Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
01-06-2015
Passport Req..
06-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2015
To those who land at Niagara, how early or how late to get there to avoid the crowd?

properRR

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
devpsd said:
Just landed yesterday.
My days were frustrating since this application started and the landing was a nightmare. May be a poetic justice, but those guys made me realise that I m not welcome here. 4 hours of waiting at the immigration office. And there were just 4 people ahead of me all the time. They had to wait 6-7 hours for landing. The officers treated us as if we were illegal immigrants coming by boat from a war torn zone. They were having coffee, chatting, gossiping, laughing while they made old women, children wait.
An officer told us that we were the last priority for them. We volunteered to flagpole so it is not their problem at all. We should have done inland. Guess they are not on the same page with cic and the letter.
One girl was complaining because she waited for 5 hours, they returned her docs and wished her good luck and land in cic office. She had to beg to take her doc back and process it.
One needs to work hard to be so unprofessional, inefficient and down right crass. After spending 1000s of dollars we are lowest priority for them. They treated people like cattle. The entire PR process was the worst customer service I have experienced in my life. One good thing out of this is that next time I travel to my country of origin I will be less critical of its bureaucracies and processes.
My friend went with family for landing today and he was refused. Asked to do inland.
Not sure if I should be proud of becoming PR or ashamed of being an immigrant.
At Rainbow Bridge?

devpsd

Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
19-09-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
AOR1 15-10-2016 AOR2 2-11-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
SA 24-10-2016
Med's Request
27-04-2017
Med's Done....
4-5-2017 (passed same day) BGC 11-05-2017 DM 13-05-2017
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
15-05-2017
properRR said:
At Rainbow Bridge?
Yes rainbow bridge. But then again pls do not expect same experience. cupcakes had a good experience there. may be it was my aura or bad omen ;)

devpsd

Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
19-09-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
SA 24-10-2016
Med's Request
27-04-2017
Med's Done....
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
15-05-2017
Jeremyyao said:
To those who land at Niagara, how early or how late to get there to avoid the crowd?
As cupcakes said, try going around 10pm weekday.

Jack77

Jun 12, 2015
Jack77 said:
Hi

I am new to this forum and hope to help me understanding my situation.
I am OPNP since 2013, I have Open work Permit and applied for immigration since 2013. my file got transferred to Abu Dhabi office on Late august 2013 and on 2014 I got IP status then medical request on early April time and on mid of April I got security clearance request for countries lived in more than a year while over 18 years old.

Medical submitted on April time, and security on May time. On July time I got CIC questionnaire on where I am working and so on, I told them I am still working outside canada and submitted all papers same day by email, since then no progress at all!!

My work permit about to expire, I applied for renewal already on March 2015 and no response as well.

Now if I went to Canada and work permit extension refused, what will be the case, and why they are so slow? I phoned them several times and they always asking me where are you now, please contact Abu Dhabi office they have your file, and when I contact Abu Dhabi office they tell me its with Ottawa office!!, ....

Please let me know what I would expect and what I should do, its very frustrating....
Any ideas ...

cupcakes

Jan 10, 2014
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
Nomination.....
04-06-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
Med's Request
30-01-2015
Med's Done....
31-01-2015
Passport Req..
05-15-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-25-2015
LANDED..........
06-15-2015
Go either after 10pm or before 7am.

Randy.Orton

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What's the best way to ask CIC agent to look into the case? They usually ask if my file is in Ottawa for NS, and if i say Ottawa; the next reply is You've to wait 17 months Sir, and that's it.

I might not tell them this time, so maybe they'll have a look to my file. I just wanna know if I haven't been asked for additional documents. Been a month since IP, and kinda worried now.

Just want to make sure that things are progressing and there's no action item on my side.

devpsd

Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
19-09-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
SA 24-10-2016
Med's Request
27-04-2017
Med's Done....
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
15-05-2017
Randy.Orton said:
What's the best way to ask CIC agent to look into the case? They usually ask if my file is in Ottawa for NS, and if i say Ottawa; the next reply is You've to wait 17 months Sir, and that's it.
I might not tell them this time, so maybe they'll have a look to my file. I just wanna know if I haven't been asked for additional documents. Been a month since IP, and kinda worried now.
Just want to make sure that things are progressing and there's no action item on my side.
All our experiences with cic depends on the agent u speak to. I have spoken twice. First one was a lazy, second one was very helpful and did his due diligience to give me feedback. You can call and pray that u get the right agent.
If you have a rep, i think u should not meddle much because it will confuse everyone.
U can contact ur local mp and get details. u will know within a week, faster than gcms.

Randy.Orton

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
devpsd said:
All our experiences with cic depends on the agent u speak to. I have spoken twice. First one was a lazy, second one was very helpful and did his due diligience to give me feedback. You can call and pray that u get the right agent.
If you have a rep, i think u should not meddle much because it will confuse everyone.
U can contact ur local mp and get details. u will know within a week, faster than gcms.
Thanks, I'll try my luck. And sorry to hear what happened with you on the Border. I hope you'll have a smooth path to your Citizenship now :)

intellectgyani

Star Member
May 29, 2013
Just want to confirm for my sanity, those who got DM around May 19 are still waiting for PPR. Checking my spam folder also but no PPR email yet

terryhangover

Sep 10, 2014
devpsd said:
Just landed yesterday.
My days were frustrating since this application started and the landing was a nightmare. May be a poetic justice, but those guys made me realise that I m not welcome here. 4 hours of waiting at the immigration office. And there were just 4 people ahead of me all the time. They had to wait 6-7 hours for landing. The officers treated us as if we were illegal immigrants coming by boat from a war torn zone. They were having coffee, chatting, gossiping, laughing while they made old women, children wait.
An officer told us that we were the last priority for them. We volunteered to flagpole so it is not their problem at all. We should have done inland. Guess they are not on the same page with cic and the letter.
One girl was complaining because she waited for 5 hours, they returned her docs and wished her good luck and land in cic office. She had to beg to take her doc back and process it.
One needs to work hard to be so unprofessional, inefficient and down right crass. After spending 1000s of dollars we are lowest priority for them. They treated people like cattle. The entire PR process was the worst customer service I have experienced in my life. One good thing out of this is that next time I travel to my country of origin I will be less critical of its bureaucracies and processes.
My friend went with family for landing today and he was refused. Asked to do inland.
Not sure if I should be proud of becoming PR or ashamed of being an immigrant.
does it help if you had crossed the border and hanged around in Buffalo for hours so you're not really flagpoling...

Niz11

Jul 29, 2013
intellectgyani said:
Just want to confirm for my sanity, those who got DM around May 19 are still waiting for PPR. Checking my spam folder also but no PPR email yet
Same here!!!Too worried but nothing can do!!!

Randy.Orton

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
People with Additional Document Request:

Can anyone confirm if we can see Additional Documents request on ECAS? One of CIC agent has told me to check Additional Docs request on ECAS, if I have missed any email. Just wanted to know if you guys have observed it too.

terryhangover

Sep 10, 2014
Randy.Orton said:
People with Additional Document Request:

Can anyone confirm if we can see Additional Documents request on ECAS? One of CIC agent has told me to check Additional Docs request on ECAS, if I have missed any email. Just wanted to know if you guys have observed it too.
No you don't. Only emails.