+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR application December 2014 applicant

Chanchis

Star Member
Sep 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone!!
We've just returned from the border (Chanchis and husband). yeahhh!! Landing process is complete! ;D ;D
Here is our experience at the border: Carway, Alberta.
First we drove 1000 km to get there, we arrive on Thursday Nov.12th at noon time.
As you approach to the border you will see the Canadian Office first where you just have to drive through, no stop required at this point. Then in about 30 mts. you'll see the USA Office, you have to stay in your car with your passport in hand. When the Officer call you he will ask for your documents and the reason you are want to enter USA. You have to said is for Flag-poling. He will tell you to park in the back of the building and come inside. They do a administrative refusal letter with your information (it took about 3 minutes). Then you have to drive back to Canadian side. Over there you have to present your refusal letter and passport and tell the Officer you are there for landing as new immigrant. He'll instruct you to park and come inside. Once you are inside you have to present your documentation to the Officer (passports, all your work permits, or at least the current one and your CoPR letter). He will ask you about your criminality.
Then they make you wait in the waiting room for us it was like 15 minutes, but there was just one person before us and no one else there at this time.
Then the Officer will call you and make you sign your CoPR letters, then he'll hand your copy plus a instructive form of your next steps, like renewing your sin number and health care. That's it.
Not much excitement from them, but for us it was paradise!!!
Note: We just presented our current work permits and when he asked us if we have some more at home, we just said NO, but I do have previous at home, so I will destroy them anyways, because he trusted in our word.
Then driving back 1000 km. again, but with a sense of relief and happiness of looking the same prairies with you brand new Status. :) :)

Happy landing to everyone, don't be nervous while waiting in the waiting room, it's normal to wait, and there are many cameras too!
Good luck my friends!!! ;) ;)

kaladhar

May 25, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
LANDED..........
Feb 3, 2016
Chanchis said:
Hello everyone!!
We've just returned from the border (Chanchis and husband). yeahhh!! Landing process is complete! ;D ;D

Happy landing to everyone, don't be nervous while waiting in the waiting room, it's normal to wait, and there are many cameras too!
Good luck my friends!!! ;)
That's awesome, Chanchis.. Congratulations on your PR.. I'm thrilled for you & your spouse..
Thank you for sharing your experience @the border.. ;D

Cheers
KB

Singh5556

Apr 15, 2015
Chanchis said:
Hello everyone!!
Here is our experience at the border: Carway, Alberta.
First we drove 1000 km to get there, we arrive on Thursday Nov.12th at noon time.
As you approach to the border you will see the Canadian Office first where you just have to drive through, no stop required at this point. Then in about 30 mts. you'll see the USA Office, you have to stay in your car with your passport in hand. When the Officer call you he will ask for your documents and the reason you are want to enter USA. You have to said is for Flag-poling. He will tell you to park in the back of the building and come inside. They do a administrative refusal letter with your information (it took about 3 minutes). Then you have to drive back to Canadian side. Over there you have to present your refusal letter and passport and tell the Officer you are there for landing as new immigrant. He'll instruct you to park and come inside. Once you are inside you have to present your documentation to the Officer (passports, all your work permits, or at least the current one and your CoPR letter). He will ask you about your criminality.
Then they make you wait in the waiting room for us it was like 15 minutes, but there was just one person before us and no one else there at this time.
Then the Officer will call you and make you sign your CoPR letters, then he'll hand your copy plus a instructive form of your next steps, like renewing your sin number and health care. That's it.
Note: We just presented our current work permits and when he asked us if we have some more at home, we just said NO, but I do have previous at home, so I will destroy them anyways, because he trusted in our word.
Then driving back 1000 km. again, but with a sense of relief and happiness of looking the same prairies with you brand new Status. :) :)

Good luck my friends!!! ;) ;)
Congratulations :)

lxx

Apr 21, 2015
I received GCMS notes yesterday -- security yet to start, criminality and medical passed
[/quote]
me too,security not started,everything else passed,nov 24 applicant,it shows transfer to ottawa at the end of sep

lbdz

Star Member
May 26, 2014
CoPR received!! :)

But I dont think I will do the landing until January 1st when I will come back from Christmas vacation.

Also, congratulations to the recent landed immigrants!

Hope to read more good news from everybody else.

Druce

Champion Member
Aug 6, 2012
South Africa
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria, South Africa
NOC Code......
0621 - Retail and Wholesale Trade Manager
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MPNP 22 April 2014 CIC 22 September 2015
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
11 September 2015
AOR Received.
11 December 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
1 February 2016
Med's Request
4 August 2016
Med's Done....
10 August 2016 - Passed 31 August 2016 on myCIC
Interview........
noce
Passport Req..
12 Septmeber 2016
VISA ISSUED...
28 September 2016
LANDED..........
Mid December 2016 if all goes well!
lbdz said:
CoPR received!! :)

But I dont think I will do the landing until January 1st when I will come back from Christmas vacation.

Also, congratulations to the recent landed immigrants!

Hope to read more good news from everybody else.
Congratulations to you and everyone else with their steady progress. This journey sure is not for the faint hearted ;)

dgh1364

Star Member
May 4, 2015
I don't know why CIC is so slow. It might be because of refugees as well. They want to process 25,000 refugees by the end of this year :eek: :eek:

Guess what? they all need security check. bye-bye PR, see you in 2016.

dgh1364

Star Member
May 4, 2015
Any update guys?
I received my second GCMS note today. Still security is not started. DEC 19 Applicant. :-[ :-[ :-[

greenlemon

Star Member
Mar 13, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December15 2014
AOR Received.
April 15 2015
Med's Request
May 1 2015
Med's Done....
May 15 2015
Passport Req..
In God's time
dgh1364 said:
Any update guys?
I received my second GCMS note today. Still security is not started. DEC 19 Applicant. :-[ :-[ :-[
no update.... I just check my ecas once a week. I don't expect any progress now. don't stress out ourselves waiting for something we don't know when it will come. since my application turns to IP I was anticipating to get it soon but unfortunately cic works unpredictably... to add up, in my GCMS notes it says eligibility requires review. it seems like i will be having a long journey of waiting....

Michelle888

Oct 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
Doc's Request.
24-08-2015 IP status on 26-08-2015
AOR Received.
15-04-2015
Med's Request
01-05-2015
Med's Done....
22-05-2015 Medicals Received on 12-06-2015 RPRF paid on 22-07-2015
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
dgh1364 said:
Any update guys?
Does it say where your file is located? It usually says that at the end of the notes if the file has been transfered to Ottawa already.
Thanks

VSw

Jul 18, 2014
Michelle888 said:
Does it say where your file is located? It usually says that at the end of the notes if the file has been transfered to Ottawa already.
Thanks
Michelle888/Guys,

How do you find where is the file? I looked through the GCMS notes and it says PV2-JAN. Do you know what does that mean?

Thanks
Vivek

hussy74

Dec 15, 2014
VSw said:
Michelle888/Guys,

How do you find where is the file? I looked through the GCMS notes and it says PV2-JAN. Do you know what does that mean?

Thanks
Vivek
Nov 20, nothing started for me either. my file says "Location: PS-Dependant Issue, Office, Centralized intake office"

I will send a letter to MP today.

dgh1364

Star Member
May 4, 2015
Michelle888 said:
Thanks
Hi,

Under the "paper file transfer history" it shows office: CIO, transfer Location: PV2-JAN (happened: Sep25,2015. no reason is there and I don't see Ottawa name).
What is PV2-JAN? Is it Ottawa?

However, in the report I see that it shows CIO as the primary office and Ottawa as the secondary. I don't know what that mean.