noce
Passport Req..
12 Septmeber 2016
VISA ISSUED...
28 September 2016
LANDED..........
Mid December 2016 if all goes well!
Quink said:
I was inside Canada on an IEC open work permit before I applied for provincial nomination. Then I spent time on a visitor / temporary resident visa while waiting for nomination, and then on the closed work permit I was able to get once nominated.
Hi Quink, how did you get the open work permit and how did you get the closed work permit? And why could you only get the closed work permit after nomination? I have MPNP Nomination and I am thinking of getting a work permit for the time being, any thoughts on this?

mtymexmontreal

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney,NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-sep-2014
AOR Received.
28-Jan-2015
Med's Request
12-Feb-2015
Med's Done....
18-Feb-2015
Passport Req..
22-Oct
VISA ISSUED...
06-Nov-2015
LANDED..........
14-Nov-2015
HELLO GUYS

any news on the return trackers for the passports sent last week to Ottawa?

Im talking about the Ready for Visa batch of the 22-23 Oct.

dgh1364

Star Member
May 4, 2015
Any new updates guy?? ??? ??? ???

I got my GCMS notes which was issued on 09Oct2015: everything is passed (medical, criminality, eligibility), but the security is not started yet. How is it going to impact my application??
I assume there will be a long wait for me.
I am 19DEC2014 applicant and IP since 05SEP2015.

saloni86

Aug 11, 2015
Hello everyone!
This may be a off the topic question but i really need your support. I recieved passport request on 20th oct. my wp expires on 19th nov. i recently had a tragedy in my family and im currently in my home country would be reaching canada on 10th nov. now my question is since my wp & trv both expires on 19th nov will they create an issue while boarding or immigrations ( to be precise leaving from Delhi, India port of entry would be Vancouver) please reply asap!

hussy74

Dec 15, 2014
saloni86 said:
Hello everyone!
This may be a off the topic question but i really need your support. I recieved passport request on 20th oct. my wp expires on 19th nov. i recently had a tragedy in my family and im currently in my home country would be reaching canada on 10th nov. now my question is since my wp & trv both expires on 19th nov will they create an issue while boarding or immigrations ( to be precise leaving from Delhi, India port of entry would be Vancouver) please reply asap!
I dont think there should be any problem. What you should do is take a print out of the passport request and present it at the port of entry and inquire if the officer can issue you an extension of your work permit so that you may wait with a legal status for your PR visa. This is very unlikely to happen as they dont issue BOWP at port of entry, so tell the officer that you plan on applying for BOWP right after you land in Canada.

saloni86

Aug 11, 2015
hussy74 said:
I dont think there should be any problem. What you should do is take a print out of the passport request and present it at the port of entry and inquire if the officer can issue you an extension of your work permit so that you may wait with a legal status for your PR visa. This is very unlikely to happen as they dont issue BOWP at port of entry, so tell the officer that you plan on applying for BOWP right after you land in Canada.
Thanks for the response, also my question while boarding at Delhi airport will they create an issue?

VSw

Jul 18, 2014
dgh1364 said:
Any new updates guy?? ??? ??? ???

I got my GCMS notes which was issued on 09Oct2015: everything is passed (medical, criminality, eligibility), but the security is not started yet. How is it going to impact my application??
I assume there will be a long wait for me.
I am 19DEC2014 applicant and IP since 05SEP2015.
Hey dgh,

After reading your post, I read my GCMS notes again. Mine has exact same thing. Medical, criminality, eligibility passed but security not started. BTW, do you have a detailed note from the case officer stating things about your status, medical etc. I am Dec 29 applicant, IP on Sep 12.

I guess someone from the more experienced people can comment how long does it take for the security step clearance?

Cheers

dgh1364

Star Member
May 4, 2015
Hi VSw,

Yes, there is a note at the end of the report from an officer stating that I passed medical, eligibility and criminal.

I don't know how long does the security check take?? Any one could help in this regard??

BCPNP2014

May 5, 2015
don't know if this will help much... but when i got my gcms notes, it pretty said the same thing about security, but then i got my PPR the next day after receiving the notes

VSw said:
Hey dgh,

After reading your post, I read my GCMS notes again. Mine has exact same thing. Medical, criminality, eligibility passed but security not started. BTW, do you have a detailed note from the case officer stating things about your status, medical etc. I am Dec 29 applicant, IP on Sep 12.

I guess someone from the more experienced people can comment how long does it take for the security step clearance?

Cheers

VSw

Jul 18, 2014
villary said:
I just got Ready For Visa Email.

Dec 29th 14
IP 12th Sept
Additional document 10th Sept
DM 23RD Oct
Ready for Visa 2nd November
Thanks BCPNP2014. I think it also depends how much you were into the security check when you got your GCMS notes. But thanks for your reply, hope it gets over soon.

Hi villary,

Congrats man, almost done..

Quick question for you: I was wondering if you had a relatively simple case (single, stay in single country etc.)?

Thanks

villary

May 17, 2013
VSw said:
Thanks BCPNP2014. I think it also depends how much you were into the security check when you got your GCMS notes. But thanks for your reply, hope it gets over soon.

Hi villary,

Congrats man, almost done..

Quick question for you: I was wondering if you had a relatively simple case (single, stay in single country etc.)?

Thanks

I dont know a what you meant by simple but I will give you quick info about me and my case.
I am from the EU
I got addition doc for schedule A on the 10th Sept which I completed but I was promoted from assist Manager to Warehouse Manager for a construction company so I added it. First I thought it might be a problem but I did it anyway.
I faxed and posted update and here we are. Decision on the 23rd Oct, Ready for Visa 2nd Nov, Posted passport photos and copy same day.

Hope I answered your question.

Chanchis

Star Member
Sep 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So happy my friends!!!! :) :) :)
My CoPR letter arrived this morning!!!
I can't believe this is almost over... I will post the details of my landing very soon.
I'm so grateful for your help and please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any information from me.
I'll be in the forum. For all of you that still waiting, my strength and good vibes are with you, everything is going to be ok, and your sacrifice will be rewarded very soon.
Thank you so much!!!

dgh1364

Star Member
May 4, 2015
Congrats Chanchis!!!

Hopefully we all get some good news soon. No movement this week. They are very slow these days.

kaladhar

May 25, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
LANDED..........
Feb 3, 2016
I love happy endings!
Congratulations, Chanchis! :)
Its time to celebrate ;D

Chanchis said:
So happy my friends!!!! :) :) :)
My CoPR letter arrived this morning!!!
I can't believe this is almost over... I will post the details of my landing very soon.
I'm so grateful for your help and please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any information from me.
I'll be in the forum. For all of you that still waiting, my strength and good vibes are with you, everything is going to be ok, and your sacrifice will be rewarded very soon.
Thank you so much!!!

Chanchis

Star Member
Sep 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks to everyone, specially Quink, Kaladhar, dgh1364, Michelle888, Greenlemon, Sanjhh and many others who has help and support me on this journey. Thanks, this is really time to celebrate... My diet is over.... lol!!!