+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP - PR - April-May-June 2015 Applicants!

PMC89

Apr 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
1122 - Professional occupations in business management consulting
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 8 2015 (Received - June 10 2015)
Doc's Request.
January 27 2016
Nomination.....
May 5 2015
AOR Received.
August 21 2015
Med's Request
March 4 2016
Med's Done....
February 8 2016 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
June 8 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 10 2016
LANDED..........
Inland - June 21 2016 (Officialy PR)
Why are some people so concerned about linking the application? lol. It doesn't make any difference anyway.

zx86496790

May 6, 2016
PMC89 said:
Why are some people so concerned about linking the application? lol. It doesn't make any difference anyway.
at least can see something new. I have not seen any update in ecas for more than half a year and did not order notes :(

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
zx86496790 said:
at least can see something new. I have not seen any update in ecas for more than half a year and did not order notes :(
Did you try like below?
Test name: None
Test id: 000
Test date: your application received date

zx86496790

May 6, 2016
harirajmohan said:
Did you try like below?
yes I did, I tried both that and my ielts result got later. Neither of them works. Always shows no application found. :mad:

Sanjeet03

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/may/2015
Doc's Request.
16/feb/2016
Med's Request
23/dec/2015
Med's Done....
5/jan/2016
Mishti said:
And if anyone can answer this one? If CIC exceeds 15 months, is Writ of Mandamus a solution? It's like going to the court. I've heard people taking this route and then their applications being decided in a matter of days.
Hi mishti,
Going to the court after 15 months process??? If you hv any idea plz share how to go abt court? I just know after 15 months applicants approach MP, but its new thing going to court, if its work then im sure its very helpful

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Sanjeet03 said:
Hi mishti,
Going to the court after 15 months process??? If you hv any idea plz share how to go abt court? I just know after 15 months applicants approach MP, but its new thing going to court, if its work then im sure its very helpful

You can ask CIC to check status and talk to your local MP after 15 months or if you think you've been treated unfairly.

You cannot just sue IRCC for taking just over 15 months to process PR. They never guarantee so. That is just a guideline based on 80% successful cases and any delay on your part (days to book MR, PCC, confusion on upfront medical) may cause extra time.

People sued CIC before was based on unfair rules and unreasonable delays (measured in years, not months), perhaps unconstitutional. The lawsuit itself costs big money and usually takes years.

Mishti

Mar 22, 2016
Sanjeet03 said:
Hi mishti,
You can read the following and then google more about it
Mandamus is a judicial remedy which is in the form of an order from a superior court to any government, subordinate court, corporation or public authority to do or forbear from doing some specific act which that body is obliged under law to do or refrain from doing, as the case may be, and which is in the nature of public duty and in certain cases of a statutory duty. It cannot be issued to compel an authority to do something against statutory provision.
When contemplating whether to commence a mandamus application, counsel should make reference to the processing times listed on the CIC website. Unreasonable delay can only be determined in comparison to average processing times. In submissions, counsel should focus on the normal processing times and how much the processing time in question has exceeded the average, what the applicant has done to ensure that his/her application is complete and well documented, and reasons why the applicant feels that the officer’s explanation for the delay is unsatisfactory.

In this respect, the Courts in most cases have refused to accept departmental backlogs, or staff shortages as reasonable explanations, nor do they tend to look to the system as a whole. Rather, each case is assessed on its own facts. The question often arises as to whether a background or security check constitutes a justifiable explanation for the delay. As with the other prongs of the test, this is a determination which can only be made with reference to the specific facts of the case. Counsel must tailor the arguments to the facts of the case at hand, with particular attention paid to what the applicant has been doing to move his case along, and what the respondent has failed to do to perform their duty.

Mishti

Mar 22, 2016
Sanjeet03 said:
Hi mishti,
I don't want to advertise any law group here so I am refraining from putting any links here. Writ of Mandamus is just one of the options about which I read on a discussion forum. The guy went to the court and CIC moved his case in days. I heard the lawyer charged him $2000. Now that is a personal choice. I think the first step after completing 15 months should be to write an email to CIC asking what could be the reason of an unusual delay though one has submitted all documents. However I hope no one has to take such measures and things get sorted out for all my friends as soon as possible. I am two months away from completing 15 months. So I am weighing my options.

MANITOBA1234

Mar 22, 2016
harirajmohan said:
Did you try like below?

Hey Hari,

I am a May 15th Applicant I received this email today.Anyone got an email like this???

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately by email to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca with details concerning your situation.

STEP 1: UPDATE YOUR APPLICATION

If any of the following conditions apply, you must inform us immediately via email CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca.

• Changes in your mailing address
• Marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation;
• Death of the sponsor, the principal applicant or any accompanying family member;
• Birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children;
• You, the principal applicant, or any of your family members have been charged or convicted of a criminal offence.

STEP 2: DETERMINE IF YOU NEED TO SUBMIT YOUR PASSPORT(S)

• Determine if you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to travel to Canada, by checking this website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas-all.asp.

• If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada, you will need to submit the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months and have at least two blank pages. If a child is included on your passport, you must have one blank page per accompanying child. Please note that you STILL need to submit the passport even if:

o You have a valid Canadian temporary residence visa.
o You are a permanent resident of the U.S.A AND holder of passport from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada.

• If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need an eTA to travel to Canada, you will need to submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Please do not send your original passport(s). Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months.

***Please note that Confirmation of Permanent Residence and permanent residence visas cannot be issued to holders of Diplomatic, Official or Military passports. You must have an ordinary passport.***

STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS

1. Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2.

2. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. See our specifications at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

3. One self-addressed, pre-paid envelope with your complete mailing address so that we can return your passport(s) and Confirmation of Permanent Residence documents.

4. One copy of this letter.

STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS

• If you do not have a mailing address in Canada or the U.S.A, or if you are unable to submit the required documentation for you or your accompanying family members to the addresses below, please send an email to us at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca so that we can send you instructions for submitting your documents to a visa office which is the most convenient for you. Please note that our office will not return passports to an address outside North America.

• If you have a mailing address in Canada:
- The self-addressed, pre-paid Xpresspost envelope must be from Canada Post. Please note that we will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier.
- Submit all documents by mail in a single package and send to the following address:
CPC – Ottawa – PR
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON K1G 4B9

• If you have a mailing address in the U.S.A.:
- The self-addressed, pre-paid envelope should be arranged with a courier that delivers between Canada and the U.S.A.
- Submit all documents by mail in a single package and send to the following address:
CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1

Please note that incorrect mailing addresses could result in your passport(s) being lost. Do not forget your apartment number and postal code. Our office accepts no responsibility for documents lost in the mail. We do not return passports by regular mail.

Regards,

Case Processing Centre – Ottawa
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Government of Canada
www.cic.gc.ca

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
MANITOBA1234 said:
Hey Hari,

I am a May 15th Applicant I received this email today.Anyone got an email like this???

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately by email to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca with details concerning your situation.
Buddy, this is your PPR. send your passports. Congrats.... :D

Today seems Friday to me now :) :D