+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR application December 2014 applicant

Soon2332

Jan 21, 2016
Soon2332 said:
So i went to service canada today and they say the status has not been updated yet in the system. I landed yesterday.

Does anyone knw if its normal or its just in my case?

prasprime

Dec 16, 2013
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wait for 3-4 days. I too had the same problem.
After 4 days, they gave me the SIN number.

Thank you

Soon2332 said:
So i went to service canada today and they say the status has not been updated yet in the system. I landed yesterday.

Edz9501

Feb 2, 2016
greenlemon said:
still waiting for the DM up to date, think I'm the luckiest among December applicant! from restoration of 7 months and almost 14 months and counting. . . any advice aside from waiting????
I am also a dec applicant.feb6 DM but no PPR until now
:(

Michelle888

Oct 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
Doc's Request.
24-08-2015 IP status on 26-08-2015
AOR Received.
15-04-2015
Med's Request
01-05-2015
Med's Done....
22-05-2015 Medicals Received on 12-06-2015 RPRF paid on 22-07-2015
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
Hi guys! Sorry i wasnt here after my landing but i had a medical emergency the day after i became Permanent resident - my kind of luck :mad: sorry i couldnt answer your questions!
I would like to congratulate everyone who got their PPR, who already landed and also to people who got their DM - dont give up guys, its coming!

So, whats new? :)

karkwi

Jul 8, 2015
hello everyone :)

I just let you know that we have PR card :)
Our timeline - landing 10 November :) so we waited 90 days :)

Soon2332

Jan 21, 2016
When do we see ecas changed to complete? After how many days?

there is always waiting for something or the other , never ending process ..

even after landing , they havent updated their system to PR , so cant even update the SIN until they update the system ,,,,

when i go to service canada , they say that system doesnt show up your file.....

always waiting and waiting for something .... and now passport also looks dirty bcoz of crossing off all the previous visa stamps in passport with black marker.... :-X

VSw

Jul 18, 2014
Hi all,

Finally I did my landing last evening... My wife (who did landing with me) and two other friends went with me, one is Canadian citizen and other is Canadian PR.

We drove from Calgary to Kalispell via Fernie and entered the US through Roosville, BC. It was straight forward, no stopping at Canadian border. US guys asked about our hotel and other trivial things: carrying any fire arms etc. They gave us I-94 and asked us to return it within 6 months. We did some shopping in Whitefish and Kalispell and stayed in Kalispell overnight.

Next day we again did some shopping in Kalispell and headed back to Canada through Coutts/Sweetgrass border. It was 7 PM by the time we reached Coutts border. Our passports were checked at the drive through window. We told them that two of us were doing PR landing so they asked us to park and come into the office. We reported at the 'Traffic' counter. There was no one else except us. The guy was just neutral, no emotions at all. I was expecting him to smile a little, lol!!! Anyway, he went through our passports, asked us to sign the COPR declaration. My wife's visitor visa to Canada was refused once but we forgot to mention that in the COPR form. Later on it occurred to us and we rectified that in the form. The guy was little annoyed but said that he understands we wouldn't lie after reaching this point and didn't make a huge fuss about it.

He then congratulated us and told us our rights and responsibilities as PRs. I had a Goods to Follow list but he inquired why I didn't declare the items when I came as a student. He was not rude but firm on the questions. I and wife had to explain that we came as temporary visitors and now plan to stay in Canada permanently. Finally, he called up his superior and confirmed that we can declare all these in B4 form. We returned the I-94 as well. The entire process took almost 50 minutes.

One thing that we noticed, American side was too desolated from Kalispell until Coutts. There were dead towns and virtually no people for 3 hours before Coutts. We didn't find any McD or Subway etc. We joked that for Americans winter is too cold by the time they reached 49th parallel but for Canada life starts there :) As soon as one crosses border, its like life springs up, all lights and lively towns.

All in all, it was smooth and without too much stress. I think I explained all the points but will be around to answer any questions!! You all were really helpful, thanks a ton!!

Good luck to all the people who are still waiting. Keep hope guys, your time is coming shortly too.

venky7x7

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
BANGALORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2015
Oh god am december 2014 applicant...but still IN PROCESS. guys, please let me know whether there is any method to know the status of my file. I think I am the only person who didn't got the status updated to DECISION MADE yet and my permit is going to expire in july. what to do guys??got stuck really...advice me friends....

soriano177

Star Member
May 21, 2015
venky7x7 said:
Oh god am december 2014 applicant...but still IN PROCESS. guys, please let me know whether there is any method to know the status of my file. I think I am the only person who didn't got the status updated to DECISION MADE yet and my permit is going to expire in july. what to do guys??got stuck really...advice me friends....
i am still in proccess that is so bad

delta304

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
venky7x7 said:
sorry to hear that u r still in painful waiting game. first thing apply GCMS notes asap.
second go to your MP (if you are inland )tell your story and request to ask cic about your status.
third thing wait for sharp 15 months and then call cic call centre and ask what happen with your file
current processing time is 15 months. i guess you are about to reach your processing time or may b over the
processing time. i dont know what else i can suggest you, may b some more ppl from this forum can come up
with something that might help you. good luck.

Soon2332

Jan 21, 2016
prasprime said:
Wait for 3-4 days. I too had the same problem.
After 4 days, they gave me the SIN number.

Hi, did u had to follow some procedure with cic call centre agent? I was told dey will email border immi dept on the 6th business day, if they dont update the system by that time.

Diegof09

Star Member
Dec 28, 2015
venky7x7 said:
I know howbyou feel, im from october and barely got PPR 2 weeks ago, but i have friends from sep and oct still wqiting for decision made