security+criminality, but if you ask specifically, they will tell you.

If you dial the 613 # outside of Canada, you can use these options (wait until it's ready to accept an option): 1 1 1. Then you'll get transferred to IRCC (the same as the 888 # inside Canada and you'll hear a male voice). Then you can use options 2 1 1 0 to get to an operator "fast" (it's the family sponsorship information menu tree but it goes to the same phone operators).

If you follow the tree normally to get info about your application, you'll have to enter your application number, date of birth, and listen to a long read-out of its status before you get to get in a phone queue, and 2/3 the time it will just say "we're too busy. call back later" instead of putting you in a queue.

Reactions: Tábata Brazil

Tábata Brazil

Feb 28, 2019
Copied from another thread but this way seems to be working for people who have tried it, worth a go.

Phone (from within Canada): 1 888 242 2100
Phone (from outside of Canada [block caller ID]): 1 613 944 4000

I asked them to tell me specifically the lines I put there (visa office, medical, criminality, security, eligibility) as they have them in their system. Otherwise, they talk in general terms like "background check" like the EE portal does. "Background" = security+criminality, but if you ask specifically, they will tell you.

If you dial the 613 # outside of Canada, you can use these options (wait until it's ready to accept an option): 1 1 1. Then you'll get transferred to IRCC (the same as the 888 # inside Canada and you'll hear a male voice). Then you can use options 2 1 1 0 to get to an operator "fast" (it's the family sponsorship information menu tree but it goes to the same phone operators).

If you follow the tree normally to get info about your application, you'll have to enter your application number, date of birth, and listen to a long read-out of its status before you get to get in a phone queue, and 2/3 the time it will just say "we're too busy. call back later" instead of putting you in a queue.
Thank you for your help!!!
I'll do it tomorrow.
Thank you my friend.

Reactions: TheNorms

Calgarian_wife

May 1, 2013
December 14 here. No updates since Medicals Passed in September.

A friend was August 1, he received PPR on January 31. 18 months for him.

dynisious007

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
Hello guys,
Nov 2 2017 AINP applicant here.

Passed my medical in May 2018 and no update since then, so I decide to call IRCC and had a chance to talk to IRCC representative this evening. It was about 4:15 Ontario time, when he attended the phone I can definitely say that he was a little cranky lol.
Anyways I asked him, is there an update on my file. He said my security has never started and I asked him is there a reason why it's not started. He said he dont know, but they transferred my file from Sydney to Etobicoke, then from Etobicoke to Edmonton where I live, then from Edmonton back to Etobicoke again on Feb 18 2019, and my file is not assigned to an officer yet. Then he said there might be some concerns about your file, that's why they are moving around your file. I asked him is it same for everyone or is it just me? He have no answer for that. He asked me what's my relationship status, I said "Married", he said " why you didnt add her as a dependant ?", I said " I dont have to because she is a candian citizen", he said " Oh that's what the problem is , then you have to let IRCC know that you are married and send your marriage certificate, photos, her national ID and her passport to us", I said I already send it as soon as i got married". Then silence lol.

My coworker who applied for PR same day with ordered GCMS notes and he found his files moved around same as me and his security is also never started.
I told him that and he said then I dont know.
And he reminded me that I might have to redo my medical again.

I know it's not 19 months yet, but does anyone think that some of these representatives are giving wrong information to people?
When he said about concerns and doesn't have anything to support his assumption which throws me into a pile of questions!!

PAINKILLER28

Jan 24, 2018
December 14 here. No updates since Medicals Passed in September.

A friend was August 1, he received PPR on January 31. 18 months for him.
I am December 17th AR, nothing since an ADR in July . ordered GCMS note last December and it says background check hadn't even started .

Last edited:
Reactions: KKK.f

Bade2145

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Hello guys,
Nov 2 2017 AINP applicant here.

Passed my medical in May 2018 and no update since then, so I decide to call IRCC and had a chance to talk to IRCC representative this evening. It was about 4:15 Ontario time, when he attended the phone I can definitely say that he was a little cranky lol.
Anyways I asked him, is there an update on my file. He said my security has never started and I asked him is there a reason why it's not started. He said he dont know, but they transferred my file from Sydney to Etobicoke, then from Etobicoke to Edmonton where I live, then from Edmonton back to Etobicoke again on Feb 18 2019, and my file is not assigned to an officer yet. Then he said there might be some concerns about your file, that's why they are moving around your file. I asked him is it same for everyone or is it just me? He have no answer for that. He asked me what's my relationship status, I said "Married", he said " why you didnt add her as a dependant ?", I said " I dont have to because she is a candian citizen", he said " Oh that's what the problem is , then you have to let IRCC know that you are married and send your marriage certificate, photos, her national ID and her passport to us", I said I already send it as soon as i got married". Then silence lol.

My coworker who applied for PR same day with ordered GCMS notes and he found his files moved around same as me and his security is also never started.
I told him that and he said then I dont know.
And he reminded me that I might have to redo my medical again.

I know it's not 19 months yet, but does anyone think that some of these representatives are giving wrong information to people?
When he said about concerns and doesn't have anything to support his assumption which throws me into a pile of questions!!

This is way disturbing. My application was Oct 23, 2017 and I haven’t had any update since Sept 2018.

Tsb

Feb 5, 2019
Haha, my application was received at Sydney on the 3rd December and I got my AOR and MR on the 28th December 2018. I know this thread is for PNP 2017 but it’s the best thread I’ve found where people are actively discussing DM to PPR times. I’m 4 weeks after DM tomorrow. I called IRCC to find my DM date (5th February 2019) and I got through to a very helpful lady, she confirmed the wait for PPR is 3 to 6 weeks. Now I’m not sure what that’s dependant on but she did say my visa office is Halifax and I will get a request to attend either Halifax or Fredericton visa offices to complete my COPR.
How long does the criminality check lasts?

TheNorms

Dec 21, 2017
Canada
How long does the criminality check lasts?
Criminality check shouldn’t take that long as they verify the police certificates you submit with your pack. Background checks, this is the more stringent check and It all depends of country of citizenship, I’m from the UK so one of the eye countries, mine was very fast.

Reactions: LiliChung and Tsb
A

abdisarockstar

I have applied for my BOWP on Dec 9th. Still hasn’t been approved :(
They had asked for a provincial nomination certificate as an additional doc on Mar 2nd
And nothing ever since
Submitted a Webform yesterday asking where is it
Let’s see when they reply

Reactions: KKK.f