+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR - APRIL,MAY JUNE 2016 APPLICANTS....

brar20

Star Member
May 12, 2016
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Sept 23, 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Inland AINP NOC B Category
File received by CIC - June 13, 2016
AOR - Sept 23, 2016
Upfront Medical exam in July 2017
Not sure about when it went passed on CIC account
Background in Process - Nov 2, 2017

I called IRCC today. He said my background check has been completed although my online account still show it in process. He said everything looks good and just waiting for the final review. I should expect PPR within few weeks. Never gave a time frame. I asked him to put a note on my file that I have already passed the processing time, he said that my officer knows about it and he is also impatient to close the file. He was really nice and answered every question in the best way possible. Also, this was the first time I called IRCC so he took some time to update my file: addresses and contact numbers.
I am planning a trip to India from mid Feb to mid March and I told him about it and asked him what his suggestion would be regarding applying for a TRV as it expired this year. He said although I should receive PPR very soon, but to be on the safe side I should apply for TRV so that I have no issues with my travel.
I really don't know what to do. I haven't booked my flights yet so I am going to wait till New Year. If I get PPR before that, I would book my flights the same day. And if not, I will apply for a TRV in Jan first week and book my flight then.
Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

ss11canada

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Inland AINP NOC B Category
File received by CIC - June 13, 2016
AOR - Sept 23, 2016
Upfront Medical exam in July 2017
Not sure about when it went passed on CIC account
Background in Process - Nov 2, 2017

I called IRCC today. He said my background check has been completed although my online account still show it in process. He said everything looks good and just waiting for the final review. I should expect PPR within few weeks. Never gave a time frame. I asked him to put a note on my file that I have already passed the processing time, he said that my officer knows about it and he is also impatient to close the file. He was really nice and answered every question in the best way possible. Also, this was the first time I called IRCC so he took some time to update my file: addresses and contact numbers.
I am planning a trip to India from mid Feb to mid March and I told him about it and asked him what his suggestion would be regarding applying for a TRV as it expired this year. He said although I should receive PPR very soon, but to be on the safe side I should apply for TRV so that I have no issues with my travel.
I really don't know what to do. I haven't booked my flights yet so I am going to wait till New Year. If I get PPR before that, I would book my flights the same day. And if not, I will apply for a TRV in Jan first week and book my flight then.
Any other suggestions?

Thanks.
I think its better to book your flight after PPR..
we have the exact same timeline and same information received from call agent.
no time frame, could not leave a note at this stage, might take couple of weeks for final review..but a month just passed..still waiting DM/PPR
Lets share together.

miladfma

Apr 5, 2016
June 13 2016 inland OINP applicant. Just received a msg from mycic requesting detailed CV during my master's study and a updated Schedule A form for background and declaration.
Do they usually ask for these two materials? I graduated from the program 2 years ago. Not sure why they asked for it.
They asked me detailed CV and list of publications too, for masters and phd. It's part of BG check I guess.

jyken

Star Member
Aug 2, 2017
AB PNP
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
06-07-2016