Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2014
Nomination.....
07-10-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
greenlemon said:
I was able to talk to an agent who opened my file today. he said my file has been moved to Ottawa. eligibility is still in progress... I wonder what are they checking in that aspect. any views?
Have you applied for gcms notes? is your security started yet?

I'm Nov 2014 applicant still in IP. I received my gcms last week. As per notes, my eligibility was set to Pass in January 2016. And on the same day, my security status was updated from "Not started" to something else which was erased as all the security related information is not visible.

My guess is that after everything else was passed(eligibility, criminality and medical), my security checks were initiated. Don't know how long they take.

hussy74

Dec 15, 2014
lifeonedge said:
Seniors,

Need some advise.

If I move from my current city to a different city within the same province, that nominated me, is it going to delay my application? I have talked to CIC agent and I am hearing 2 different stories.

Has anybody faced similar situation? What was the outcome?

Thanks.
Change your address online through ECAS. NO, it does not delay the processing of your application. I changed my Residential address but kept the same mailing address.

VSw

Jul 18, 2014
lifeonedge said:
Thanks bud for your response.

Was your mailing address in the same city after you changed your Residential address?

If I keep the same mailing address in my application, it'd be a long drive from residential address in a few months time. :)
Bud,

Address change in itself doesn't change anything in your eligibility. You can do that in ECAS. I have changed it.

Having said that, has your job changed as well OR is it merely a transfer within the same company? If you have changed jobs, then by rule you need to inform Alberta and CIC both about the change. It might trigger a reassessment if the NOC codes have changed as well.

lifeonedge

May 19, 2015
AB
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2015
Doc's Request.
all provided
Nomination.....
29-04-2015
AOR Received.
04-08-2015
IELTS Request
provided with application
Med's Request
23-12-2015
Med's Done....
30-12-2015
Interview........
exempt
Passport Req..
15-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
In Canada since 2008
LANDED..........
30-04-2016
VSw said:
Bud,

Address change in itself doesn't change anything in your eligibility. You can do that in ECAS. I have changed it.

Having said that, has your job changed as well OR is it merely a transfer within the same company? If you have changed jobs, then by rule you need to inform Alberta and CIC both about the change. It might trigger a reassessment if the NOC codes have changed as well.
It's just a transfer within the same company. Same position.

Really appreciate your response. :)

shannen

Dec 27, 2010
December 2014 applicant here.
PP sent Feb 5
PP received by Ottawa Office Feb 8
waiting... no tracker activation yet

Mountin

Star Member
Oct 3, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shannen said:
PP sent Feb 5
It takes at least 15 days prior to activation. I am guessing urs will be activated today! Please share if got any news.

shannen

Dec 27, 2010
Mountin said:
It takes at least 15 days prior to activation. I am guessing urs will be activated today! Please share if got any news.
For sure, I will. If not today hopefully by tomorrow. I can't wait.

goku80

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
shannen said:
PP sent Feb 5
do you mind sharing when you got passport request?
thank you

waziri

Jul 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dgh1364 said:
I am DEC 19, 2014 applicant and still IN PROCESS.... :-[ :-[ :-[

No change in my case. I would say the best way to get some information is to contact your local MP. I got GCMS note on Feb 04, 2016 and there wasn't any new info for me on that. So, I contacted my local MP and I got response from him in 24 HOUR. He did a detailed follow up with CIC and told me that they started my security check on Jan 04 2016 (which wasn't on the GCMS note by the way) and are waiting for the results. He also told me to contact him again after 15 months passed if my application is still in process and he will contact CIC one moreI am
I am also DEC 19 applicant ..still IP

shannen

Dec 27, 2010
Mountin said:
Thanks God! my return tracker got activated today at 3:45pm Ottawa time! planning to take landing in Coutts, Alberta this week.

Mountin

Star Member
Oct 3, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shannen said:
Thanks God! my return tracker got activated today at 3:45pm Ottawa time! planning to take landing in Coutts, Alberta this week.
Congrats.... Celebrate the GREAT moments!

greenlemon

Star Member
Mar 13, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December15 2014
AOR Received.
April 15 2015
Med's Request
May 1 2015
Med's Done....
May 15 2015
Passport Req..
In God's time
abrarmohsin said:
Have you applied for gcms notes? is your security started yet?

I'm Nov 2014 applicant still in IP. I received my gcms last week. As per notes, my eligibility was set to Pass in January 2016. And on the same day, my security status was updated from "Not started" to something else which was erased as all the security related information is not visible.

My guess is that after everything else was passed(eligibility, criminality and medical), my security checks were initiated. Don't know how long they take.
I have applied twice... the latest, January 2016, the security part has not yet started.

to all November, December and everyone who are still waiting... just keep our faith. our time will come!

greenlemon

Star Member
Mar 13, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December15 2014
AOR Received.
April 15 2015
Med's Request
May 1 2015
Med's Done....
May 15 2015
Passport Req..
In God's time
waziri said:
dgh1364 said:
I am DEC 19, 2014 applicant and still IN PROCESS.... :-[ :-[ :-[

No change in my case. I would say the best way to get some information is to contact your local MP. I got GCMS note on Feb 04, 2016 and there wasn't any new info for me on that. So, I contacted my local MP and I got response from him in 24 HOUR. He did a detailed follow up with CIC and told me that they started my security check on Jan 04 2016 (which wasn't on the GCMS note by the way) and are waiting for the results. He also told me to contact him again after 15 months passed if my application is still in process and he will contact CIC one moreI am
I am also DEC 19 applicant ..still IP
we will be getting it soon.... it's just a matter of time.

soriano177

Star Member
May 21, 2015
greenlemon said:
I have applied twice... the latest, January 2016, the security part has not yet started.

to all November, December and everyone who are still waiting... just keep our faith. our time will come!

No news. still in proccess